Cash Back on Credit Card

cruzfiend

Lots of cards have bonus rebates for travel but you need to check that they do. US Costco Visa gives 3% back on all travel. But Citi dropped the free travel insurance that used to come on that card so we have now switched to using cards with good free travel insurance like many Chase cards, several of which include travel bonuses.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruzfiend said:

Does anyone know if there is a cash back offer for paying your cruise off with a specific credit card? Thanks

I don't know what age group you are in but you'll do much better than what any credit card does by purchasing AARP gift cards.  10% off right up front!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I just paid off an entire cruise using GCs (with the exception of the deposit).

Same here.  10% across the board.  And if AARP is not an option, "CardCash" has Princess GCs at 5.5% off. Occasionally the discount varies, but it is almost always 5.5% off.  $472.50 for a $500 card.

Big box gives me a big box gift card at the end of every cruise, depending on how much the cruise cost - and I use the big box credit card to pay for the cruise and get a nice cash back bonus there every year.  Big box returns to its members the commission paid by the cruise line to TAs as the gift card.

You gotta play the game to win, otherwise you're just leaving money on the cruise line's table.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Big box gives me a big box gift card at the end of every cruise, depending on how much the cruise cost - and I use the big box credit card to pay for the cruise and get a nice cash back bonus there every year.  Big box returns to its members the commission paid by the cruise line to TAs as the gift card.

You gotta play the game to win, otherwise you're just leaving money on the cruise line's table.

And if you're a big box Executive Member you get another 2% back each year 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I don't know what age group you are in but you'll do much better than what any credit card does by purchasing AARP gift cards.  10% off right up front!

Anyone of any age can sign up for the AARP rewards to get the Princess gift cards at the current time.  
The members only gift cards are the ones that most likely have the age limit.  

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

We did the same last year.  I was able to purchase a computer with my gift cards and also received a generous cash back bonus for purchasing my cruises. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

And that purchase will also earn basic points or miles on the credit card you use to buy them!