Soda Package Gone?

billyu

Just checked the app and webpage and the soda package has been replaced with the Zero Proof Beverage package at $36.17 CAD plus 20% gratuity per day.

Do they realize that some of us are just want to have soda too drink and not be gouged with crazy pricing like this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I think the same rules apply as the drinks package, both people in the same cabin have to have the package which makes it over $80 with tips per cabin per day. That is a lot of soda and water.

I don't think so, I just drilled down into the packages and the Classic and Premium booze package have a disclaimer that all members of the cabin must buy it, but the Zero-Proof does not contain the same disclaimer. 

Edited by drowelf

2 minutes ago, mpdog42 said:

I have ordered and paid for this already for my upcoming cruise..It shoes up in my orders but not in the cruise planner...What Gives?

It is not unusual, as long as it is on the guest copy of your invoice it will only take a few mins to sort out onboard if it doesn’t show up on your card onboard. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drowelf said:

I don't think so, I just drilled down into the packages and the Classic and Premium booze package have a disclaimer that all members of the cabin must buy it, but the Zero-Proof does not contain the same disclaimer. 

That sounds like the old soda package.  You could just purchase it for the kids/teens.

The weird thing is that it is not showing up on my cruise planner as a Package to

4 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

It is not unusual, as long as it is on the guest copy of your invoice it will only take a few mins to sort out onboard if it doesn’t show up on your card onboard. 

Like people have said ...It is gone from the cruise planner as a option to buy...getting kind of sick of all this BS with Celebrity...I guess it's another call to the TA on Tuesday!!🤬

Edited by mpdog42

2 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

That sounds like the old soda package.  You could just purchase it for the kids/teens.

Don't think so. Its called the Zero-proof and it does not have the following text, which is contained in the Classic/Premium Drink Packages

Highlights

• Each adult of legal drinking age assigned to the same stateroom must purchase this package.

1 minute ago, drowelf said:

Don't think so. Its called the Zero-proof and it does not have the following text, which is contained in the Classic/Premium Drink Packages

Highlights

• Each adult of legal drinking age assigned to the same stateroom must purchase this package.

OK.  So you could not use this for kids sodas unless everyone purchased?  What if you already had the drinks package.  Would you have to purchase this also?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NMTraveller said:

OK.  So you could not use this for kids sodas unless everyone purchased?  What if you already had the drinks package.  Would you have to purchase this also?

No, The 'everyone of legal age' requirement is for the booze packages. The zero-Proof package does not contain any language requiring all persons in the stateroom to purchase it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

The weird thing is that it is not showing up on my cruise planner as a Package to

Like people have said ...It is gone from the cruise planner as a option to buy...getting kind of sick of all this BS with Celebrity...I guess it's another call to the TA on Tuesday!!🤬

I agree with all the BS. This is a totally different experience then what I signed up for with all the cuts and additional charges that have been added. 

• Like 1

We just got off our first cruise on Oceania.  Guess what?  The same kind of things are going on there.  When we booked (over 18 mos. ago) we chose the Classic beverage pkg. as our O life perk.  To upgrade to  Premium would be $20 p/p per day for a 10 day cruise.  We figured we'd get on board (as you cannot do it before your board) and upgrade for $400.  Well, the day our cruise left, it was no longer $20 p/p per day but was now $30!  The drink prices also increased from $1 - $3 additional. The gratuities (which were included by our TA) also jumped from $160 to $180 per person for the cruise.  We opted not to upgrade our drinks package and spent a total of  $150 total to drink what we wanted.  I have to note that the Classic pkg. included wine and beer at lunch and dinner and they had a 2 for 1 happy hour daily.  The cruise lines are all having inflationary pressures as well as trying to recoup all of the monies lost during the Covid lockdown.  I do believe that demand will sort out all of these "extra" charges.   Some are definitely more palatable than others!  Next up, Panama Canal on the Edge.  

Both people in the cabin do NOT have to purchase the alcohol package.  On our last two cruises (Sept Solstice and Dec Reflection) my husband had the classic non-alcohol package and I had the premium alcohol package.   He doesn't drink alcohol and doesn't mind drinking water out of an aluminum container.

Celebrity just changed their policy to require all stateroom occupants to purchase the same drink package. We booked edge for January 23,2023 in November and policy changed December. Has anybody else found this unfair? My husband drinks very little 

On 1/15/2023 at 1:29 PM, billyu said:

I agree with all the BS. This is a totally different experience then what I signed up for with all the cuts and additional charges that have been added. 

I am quite annoyed by their sudden policy change to force all cabin mates to purchase package for alcohol .. calls to celebrity haven’t gone any good 

On 1/15/2023 at 1:56 PM, AnnaNicole said:

Both people in the cabin do NOT have to purchase the alcohol package.  On our last two cruises (Sept Solstice and Dec Reflection) my husband had the classic non-alcohol package and I had the premium alcohol package.   He doesn't drink alcohol and doesn't mind drinking water out of an aluminum container.

As of December 19,2022 Celebrity I’d forcing you to do it.

On 1/15/2023 at 12:56 PM, AnnaNicole said:

They do make exceptions in a case like yours but the official policy is that all adults in a cabin must have a drinks package.

Here is the quote from the Celebrity website:

Highlights

• Each adult of legal drinking age assigned to the same stateroom must purchase this package
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

They do make exceptions in a case like yours but the official policy is that all adults in a cabin must have a drinks package.

Highlights

• Each adult of legal drinking age assigned to the same stateroom must purchase this package

Does anyone know how many bottles of wine each person can bring neg on board 

39 minutes ago, Jodidawn said:

Does anyone know how many bottles of wine each person can bring neg on board 

I believe it changed from 1 to 2 bottles per person at embarkation, if you have a drinks package there is no corkage fee.

3 hours ago, Jodidawn said:

As of December 19,2022 Celebrity I’d forcing you to do it.

I guess my December 18 cruise just squeaked in.

I am not happy with the new change.   Especially given the really high cost of the alcohol packages now.

I guess I will be bringing wine onboard.  

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Highlights

ugh

3 hours ago, AnnaNicole said:

ugh

From the FAQ's:

My travel partner is pregnant/recovering alcoholic/medical issue that does not allow them to drink, do I have to purchase for them?

Our policy requires that any guest wishing to purchase the Drink Package must do so for all other guests of legal drinking age in the same stateroom. However, we will make an exception for the following:

Exceptions: 

Children 12 years old and under: will NOT be required to purchase a Zero drink package.
Teens – A Zero Proof drink package will be added
13 -17 years old (Europe, Asia, Australia)
13 - 20 years old (USA)
Pregnant guests – A Zero Proof drink package will be added.
Recovering alcoholic or medical issue that does not allow guests to consume alcohol. – A Zero Proof drink package will be added.

I don't think you have to provide documented proof for the final exemption, just self-attest that you have a condition that you cannot consume alcohol.  To do otherwise would be a huge invasion of the guest's privacy.

• Thanks 1