Encore is at dock in Taino bay today!

Slk1z

6 minutes ago, Slk1z said:

Its true!  Encore is docked at Taino Bay DR..

Hopefully this will continue

Cool. The world's largest cruise ships dock there, other than the "Escape incident", there is no reason NCL should not.  

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

Great news, thanks for sharing!  We'll be on that ship in the same port in 2 weeks and are really hoping it will be in Taino Bay instead of Amber Cove.  Our plan for the day is to just explore Puerto Plata instead of doing an excursion so that will make things much more convenient to be docked there.

10 minutes ago, kdmbluerzr said:

Interesting,  the cruisemapper webstie shows Encore docked at Ward Cove and Dawn docked at Taino Bay. So who knows. 

I'm not sure what you are looking at, but here's a screenshot from cruisemapper earlier this morning showing the Dawn at Amber Cove and the Encore at Taino Bay.  (Looking at cruisemapper now, it also shows that the Celebrity Constellation is docked at Taino Bay as well.)

00-m8Z7QgQNSN1pSiWVw3FAIG1nv5s5FgYR4GzGtunnUQb6ln1sNgn7CMR9KRZ_KJ3BaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1674221180

I hope the encore will dock at Taino Bay next week vs. Amber cove. We are on virgin valiant lady now and our first stop this week was Taino Bay,  loved it! Of course, we were only ship there and we have less than 900 cruisers on board so it was relaxing and quiet.

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The passengers will wake up with a big shock to be in Alaska (Ketchikan) Ward Cove. 

The itinerary on the app showed Charlottetown, Canada as one of the stops this week.  Not sure how we were supposed to get to Tortola for the next day.

Screenshot_20230115-170437.png

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Paul_TO said:

The itinerary on the app showed Charlottetown, Canada as one of the stops this week.  Not sure how we were supposed to get to Tortola for the next day.

Screenshot_20230115-170437.png

I think the new Captain brought transporter technology with him

The 12 Best Star Trek Episodes for Celebrating Captain Picard's Return

• Haha 2

On 1/20/2023 at 2:31 PM, goldmom said:

Is there a fee to use the pool, chairs and umbrellas in Taino Bay?

On my 12/07/2022 visit there was no fee for using the pool/chair(s)/umbrella(s). 

Not sure if there's a fee to use the large pool floaties. 

Food/beverages not included. 

The music was too loud for my liking. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

It now looks like the Dawn along with the Gem will now be docking in Taino Bay on Jan 31, with the option of the Dawn also docking in Amber Cove! 😂

https://www.porttainobay.com/en/arrivals

https://ambercove.com/Port-Schedule.aspx

The important thing to realize is that these are sites maintained by the local tourism folks, not the port authority. And everyone needs to treat them has "only somewhat reliable" 

• Like 1