Help with hotel in Fort Lauderdale during spring break

sdnich

We are looking for a hotel two nights pre-cruise in Fort Lauderdale we we’re looking at the Bahia Mar  by Hilton but realize it is spring break week? so not quite sure if that would be a bad choice and wanted to see where other hotels regular cruisers like to stay at would like to stay with Hilton properties(points)

8 minutes ago, sdnich said:

We are looking for a hotel two nights pre-cruise in Fort Lauderdale we we’re looking at the Bahia Mar  by Hilton but realize it is spring break week? so not quite sure if that would be a bad choice and wanted to see where other hotels regular cruisers like to stay at would like to stay with Hilton properties(points)

If you're going to be there for two nights pre-cruise, then that would be a good bet as it's near the beach and the "fun". The closest hotel zone to Port Everglades is 17th street, and the Hilton Marina tends to be a good bet, VERY close to the port though not directly on the beach. Lots of good reviews on the Florida Departures sub-forum. We usually stay at the (Mariott) Renaissance right next door and love waking up to seeing all the cruise ships docked in the harbor right outside our window.  Have a great trip ;o)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sdnich said:

We usually stay at the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port or the Embassy Suites  Fort Lauderdale 17th Street. We also use HH points. 

I was looking at the Hilton Marina but the only rooms available for point redemption are the suites at 353,000 points for 2 nights!! I am now looking at Hilton Fort Lauderdale beach resort.I looked back at reviews from last March and did not see many speak about spring break party people .

1 hour ago, lola2013 said:

We stay at Hilton Gallery One on Sunrise Blvd.  I am traveling with friends who are redeeming points.  Close to the beach, Galleria Mall and restaurants. 

Our hotel of choice even though the property is really getting rundown.  But so far location wins. Water taxi stop is another big plus, as is a grocery store close by.

7 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Our hotel of choice even though the property is really getting rundown.  But so far location wins. Water taxi stop is another big plus, as is a grocery store close by.

We were there most recently a year ago and returning in a few weeks.  I have never done the water taxi but have already bought a ticket for next month and am looking forward to it.  Always stop at Publix across the street and Primanti Brothers is another must! 

We are just on the cusp of Spring break and the rates show it.

Love the suggestions but geezeeeeee the rates are over the top -   We currently have a reservation at Hilton Embassy Suite for April 13 - 15 with a free cancellation until 5 days of arrival for $354 per night (2 nights including Tax $953).   I was hoping it would drop but seems to be climbing.

I just checked Hilton Marina and the are at $573 -  $1,363 including Taxes and fees for 2 days.

I guess I will be happy with Embassy Suites for now.

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Love the suggestions but geezeeeeee the rates are over the top -   We currently have a reservation at Hilton Embassy Suite for April 13 - 15 with a free cancellation until 5 days of arrival for $354 per night (2 nights including Tax $953).   I was hoping it would drop but seems to be climbing.

I just checked Hilton Marina and the are at $573 -  $1,363 including Taxes and fees for 2 days.

Here's hoping you're happy with Embassy Suites....unfortunately it has been getting bad reviews for quite sometime...tired and run down. We used to say there but not any longer.

FYI....Check out Hyatt Place (it sits right behind ES) get rates with ValueTrips or as a Hyatt membership.

8 hours ago, Ashland said:

Here's hoping you're happy with Embassy Suites....unfortunately it has been getting bad reviews for quite sometime...tired and run down. We used to say there but not any longer.

FYI....Check out Hyatt Place (it sits right behind ES) get rates with ValueTrips or as a Hyatt membership.

We were booked at the Embassy suites for a couple months and read a lot of bad reviews from the last few weeks that  is why I decided to change . We also have 1 night after at the Renaissance(w/ points)We would have gone home right after cruise but flight home the next day to San Diego was so much cheaper!

I want to add the Hilton beach resort was 80,000 points per night but we have two nights and it is in a large ocean view room . I generally I wouldn’t want to use that many points but since after my research it is in the middle of spring break I wanted to rule out any possible party hotels!! 

Edited by sdnich

Have you looked at Valuetrips.com?     You might be able to get the Hyatt Place Cruise Port for a reasonable amount, depending on the date.   It might be worth a try.

I did this and am booked for $219 plus tax for a Friday night (weekend are more).  Non weekends are $189 I believe.

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Take a look at super travel.   They have much better rates for some hotels than other sites.  Embassy suites is $329 for your dates.   You may be interested in the Pelican Grand, if you like Ocean front room with living room and a balcony, the seaside suites are only $311 + tax.    

3 minutes ago, rjack22 said:

Have you looked at Valuetrips.com?     You might be able to get the Hyatt Place Cruise Port for a reasonable amount, depending on the date.   It might be worth a try.

I did this and am booked for $219 plus tax for a Friday night (weekend are more).  Non weekends are $189 I believe.

If we were using cash I would check it out but had a lot of Hilton points .

sorry just saw you were posting to Jim 

Edited by sdnich

11 hours ago, Ashland said:

Thanks.    The ValueTrips is excluded the dates as a blackout period.      The only rate they could offer is their Standard Rate at $379 per night with Hyatt, AAA AARP etc .   I made a booking as it as able to cancel up to 48 hours prior to arrival.      I have to agree on our last visit I thought ES was really looking worn out.

The one thing Iain enjoyed was the happy hour at ES but no big deal to me as I don't drink.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AnnaNicole said:

Take a look at super travel.   They have much better rates for some hotels than other sites.  Embassy suites is $329 for your dates.   You may be interested in the Pelican Grand, if you like Ocean front room with living room and a balcony, the seaside suites are only $311 + tax.    

Interesting.. they seem to be playing a game with my reservation --  They give a decent rate for ES but then add on about 2X the tax and fees as on my reservation which brings me almost back to what I'm currently paying.

image.thumb.png.6a6f0a2e5a9929d30d4968625ce9454c.png

Edited by Jim_Iain

22 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Interesting.. they seem to be playing a game with my reservation --  They give a decent rate for ES but then add on about 2X the tax and fees as on my reservation which brings me almost back to what I'm currently paying.

image.thumb.png.6a6f0a2e5a9929d30d4968625ce9454c.png

That's weird.  I wonder why the taxes and fees are so high.   I recently used them and did not notice any elevated fees. 

On 1/15/2023 at 12:02 PM, vacruizer said:

The Hotel Maren is amazing and right on the beach, but a few blocks away from the mains strip so quieter. It’s expensive but great if you can use Hilton points for it. 

Thanks for the recommendation...we just booked there for one night post cruise!

21 hours ago, AnnaNicole said:

I've never heard of this site but their prices do look good. Have you used them and had a good experience?

10 hours ago, RNRcruisers said:

I've never heard of this site but their prices do look good. Have you used them and had a good experience?

I have!   I have had no issues.   Great service via email, text, and chat.   I haven't used their phone customer service option.   They used to be snap travel.

Edited by AnnaNicole
  • Like 1