Umbrellas?

miller1327

12 minutes ago, miller1327 said:

The long-range weather forecast for our cruise looks like we'll see some rainy days. Are the Viking Ocean cabins equipped with umbrellas or do we need to bring our own? 

Yes there will be a large one in your closet. Sometimes they also have them on the gangway. 

• Like 1

I'd underline Clay's "large" point, above...the umbrellas are really big.  Which is great in some cases, but can be a little much in others.  We compromise by bringing two smaller collapsible umbrellas, which are much easier for me to handle if the large ones aren't needed.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Yes there will be a large one in your closet. Sometimes they also have them on the gangway. 

Maybe there will be one in your stateroom closet.  There sure isn't one in mine right now.

Along with them only providing only one coffee cup....and a whole lot of other cutbacks (to be detailed later).

12 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Maybe there will be one in your stateroom closet.  There sure isn't one in mine right now.

Along with them only providing only one coffee cup....and a whole lot of other cutbacks (to be detailed later).

Tell your room steward. I wouldn’t call these cutbacks. Your previous cruiser might have taken them. But I am interested in the other cutbacks….

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Squawkman said:

Tell your room steward. I wouldn’t call these cutbacks. Your previous cruiser might have taken them. But I am interested in the other cutbacks….

If nothing else, it's a service cutback.  There should be a stateroom checklist - are all items there when the room is released to a guest.  Or is it that items have now become "optional" and provided only if the guest complains?  What is the way a luxury provider would operate?

And FWIW....do you know of anyone who uses a suitcase that can fit a full-sized golf umbrella?  How'd that prior guest "take it"?

4 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

And FWIW....do you know of anyone who uses a suitcase that can fit a full-sized golf umbrella?  How'd that prior guest "take it"?

Prior guest could have taken umbrella from the room and left it on the bus during an excursion.

Edited by Moonlion
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

If nothing else, it's a service cutback.  There should be a stateroom checklist - are all items there when the room is released to a guest.  Or is it that items have now become "optional" and provided only if the guest complains?  What is the way a luxury provider would operate?

I don’t want to continue this argument as you have been very helpful to me re: air issues - but I doubt the intent is to only provide included amenities when the guest asks for them. Still interested in your other observations. We have been on 4 Viking cruises post Covid (2 ocean and 2 river) and haven’t experienced anything we’d call a service cutback.

• Like 2

Happy you are now on a Viking cruise. Look forward to your posts. Just ask your room steward for anything you need . Unpack, go have a drink and enjoy your dinner and your first evening on board . I am envious. 
I have to wait to June …

Edited by Azulann
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

My suggestion: Use the time that you’re spending on this thread to contact Guest Services and request an umbrella. That way you’ll have the umbrella and you won’t be sweating the small stuff.

• Like 4