MDR menus

GORDONCHICK

55 minutes ago, viperfoth said:

Easiest is to download the Celebrity App on your Phone. All the menus show up there for future cruises.

If no future cruises then.... search the forum 🙂  

Helpful.  I see you want me to dig through all the menus to find or not find something that many people already know.

And I have the app.  The cruise isn't booked yet.  

16 minutes ago, GORDONCHICK said:

Helpful.  I see you want me to dig through all the menus to find or not find something that many people already know.

And I have the app.  The cruise isn't booked yet.  

I’m booked on Apex 2/11-25 B2B. I looked each day for crème brûlée. I could be missing it, but I sure don’t see any.

I just read the description of the Metropolitan Restaurant.

Apparently these menus were created by a Michelin starred chef.

🙂 🙂  

Who knew that you could get Michelin status with tilapia and pork and beans.

No creme brulee on the menu for my sailing.

The menus have been reduced and are a bit disappointing right now.

I believe escargot is on the menu.

Edited by NMTraveller

Perhaps I’m looking in the wrong place, but the only thing I could find was one menu for each of the main, no fee dining rooms. Some people have posted menus for various  restaurants ( one I’ve seen a lot has a bunch of menus on one page are sort of crowded together). So when I try to enlarge them,  they are so blurry they can’t be read. Can someone tell me if it is the same menu each night in these dining rooms or do you the entrées etc. change each night? 

2 hours ago, GORDONCHICK said:

Where can I find some current MDR menus?  Also looking specifically for creme brulee, escargot, lamb - MDR or specialties or not to be found anymore?

Which ship were you interested in?  The menus vary somewhat by ship.

On Apex right now and these menus have been lackluster to say the least. 

Appetizers have been pretty good for the most part. 

Entree options seem very limited and very basic. No lamb spotted yet. 

No crème brûlée so far either. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

On Apex right now and these menus have been lackluster to say the least. 

Appetizers have been pretty good for the most part. 

Entree options seem very limited and very basic. No lamb spotted yet. 

No crème brûlée so far either. 

Settle down CG, you got your adult size martini today, even if it was in a margarita glass, that’s enough premium cruise excitement for you!

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

The current menu reminds me of Sizzler.  Would you like sirloin, sirloin, or sirloin?

15 hours ago, GORDONCHICK said:

Where can I find some current MDR menus?  Also looking specifically for creme brulee, escargot, lamb - MDR or specialties or not to be found anymore?

I just checked my mdr menu for Greece this summer and there is crème brûlée and lamb and prime rib and all of the other food that was on our Italy and Greece cruise last summer. I've also heard people say that if there is something you really want, you can try asking and they could possibly make it for you. But yes, one can see the mdr menus on the app once they book. 

13 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I just read the description of the Metropolitan Restaurant.

Apparently these menus were created by a Michelin starred chef.

🙂 🙂  

Who knew that you could get Michelin status with tilapia and pork and beans.

No creme brulee on the menu for my sailing.

The menus have been reduced and are a bit disappointing right now.

I believe escargot is on the menu.

Just a FYI, there is no such thing as a Michelin starred chef as stars to awarded to the RESTAURANT not the chef; the James Beard award is awarded to the chef.  You'd have no idea if this chef had anything to do with recipe development, if they actually cooked the food or if oversaw everything.  If one wants to call someone a Michelin starred chef then one would need to call every chef in that restaurant a Michelin starred chef including the interns

• Like 1

I was recently on the Beyond, and they had no crème brûlée. Then I was on the Silhouette, and it was offered every night. It seems that it’s not offered on the Edge class ships. I was rather disappointed in the food offerings overall and found myself going to the Ocean View a number of nights. And now we see that they are reducing the offerings in the Ocean View at night. I found hamburgers at the Mast Grill to have no flavor whatsoever.  I notice is first on the Apex and then again on the Beyond and the Silhouette. Obviously, they have another meat supplier. I hope Celebrity makes note of these comments by everyone. We all know how they suffered during the pandemic and they need to get back, but reducing quality isn’t the way to do it.

Just now, jcbnuge said:

I was recently on the Beyond, and they had no crème brûlée. Then I was on the Silhouette, and it was offered every night. It seems that it’s not offered on the Edge class ships. I was rather disappointed in the food offerings overall and found myself going to the Ocean View a number of nights. And now we see that they are reducing the offerings in the Ocean View at night. I found hamburgers at the Mast Grill to have no flavor whatsoever.  I notice is first on the Apex and then again on the Beyond and the Silhouette. Obviously, they have another meat supplier. I hope Celebrity makes note of these comments by everyone. We all know how they suffered during the pandemic and they need to get back, but reducing quality isn’t the way to do it.

When were you most recently on-board?  When I was on my TA in Oct/Nov we had creme brulee available every night.

I was on the repositioning cruise for the Beyond October 26 and there was no crème brûlée. In fact I requested it and they said they did not have it. I was on the Silhouette December 5 and had crème brûlée every night.