Dining attire for an Alaska Cruise

Alex618

12 minutes ago, Alex618 said:

I know jeans with out holes are acceptable, is there any night on a 7 day cruise that jean would not be in good taste.  Trying to figure out packing.  Thanks!

Jeans are acceptable any night of the cruise no matter the itinerary. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/onboard-dress-code

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 4

Agreed with all the above.  The only difference on chic nights for me was to wear a button down rather than a polo--but even that was dressier than most.  It's all very casual (and for the record, I saw many 'stylishly' ripped/torn jeans on board).

• Like 1

Even though we live in Alaska we did Alaska itineraries since an Alaska cruise gives us an excuse to visit a very different part of our very large state.  

Dress on an Alaska itinerary, as far as I can tell on any cruise line, is definitely more casual.  But I generally wear slacks in the evening.  Only so many nights I can tolerate wearing jeans.  And on the "chic" nights there may be some women wearing cocktail dresses and men with suit jackets they will be the minority.

5 hours ago, Alex618 said:

I know jeans with out holes are acceptable, is there any night on a 7 day cruise that jean would not be in good taste.  Trying to figure out packing.  Thanks!

We book suites and I wear gray jeans every night in Luminae.

10 hours ago, Dancing Shoes said:

Hubby and I wore jeans to dinner, except on chic nights.  You can wear them every night and be fine.  We wanted to dress up a bit.  

Thanks, I am really asking for my husband.  I have really never liked jeans.  I will take different leggings, and sweater tunics.  I can dress these up or down.  We cruise Alaska in 2009, but I can’t remember what I took because it was a trans pacific sailing.

On 1/23/2023 at 10:29 AM, Alex618 said:

Edited by horseymike

On 1/23/2023 at 10:29 AM, Alex618 said:

Edited by horseymike

4 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Summer 2022.  I saw people wearing everything in the MDR…

shorts, jeans, sequins, flip flops, pajamas, bathing suits, hats, etc.  there is no dress code!  You can wear anything. That includes chic night.  For Alaska, jeans are a good choice.

So can I wear a ripped tshirt with my ripped jeans?  😁

10 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Summer 2022.  I saw people wearing everything in the MDR…

shorts, jeans, sequins, flip flops, pajamas, bathing suits, hats, etc.  there is no dress code!  You can wear anything. That includes chic night.  For Alaska, jeans are a good choice.

Hot pants and halter tops. 🤣

You can absolutely wear jeans in the MDR on your Alaskan cruise. No one will care one way or the other.

However, I will say that on my Alaskan cruise last summer, I saw an equal amount of nice slacks and casual tops as I did jeans during the evenings. Maybe because it was Holland and an older crowd?

Or maybe people just wanted out  of their rain soaked jeans that they wore that day.