Perry Grant

lulabelle

20 minutes ago, lulabelle said:

Anyone know what ship Perry is performing on?

We used to enjoy seeing Perry Grant  on Celebrity Cruises. His act is a riot. He had a cult like following.

I’m sorry I can’t help you with a specific answer but if you go onto his website or Facebook page, his schedule will likely be there.   I’d love to see him again. 
m

We were just off the Anthem on Friday, and we are happy to say Perry was there, in all his glory.

It was our first time being entertained by him and we made it our business to be there just about every night he was on. He performed in the Schooner Lounge from 9-12 with no breaks. AND, happy to say, (or not,) I got to light his ball one night.

Cheers

Len

• Like 2

First time with Perry on the Anthem. He definitely draws a crowd as the Schooner Bar is always standing room only. I find him hysterical. He actually has laryngitis currently and as of last night is doing just instrumental with sing a longs. But he's still doing his interaction with the audience best he can.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, retired dude said:

great news, we wont have to put up with him during our other sailings....life is good

But none has to see him perform. I was on several sailings on Celebrity where he performed and after checking him out a couple of times and I just skipped his "shows" as in my opinion he has little talent.  I But others think otherwise. He has fans who book to be on with him.  People often disagree about artists. One problem back then was he was taking up prime space on the ship. On a ship like Anthem there are a lot more venues so it should be easy to ignore him.

Edited by Charles4515

10 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

But none has to see him perform. I was on several sailings on Celebrity where he performed and after checking him out a couple of times and I just skipped his "shows" as in my opinion he has little talent.  I But others think otherwise. He has fans who book to be on with him.  People often disagree about artists. One problem back then was he was taking up prime space on the ship. On a ship like Anthem there are a lot more venues so it should be easy to ignore him.

He has talent, but it would be great if he did not repeat everything including jokes every time.

And while I am happy for his fans, I LOVE Schooner I wished we could spend more time there.

As much as we love Latin groups (and the last one Monnina band was nice) and The Billboard Cancun was too, it would be great if we could use Schooner more. 

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

He has talent, but it would be great if he did not repeat everything including jokes every time.

And while I am happy for his fans, I LOVE Schooner I wished we could spend more time there.

As much as we love Latin groups (and the last one Monnina band was nice) and The Billboard Cancun was too, it would be great if we could use Schooner more. 

I didn't know they had him in Schooner. That is our favorite hangout on Royal ships. I don't know why they have someone who is not to everyones taste take up a popular venue. He probably is hard to ignore there. 

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I didn't know they had him in Schooner. That is our favorite hangout on Royal ships. I don't know why they have someone who is not to everyones taste take up a popular venue. He probably is hard to ignore there. 

On Anthem, Schooner isn't that large. The bigger acts are in the Music Hall. They had a Latin band in Boleros, a guitarist/singer in the pub and there were different groups in the Music Hall including Aeromyth, an Aerosmith cover band. 

4 hours ago, baileymouse said:

On Anthem, Schooner isn't that large. The bigger acts are in the Music Hall. They had a Latin band in Boleros, a guitarist/singer in the pub and there were different groups in the Music Hall including Aeromyth, an Aerosmith cover band. 

I will keep that in mind and not book Anthem of the Seas this year. 

• 4 months later...

Perry's off of the Anthem officially. RCCL did not renew his contract according to his Facebook page. I'd bet if he doesn't come back to RCCL than another cruise line (not Carnival) will pick him up.

3 hours ago, toad455 said:

Perry's off of the Anthem officially. RCCL did not renew his contract according to his Facebook page.

Interesting! We mentioned him to the CD on Liberty (who was previously the CD on Anthem) and the CD indicated he wanted Royal HQ to get Perry Grant on board. No question he attracts a crowd each night.

• Like 1

I’m just got off Anthem this Sunday. Saw his last show. Was a good night the schooner bar was packed. We got talking to a few people who said that Royal had been receiving complaints about him. They decided not to renew his contract. He has just finished 6 months on board.

1 hour ago, Shocked91 said:

I’m just got off Anthem this Sunday. Saw his last show. Was a good night the schooner bar was packed. We got talking to a few people who said that Royal had been receiving complaints about him. They decided not to renew his contract. He has just finished 6 months on board.

That does not surprise me. I have heard him say some obnoxius things to passengers. It may have been some sort of humor but some did not take it that way. His type of show is not for me, I don't like his show but I would never complain to the cruise line about anything in his show. I just don't go when he is performing.

He's very straightforward when talking to people. Plus I'm sure he annoys a few due to being very flamboyant. Again, he'll get a job with another cruise. He has gigs booked throughout Florida in December for his holiday show.