Problem, leaving Argentina from our cruise

newfietravel

We arrived on a princess ship fourth January 2023. We opted to stay in Argentina for 10 days. I just try to book a bus ticket to Santiago, Chile but I could not because my passport was not stamped and they could not find me on the computer of the dates in Ushuaia and Buenos Aires.  Any suggestions?

Honestly, I don’t think anyone here or at Princess Cruises can help you, at this point.  Your best bet is to contact the Embassy (are you Canadian…your profile name suggests this?) in Argentina.  Maybe another member has some ideas and could advise you better than I can.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newfietravel said:

We arrived on a princess ship fourth January 2023. We opted to stay in Argentina for 10 days. I just try to book a bus ticket to Santiago, Chile but I could not because my passport was not stamped and they could not find me on the computer of the dates in Ushuaia and Buenos Aires.  Any suggestions?

Canadian website reference Argentina travel:

https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/argentina

Canadian Embassy for Argentina

https://www.international.gc.ca/country-pays/argentina-argentine/buenos_aires.aspx?lang=eng

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newfietravel said:

It may have something to do with the bus service.  The border can be very tough.

Argentina did not stamp our passports in or out of there.  We flew out.  US citizens.

Most countries issue exit stamps in addition to entry stamps. A few countries issue only entry stamps, including Canada, El Salvador, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States. Argentina, Australia, Hong Kong, Israel, Macau and Singapore do not stamp passports upon entry nor exit.

I’d check with the Embassy tomorrow morning.

45 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

It may have something to do with the bus service.  The border can be very tough.

Argentina did not stamp our passports in or out of there.  We flew out.  US citizens.

Most countries issue exit stamps in addition to entry stamps. A few countries issue only entry stamps, including Canada, El Salvador, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States. Argentina, Australia, Hong Kong, Israel, Macau and Singapore do not stamp passports upon entry nor exit.

I’d check with the Embassy tomorrow morning.

I ordered the expanded passport in hopes of getting stamps.  None so far…..from Canada or US. So saddened!  

2 hours ago, newfietravel said:

Contact the BA port agent for Princess. They can probably assist or point you in the right direction.

We had a similar problem a few years ago on Pullmantur (RIP).  We arrived in Europe from Canada at CDG Paris then connected to Barcelona.  French customs did not stamp our passport and when we tried to board our cruise in Barcelona the purser was not going to let us board.  As we were in a suite we had access to a suite concierge and she had enough clout to tell the purser to get lost, and we boarded.