Food and dining on P&O ships

Tablelamp

3 minutes ago, stephenSJ said:

On Ventura if you are on a saver fare and given fixed time dining can you change to anytime dining on the ship?

Depends on availability, you would have to ask on board. If you want to choose dining preference you need to pay select fare (even then it is not guaranteed, but I've always got what I requested).

44 minutes ago, stephenSJ said:

On Ventura if you are on a saver fare and given fixed time dining can you change to anytime dining on the ship?

I'm hope we get Club dining I really don't like flexible dining, so hopefully there may be some flexibility if we ask. 

Edited by Scots Couple
spelling

We leave on Arvia on September 17. I am now able to book Epicurian dining but I have to pay the full amount now. I understood if I booked now I would only need to pay 10% now and use my onboard spending for the rest. Does anyone else have this problem?

2 hours ago, Saddler7 said:

We leave on Arvia on September 17. I am now able to book Epicurian dining but I have to pay the full amount now. I understood if I booked now I would only need to pay 10% now and use my onboard spending for the rest. Does anyone else have this problem?

I understand if you book in advance you get a 10% discount on the cost, but have to then pay that amount. That was certainly the case when we were on Ventura recently. You can only use OBS to pay if you book onboard.

Edited by SeaJane
Spelling
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Saddler7 said:

It is Sindhu where you pay a small upfront, charge,  I think its £10, which is then credited against your final bill, plus you get a discount on each item, not sure if its 10% or 20%.

20 hours ago, Saddler7 said:

As @terrierjohn writes, it is Sindhu where you pay a small advance fee of £10 per person, and get 20% off food when you order. That also applies to Green & Co, and any other a la carte restaurants that are available to pre-book; with the exception of Beach House, which drops to £7.50.

For Epicurean you pay the full amount of £24 per person upfront; if you booked onboard it would be £30.

The 20% pre-booking discount also applies to the Limelight Club.

If you are eligible for it, you can also use your Peninsular discount to save a couple of quid more on pre-bookings.

1 minute ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Yes - I booked some this morning for Brittania. £7.50 pp for the Beach House and £20 for the Limelight Club less Peninsular discount.

Great, thanks. I saw the prices on the booking page but it didn't make it obvious that these were pre-cruise discounted prices (well, not to me, anyway).

2 hours ago, tyke2 said:

Great, thanks. I saw the prices on the booking page but it didn't make it obvious that these were pre-cruise discounted prices (well, not to me, anyway).

I get the impression with a lot of cruise related things you find out by experience!😎

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 3:59 PM, SeaJane said:

I understand if you book in advance you get a 10% discount on the cost, but have to then pay that amount. That was certainly the case when we were on Ventura recently. You can only use OBS to pay if you book onboard.

If you book Epicurean in advance you get 20% and also Peninsular Club discount do £30pp ended up being £21-60pp. In Sindhu you pay £10pp then once onboard you order whatever you want differing prices for items then at the end they take £10 off your bill and also deduct 20% for booking in advance and then Peninsular Club discount. Both excellent and great value for money on Arvia last week.

• Like 3

I've booked a P&O cruise for next April and as I don't drink I won't be getting any of the drinks packages.

As the meals in the main dining rooms are included I just wondered what drinks are available with your meal as only wine (extra charge) seems to be listed on the menus. 

13 minutes ago, MDav123 said:

I've booked a P&O cruise for next April and as I don't drink I won't be getting any of the drinks packages.

As the meals in the main dining rooms are included I just wondered what drinks are available with your meal as only wine (extra charge) seems to be listed on the menus. 

In the evenings water and tea or coffee are the only drinks offered with dinner.

39 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

In the evenings water and tea or coffee are the only drinks offered with dinner.

12 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

We’ve often had non-alcoholic drinks served. Also sometimes walk in with a drink purchased before dinner, 

The only drinks offered free of payment are water with the meal, tea and coffee afterwards. The diner is always at liberty to take a pre-purchased drink to the table, or to order one from their table steward.

59 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

We’ve often had non-alcoholic drinks served. Also sometimes walk in with a drink purchased before dinner, 

You can have anything alcoholic and non alcoholic as long as you put base them but think Op of thread was asking about inclusive drinks.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, FredaFlinstone said:

I'm on Arcadia 23rd November with friends. 2 in each cabin. If I am able to book restaurants can I do it for all 4 of us or do I need to do 2 bookings like I did with the excursions?

Sorry if it seems daft question

Thanks

You can book a table for 4 against your cabin. We recently returned from Iona and there were 6 of us in 3 cabins. I made all the bookings for the 6 of us. 

• Thanks 2

On 9/4/2023 at 3:21 AM, FangedRose said:

Depends on availability, you would have to ask on board. If you want to choose dining preference you need to pay select fare (even then it is not guaranteed, but I've always got what I requested).

I just got off the Azura and we just showed up at the restaurant on deck 5 between 6:30-7 and never had to wait.

• Like 1