Covid Testing for Enhanced Guidelines Voyage

tawlaw1526

48 minutes ago, jwattle said:

In case of doubt, I would err on the conservative side: 

If I thought it looked like I could do medically observed OR a home one with a picture of the result, I would do the Optum/emed observed online because the bottom line is that it's their playground, their rules as far as getting onboard and when you get to another country, like Australia, it will be THEIR playground and THEIR rules for letting you in.

Travel safe and happy friends🥂

If they don't clarify the requirements prior to our sail date, then we'll err on the safe side.  But we won't feel good about spending $$ on a proctored test if we find that our fellow passengers boarded with just a photo of their free home test because they followed the instructions on the app saying that's ok.  

Anyway, I think we can all agree that Princess should use unambiguous language so there is no clarification needed.  

• Like 2

Last night I sent an email that details the conflicting language in the Cruise Health Tool and the FAQ to one of the VPs at Princess who is always very responsive.  This morning they responded that they have escalated this to the Communications Team.  

Hopefully this will result in the two documents being aligned shortly! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

Last night I sent an email that details the conflicting language in the Cruise Health Tool and the FAQ to one of the VPs at Princess who is always very responsive.  This morning they responded that they have escalated this to the Communications Team.  

@Shelly97060Really appreciate your help in this matter. Thank you.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

Did it ever occur to you that some people are not in the same position as you might be?  I have a friend that can't do medically observed tests on a phone, she has to fly from Florida to LA on the 15th and cruise leaves on the 17th.  That means she must take a rapid test on the 14th.  Believe it or not, in her area, they are almost impossible to find.  AND in searching for her around the San Pedro area, they are not easy to find either.  Things aren't always as easy as they may appear to you

Your friend could get a test online and have it taken in the comfort of their hotel room in LA on the 15th, 16th  or 17th. Just another possible solution 🙂

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

Did it ever occur to you that some people are not in the same position as you might be?  I have a friend that can't do medically observed tests on a phone, she has to fly from Florida to LA on the 15th and cruise leaves on the 17th.  That means she must take a rapid test on the 14th.  Believe it or not, in her area, they are almost impossible to find.  AND in searching for her around the San Pedro area, they are not easy to find either.  Things aren't always as easy as they may appear to you

So she will be ok if she is denied boarding? These days it is hard to believe that there is no one she knows that has a laptop, tablet, computer or smartphone and that there is no computer at her hotel or at where ever she is staying in LA.

That said, on our last enhanced voyage, there were a number of people who showed up who claimed to have no idea that a test was required. There were a certain number of tests available at the port but you have to hope you are early enough in the line before they run out.

19 minutes ago, pompeii said:

If they don't clarify the requirements prior to our sail date, then we'll err on the safe side.  But we won't feel good about spending $$ on a proctored test if we find that our fellow passengers boarded with just a photo of their free home test because they followed the instructions on the app saying that's ok.  

Anyway, I think we can all agree that Princess should use unambiguous language so there is no clarification needed.  

Blue Shield will reimburse for the test.  So check with your insurance company.

46 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

Is she anywhere near Ft Lauderdale? Lab Doctor 17th St. does rapid antigen tests.

If need be, you might check on the Florida departures for help on locations.

CVS/Walgreens and Kroger do them in our area, limited hours.  But, we’re not in FL.

21 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Is she anywhere near Ft Lauderdale? Lab Doctor 17th St. does rapid antigen tests.

If need be, you might check on the Florida departures for help on locations.

CVS/Walgreens and Kroger do them in our area, limited hours.  But, we’re not in FL.

Are they still free of charge?  I've read conflicting information.  

1 hour ago, Shelly97060 said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jemnibabe said:

Thanks for the links but I already know I am on an Enhanced Voyage and the first link provides no information.  Says it's too early

I know you do however, read Post 19. “This is where they should state clearly for the individual voyages”

Glad I ran across this thread.  Yes, Princess is making it even more confusing. 

I posted this on a Japan cruise Roll Call:

I am hoping that all of you on this earlier voyage will have information regarding Covid Testing.

Princess is clear as mud.

*   Will Japan require negative to enter country?  PCR/rapid proctored antigen?

*   Will Diamond require PCR or proctored antigen test?  Site says 3 day PCR.  Then another place says 2 days.  

It doesn't help we lose a day in travel and another for crossing the International Date Line (well/one and the same).  

I have a bunch of Binax Now proctored home tests.  I just need to know if I need one to get into Japan and one to get on a ship.  And is it 2 or 3 days.  

AND I do realize that any thing can change minute by minute.

12 hours ago, jwattle said:

In case of doubt, I would err on the conservative side: 

If I thought it looked like I could do medically observed OR a home one with a picture of the result, I would do the Optum/emed observed online because the bottom line is that it's their playground, their rules as far as getting onboard and when you get to another country, like Australia, it will be THEIR playground and THEIR rules for letting you in.

Travel safe and happy friends🥂

Absolutely! That is why we cancelled our Transpacific for this Spring! Australia and  New Zealand are moving targets and too stressful. There is no way to test at home before boarding a plane- it takes a very long time to get there. Maybe another time...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, pompeii said:

I find it hard to believe anyone could afford to pay for a cruise and then object to paying for a test. It would be like objecting to paying for a visa 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, memoak said:

I find it hard to believe anyone could afford to pay for a cruise and then object to paying for a test. It would be like objecting to paying for a visa 

I think you may have missed the point.  Why should any of us pay for a test when Princess should clarify the wording so there are no doubts in anyones mind what we should do?

Just now, Jemnibabe said:

I think you may have missed the point.  Why should any of us pay for a test when Princess should clarify the wording so there are no doubts in anyones mind what we should do?

Like I keep saying I urge everyone to look at specifics for their individual cruise and not look at general guidelines. In the personalizer for my Panama Canal cruise if I click on important notices it tells me exactly who needs a test and what kind it has to be. Same information shows up if I enter my voyage number in the health tool. Also be prepared for changes at any time. People who complain about changes based on changes made by particular ports are being unrealistic 

6 minutes ago, memoak said:

Like I keep saying I urge everyone to look at specifics for their individual cruise and not look at general guidelines. In the personalizer for my Panama Canal cruise if I click on important notices it tells me exactly who needs a test and what kind it has to be. Same information shows up if I enter my voyage number in the health tool. Also be prepared for changes at any time. People who complain about changes based on changes made by particular ports are being unrealistic 

And I keep telling you, for our Enhanced Voyage in March, it is NOT there

8 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

Says it's too early

I have a cruise in March and mine does show. They may be waiting to see if a particular port or country makes changes.  On mine Colombia changed their rules and now I am seeing people who are unvaccinated being very upset that they need a medically supervised test and are somehow blaming Princess 

27 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have a cruise in March and mine does show. They may be waiting to see if a particular port or country makes changes.  On mine Colombia changed their rules and now I am seeing people who are unvaccinated being very upset that they need a medically supervised test and are somehow blaming Princess 

It does qive directions on taking a photo of test results along with passport for your self-administered test.  Why the instructions if they arern't legal?

51 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

It does qive directions on taking a photo of test results along with passport for your self-administered test.  Why the instructions if they arern't legal?

Not on the health tool or the personalizer for a cruise going to Colombia