YC "Personalization" E-mail

Av8tor

We sail on our 1st MSC cruise in 6 days and just received e-mails saying we can "personalize" our YC cruise experience(s).  Coice of newspaper, pillow & in-cabin bottle of spirits ...

A few questions for those that have YC experience:

1)  Did your YC butler get those preferences and actually fulfill them?

2)  Choice of "spirits" that are listed are not what I'd prefer.  If I don't send in the Preference form, can I ask for (and actually get) a different bottle of booze (say Canadian Club instead of Jack Daniels) once I'm on board?

3) My wife & I both got the e-mails.  Does that mean we each get to chose a bottle of "spirits"? (We both matched to Diamond if that matters)

4)  What pillow type(s) will be on the bed if we don't submit the preference form?

Thanks

Edited by Av8tor

Hi, only 1 bottle (Litre) per room, they may not have Canadian Club so pick a choice and ask to swap on board.

Pillows ask on board if what is there doesn't suit you

YC Butlers and their assistant butlers are very efficient (usually)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Av8tor said:

We sail on our 1st MSC cruise in 6 days and just received e-mails saying we can "personalize" our YC cruise experience(s).  Coice of newspaper, pillow & in-cabin bottle of spirits ...

1)  Did your YC butler get those preferences and actually fulfill them? It's  hit or miss

2)  Choice of "spirits" that are listed are not what I'd prefer.  If I don't send in the Preference form, can I ask for (and actually get) a different bottle of booze (say Canadian Club instead of Jack Daniels) once I'm on board?  Nope, you get what is listed.  NO substitutions.

3) My wife & I both got the e-mails.  Does that mean we each get to chose a bottle of "spirits"? (We both matched to Diamond if that matters)  No, it's a YC perk, not Voyager's Club

4)  What pillow type(s) will be on the bed if we don't submit the preference form?  They rarely have any of the specialty pillows so you will get "good old normal pillows :)"

Thanks

At the port, they verified our newspaper choice -- so clearly someone did receive our answers.

Our butler asked us the questions about our bottle of alcohol when he introduced himself, so perhaps he did not receive the email (or received so many that it was easier to ask again). We asked for a bottle of liquor and a bottle of wine. He brought both, though he said that it was not the norm. We figured that the wine was an easy add-on for him, because it might save him from having to bring a few glasses to our cabin during the cruise.

The butler did not ask about the pillows so we brought it up to him at the same time as the bottle discussion. We had chosen a special extra firm pillow choice on a previous YC cruise and loved them -- so much so that we tried to find them to purchase for our home. That was an important "selection" to us so we asked him. Not sure if he would have brought it up  eventually.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GPPhilly said:

We have never in all of our YC cruises actually had the requested stuff in the room when we arrived.  I just print out a list and give it to the butler the first day.  

Same here.  I keep a file called "YC requests" and update it and hand it to our butler on day 1.  I have found that they prefer it if is very small (printed on approx 1/4 of a standard sized page); that way they can tuck it in their pocket.

Is there wine on the list? I don't really see us mixing a cocktail in our room when we can have it delivered. 

Is this what they do on all ships now? 

Silly question, but are there still those little cans of nuts in the mini-bar?

2 hours ago, jules815 said:

Is there wine on the list? I don't really see us mixing a cocktail in our room when we can have it delivered. 

Is this what they do on all ships now? 

Silly question, but are there still those little cans of nuts in the mini-bar?

We got off the meraviglia on Sunday. There was a jar of mixed nuts in the mini bar. They generally had them available in the top sail lounge as well. There was peanuts, almonds and hazelnuts there at different times. See below for the wines that were offered in our email before sailing. 

0F9BFBF5-2436-4452-921F-599C788F95AA.thumb.jpeg.3443fba548855f83e3171720698813ef.jpeg
63CEEE46-B80C-4E1A-97C0-CB3609B245FC.thumb.jpeg.6f78cb989107b98e7bd36a4c5690eefc.jpeg

Edited by WeCruise5
  • Like 1

I'm sure i've seen some before, but since we leave on Friday, anyone care to share a few of their requests?  Last time I only asked for coffee in the mornings. This time I'm upping my game and asking for Bailey's along with my coffee.  I think I was OK with the pillows on the last ship, but it's always hard to know what you'll get.

21 minutes ago, mnpurple said:

I'm sure i've seen some before, but since we leave on Friday, anyone care to share a few of their requests?  Last time I only asked for coffee in the mornings. This time I'm upping my game and asking for Bailey's along with my coffee.  I think I was OK with the pillows on the last ship, but it's always hard to know what you'll get.

We were on the Meraviglia in October. I had two cappuccinos with Bailey’s delivered to our cabin each morning. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mnpurple said:

This time I'm upping my game and asking for Bailey's along with my coffee.

We're also on Divina in YC on Friday, MN. We always ask for coffee and Bailey's. Both on Divina in October and our last pre-pandemic cruise on Fantasia, our butler put the Bailey's in the fridge the night before and brought the coffee in the morning. (The Bailey's would be in a glass with a plastic wrap covering.)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mnpurple said:

I’d love to see this, too! We are going YC on the Seascape in April, and this will be our first MSC cruise, and our first cruise with any type of “butler” service, so we can’t wait to see what it’s like!

You can also ask for specific afternoon treats -- so ask for maybe a cheese plate and red wine if you're getting back from a tour and want something savory. Or if you had something in the Top Sail Lounge on a previous day that you really liked, you could ask for that in the room. Sometimes the hardest part is deciding to what to ask for since they will bring you virtually anything! 🙂

• Like 4

On 1/24/2023 at 11:33 AM, Morgsmom said:

Same here.  I keep a file called "YC requests" and update it and hand it to our butler on day 1.  I have found that they prefer it if is very small (printed on approx 1/4 of a standard sized page); that way they can tuck it in their pocket.

What do you usually ask for?  I can't think of anything I would like beyond the room service breakfast card a few times.

4 minutes ago, shellyd1 said:

What do you usually ask for?  I can't think of anything I would like beyond the room service breakfast card a few times.

We don’t consistently get the pre boarding email so my (small) list includes notes of a food allergy. (I don’t want to come back to a surprise treat that I’m allergic to!) Then indicates requested bottle of booze, newspaper and pillow choice. It also lists a standing order of camomile tea at night.  That’s all. 

Edited by Morgsmom
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

We don’t consistently get the pre boarding email so my (small) list includes notes of a food allergy. (I don’t want to come back to a surprise treat that I’m allergic to!) Then indicates requested bottle of booze, newspaper and pillow choice. It also lists a standing order of camomile tea at night.  That’s all. 

I've never gotten a pre-boarding email from the MSC concierge like we have in the past with RC. I did however get a call today from an MSC cruise concierge asking if I needed any assistance with our upcoming cruises. Strange, because they were booked a few weeks ago and we don't sail until September.

On 1/24/2023 at 1:42 PM, WeCruise5 said:

We got off the meraviglia on Sunday. There was a jar of mixed nuts in the mini bar. They generally had them available in the top sail lounge as well. There was peanuts, almonds and hazelnuts there at different times. See below for the wines that were offered in our email before sailing. 

0F9BFBF5-2436-4452-921F-599C788F95AA.thumb.jpeg.3443fba548855f83e3171720698813ef.jpeg
63CEEE46-B80C-4E1A-97C0-CB3609B245FC.thumb.jpeg.6f78cb989107b98e7bd36a4c5690eefc.jpeg

We can get tickets via web check in but boarding passes keeps telling us we have to do health and privacy which we've done several times.  How about you?

8 hours ago, dexddd said:

We can get tickets via web check in but boarding passes keeps telling us we have to do health and privacy which we've done several times.  How about you?

Your boarding passes will be in the email from msc-tickets.no-reply@… starting on page 3 of that document. They are labeled embarkation form. I filled out that health and privacy multiple times as well. I think that the button on the bottom of their website is just messed up and takes you to that message each time you click for boarding passes. 

The only other documents we received were from msc-booking.no-reply@… and this was just my booking confirmation with pricing and itinerary. 

Enjoying reading this thread and seeing all of your tips/tricks.

This will be our second MSC cruise and first in the YC so I'm taking notes (don't cruise till November)

Glad  we are not the only folks that go for a 'Bailey's Service'

Love that we can request an afternoon snack/beverage in our cabin as well as hot tea at night. One of my favorite things about cruising is just relaxing on the balcony listening to the ocean

I do have question, can anyone tell me if they have Chai Tea available?  (this is my husbands go to beverage and I'm trying to see if they have it or if we can somehow sneak it on so that its there)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KittyCruz said:

Enjoying reading this thread and seeing all of your tips/tricks.

This will be our second MSC cruise and first in the YC so I'm taking notes (don't cruise till November)

Glad  we are not the only folks that go for a 'Bailey's Service'

Love that we can request an afternoon snack/beverage in our cabin as well as hot tea at night. One of my favorite things about cruising is just relaxing on the balcony listening to the ocean

I do have question, can anyone tell me if they have Chai Tea available?  (this is my husbands go to beverage and I'm trying to see if they have it or if we can somehow sneak it on so that its there)

Recently, I requested an early evening glass of champagne in the room while I got ready to ‘go out’ each evening. Husband had a red wine.

Also, I always take a box of my favourite ‘Lady Grey’ tea wherever I go on holiday. I don’t mind an occasional Earl Grey but prefer the gentler tasting Lady Grey!

I don’t think you need to feel you are ‘sneaking’ it aboard!

I can’t remember Chai being onboard, so could be wise to take a box.

• Thanks 1

On 1/23/2023 at 11:21 PM, Av8tor said:

1)  Did your YC butler get those preferences and actually fulfill them?

2)  Choice of "spirits" that are listed are not what I'd prefer.  If I don't send in the Preference form, can I ask for (and actually get) a different bottle of booze (say Canadian Club instead of Jack Daniels) once I'm on board?

3) My wife & I both got the e-mails.  Does that mean we each get to chose a bottle of "spirits"? (We both matched to Diamond if that matters)

4)  What pillow type(s) will be on the bed if we don't submit the preference form?

Thanks

You can't be serious...LOL Come on