Reservations for mdr

tigger54

Another question. We were not able to get early dining on our cruise and don’t eat late. They gave us anytime dining. Can I make reservations to get in the dining room early? 5:00-5:30 works best for us. If I can make reservations how do I go about doing that? Do I call them or wait until I get on the ship. Cruise is in 2 weeks? Where do I go on the ship to do this?

4 minutes ago, tigger54 said:

So I go to the MDR and talk to someone about an early dining time. How many dining rooms does the Nieuw Statendam have? If there is more than one, which one do I go to?

There are two...second floor, and third floor, immediately above one another. Usually second floor is any time dining, so I would start there.

Or you can call from your stateroom phone. The phone lists the number, maybe it’s 88 but the phone list Dining Reservations. They’ll want your stateroom number which will come up on their system showing if you are fixed or open seating. We often requested 5:15, and we’d specify Table for 2. If you’d like to share, you can request that.  You can make Open Dining reservations for 2 or three nights at a time. If, after your first night or two, you like the time, the table, the waiters you might be able to request that for cruise duration. 

You can’t make Open Dining reservations before you get on the ship. m—