Help with hotel in Fort Lauderdale during spring break

sdnich

On 1/15/2023 at 7:13 PM, Jim_Iain said:

We are just on the cusp of Spring break and the rates show it.

Love the suggestions but geezeeeeee the rates are over the top -   We currently have a reservation at Hilton Embassy Suite for April 13 - 15 with a free cancellation until 5 days of arrival for $354 per night (2 nights including Tax $953).   I was hoping it would drop but seems to be climbing.

I just checked Hilton Marina and the are at $573 -  $1,363 including Taxes and fees for 2 days.

I guess I will be happy with Embassy Suites for now.

We are kicking ourselves for booking the Riverside Hotel several months ago for one night stay 4/14 before our 4/15 cruise. There is a big music festival from 4/14-4/16 called the Tortuga Music festival and guess where they are telling festival goers to catch the water taxi? Yep, right outside of our hotel. I'm praying we can find a safe place to stay that's a little farther away from the party crowds but within a 30 minute drive to Port Everglades.

On 1/15/2023 at 9:21 PM, sdnich said:

We ended up booking the Hilton Fort Lauderdale beach resort for 160,000 points for ocean view!  It looks like a great resort and it would’ve cost us over $1300! Happy with our choice

You chose well 😉

9 hours ago, Florida Glamazon said:

We are kicking ourselves for booking the Riverside Hotel several months ago for one night stay 4/14 before our 4/15 cruise. There is a big music festival from 4/14-4/16 called the Tortuga Music festival and guess where they are telling festival goers to catch the water taxi? Yep, right outside of our hotel. I'm praying we can find a safe place to stay that's a little farther away from the party crowds but within a 30 minute drive to Port Everglades.

Check out hotels in Plantation, a nice suburb just west of Fort Lauderdale.  All the major chains are represented and, at least pre-covid, posts here noted that the Hampton Inn had shuttle service from the airport and to the port.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Check out hotels in Plantation, a nice suburb just west of Fort Lauderdale.  All the major chains are represented and, at least pre-covid, posts here noted that the Hampton Inn had shuttle service from the airport and to the port.

Exactly this ^^^.  We've stayed in Plantation a number of times when we've sailed in the "high season" for hotels nearer to Port Everglades. Although Plantation is a bit farther down the 595, the hotel rates can be substantially better than the 17th St strip and the area is well served by restaurants and shopping.

• Like 1

How are hotels at Dolphin Mall? 

we normally stay in Brickell area multiple hotels or at Double Tree by Hilton next to Galleria mall Ft Lauderdale. 

Let’s just say prices are wild😳🤪 We need 2.nights pre and post cruise for our b2b in March/April. 
We can get a decent rate at Dolphin Mall hotels and at some of Mia airport locations. 
We don’t have a rental car. 

One year in Feb (I guess it was a college break), we stayed at Best Western Oceanside on Sea Breeze Blvd.  The hotel was far away to not hear or see any noise and still be100 yards to the ocean.  We took the Sun Trolley along the beach area.  We saw and hear all the noise and crowds of students along the main beach area.  We keep saying we were glad we were at the Best Western Oceanside away from the main beach area and noise.

The Best Western Oceanside, is our to go to hotel when we are in FLL for a few days.  The ocean is 100 yards away without any crowds, has a few picnic tables.