Brunch (menu) question

cacruisin

I read in a review that the brunch menu has changed?  I sailed last Spring Break and will be sailing again this Spring Break...if the change is within the last year....what are the changes?  If anyone has a copy of the "new" brunch I'd appreciate it....If its still the same then sorry LOL....TIA

It has indeed changed.  Many items cut (such as chia seed pudding😢) and many items downgraded in quality (such as steak & eggs is no longer a filet mignon, but instead a tough, cheap cut).

Edited by ShakyBeef
close parentheses
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've never been to the brunch.  Lido breakfasts are just fine to me!  I'm usually first at the omelette station (even before the omelette cooker lol) then I enjoy my coffee, people watch and go back for "more stuff."  (oatmeal with brown sugar is a MUST) If I ever decide to go....I've read about the "skillet cake" so many times.  Anyone have an opinion?  Pictures? 

• Like 1

The skillet cake and 12 hour french toast were both a wonderful surprise to my taste buds! If it were available somewhere near me I'd struggle not to be 400 pounds by the end of the year 😄. The omelet was fine but thumbs down to the bagel and lox.

Edited by MsOne

1 hour ago, MissesB4409 said:

Is there a limit on how much you can order? I kind of want it all!! I've never had the brunch before, but I would want to try the parfait, the 12hr french toast and the steak and eggs. Can I order all that?

Of course, you can order anything you want. 

54 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

Okay, now all we need is a graham cracker and a bonfire and we'll be eating s'mores!  24 hour french toast lists roasted peaches.  Details please?  TIA

Google a picture. Its thick french toast that may or may not be fully done with a  peach on top.

Carnival menus aren't rocket science although my wife ordered the parfait 3 times and all 3 times it was made differently than the others.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

Google a picture. Its thick french toast that may or may not be fully done with a  peach on top.

Carnival menus aren't rocket science although my wife ordered the parfait 3 times and all 3 times it was made differently than the others.

Here is photo of 12hr french toast from 2022 Radiance

- don’t order it for the peaches- mine was microscopic. French toast in my opinion was much better than skillet cake.

We also found the orange juice on sea buffet to be much better in quality vs lido. 

7918493D-207F-439F-B764-F958710731B7.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PekingeseLady said:

Of course, you can order anything you want. 

For now. Since Carnival began charging $5 for a third MDR entrée in November they are looking for other ways to trim their food cost. Most of us know how the steak and eggs was degraded to a tough gristle and sinew mess they call strip loin. 

If enough people " order anything they want" at brunch then changes will come all the sooner.

On 1/29/2023 at 3:55 AM, sanmarcosman said:

For now. Since Carnival began charging $5 for a third MDR entrée in November they are looking for other ways to trim their food cost. Most of us know how the steak and eggs was degraded to a tough gristle and sinew mess they call strip loin. 

If enough people " order anything they want" at brunch then changes will come all the sooner.

TY, aware of these changes. Of course when I say order anything you want, 🙄 I mean anything you want to eat or as much. I don't believe I need to tell people not to waste food. 🤪😉

On 1/29/2023 at 6:55 AM, sanmarcosman said:

I think they've already hit seaday brunch with the cutback knife. The menu is a shadow of its former self, and hours are reduced as well.

But at least they brought back the ketchup soup.

Edited by mz-s

17 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Only change I am aware of in the last year is that Steak and Eggs is no longer a filet mignon as it was for so long. 

Don't forget the chia seed pudding.😢  That was very recent.

• Like 2