Please explain Eden Cafe on Apex

time4u2go

No extra charge. It's basically counter service, tell them what item(s) you want, they heat/prepare it, then plate it and hand it to you. Sometimes you're given a pager that buzzes when your food is ready. There are tables nearby, both inside and outside.

Typically it's only open on sea days.

• Thanks 2

Limited menu and was okay IMHO.  They had an area for salads and you tell them what you want.  Tried it once and that was that.  

Oceanview Cafe was like most Oceanview  Cafes on Celebrities ships, but a WOW for the area and spaciousness!

Also a mini Al Bacio (sp?) is embedded within Oceanview  and that too was nice.

Edited by shipshape sam
  • Thanks 1

The Cafe is a separate venue than the Eden restaurant.   It has its own space.  There is no charge for the cafe.   They do offer the safe coffee service as Cafe al Bacio and there is a charge.  There is also free regular coffee and tea like you get in the buffet and etc. 

Look in the daily menu or app.     It isn’t always open and the times are limited.   

The brownies  and cookies are in the top 7 sweet treats on the ship. The cookies are different than what are served at Cafe Al Bacio or the buffet 

if you like sun and can put up with the wind there is seating outside on an open deck. 

We didn’t find the cinnamon roll to be worth the calories but we watched one person scarf down 4 in less than 5 minutes.   It was better than watching the Nathan hot dog eating contest that they have on the 4th of July.  I guess he may have thought they tasted good but I don’t know how he tasted them.  

The menu is shown on the app.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, RichYak said:

No extra charge. It's basically counter service, tell them what item(s) you want, they heat/prepare it, then plate it and hand it to you. Sometimes you're given a pager that buzzes when your food is ready. There are tables nearby, both inside and outside.

Typically it's only open on sea days.

I guess I'm confused then.  This (https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/eat-and-drink/restaurants-and-cafes/eden-restaurant) implies that it's an extra charge.

Hi. The link you provided is for Eden restaurant.  There is a charge there.  The Eden Cafe is different.  I know it is confusing having a cafe and a restaurant with the same name.  The cafe is free.  The restaurant is only open for dinner.  

Edited by Dancing Shoes
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I guess I'm confused then.  This (https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/eat-and-drink/restaurants-and-cafes/eden-restaurant) implies that it's an extra charge.

Eden RESTAURANT is a specialty dining venue with a fee.

Eden CAFE is not & is included. Open breakfast & lunch all sea days; sometimes port days.

They are in the same general area but slightly different spaces.

Edited by KKB
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, miched said:

The Cafe is a separate venue than the Eden restaurant.   It has its own space.  There is no charge for the cafe.   They do offer the safe coffee service as Cafe al Bacio and there is a charge.  There is also free regular coffee and tea like you get in the buffet and etc. 

Look in the daily menu or app.     It isn’t always open and the times are limited.   

The brownies  and cookies are in the top 7 sweet treats on the ship. The cookies are different than what are served at Cafe Al Bacio or the buffet 

if you like sun and can put up with the wind there is seating outside on an open deck. 

We didn’t find the cinnamon roll to be worth the calories but we watched one person scarf down 4 in less than 5 minutes.   It was better than watching the Nathan hot dog eating contest that they have on the 4th of July.  I guess he may have thought they tasted good but I don’t know how he tasted them.  

The menu is shown on the app.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I’m not a huge fan of X’s baked desserts, just find them very bland and therefore not worth the calories.  The exceptions are Eden cafes cookies and brownies.  It’s a shame these more gourmet desserts aren’t offer at cafe al bacio fleetwide

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I’m not a huge fan of X’s baked desserts, just find them very bland and therefore not worth the calories.  The exceptions are Eden cafes cookies and brownies. 

THANKS for that info...Now I have to rethink my caloric plan for my whole upcoming trip!  I can eat a whole pan of brownies if they are the "soft" kind!

8 hours ago, miched said:

...We didn’t find the cinnamon roll to be worth the calories but we watched one person scarf down 4 in less than 5 minutes.   It was better than watching the Nathan hot dog eating contest that they have on the 4th of July.  I guess he may have thought they tasted good but I don’t know how he tasted them.  

That would (will) be me!

• Haha 1

We enjoyed both breakfast and lunch at Eden Cafe.  Never crowded and the choices are different from what is available at other dining locations.  We found that the staff was always around and willing to help bring your plates/drinks/refills to your table. No extra fees either.  Soup and sandwiches were excellent.  It is a nice change a few times each cruise.

6 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I’m not a huge fan of X’s baked desserts, just find them very bland and therefore not worth the calories.  The exceptions are Eden cafes cookies and brownies.  It’s a shame these more gourmet desserts aren’t offer at cafe al bacio fleetwide

Unfortunately , like many other things on X they were better in the past.....

• Like 1

It’s a nice quiet alternative to the sometimes madness of OVC.  The Eden bar is usually open when the Cafe is open at lunchtime so grab a glass of your favorite wine and enjoy a good salad or panini.  I haven’t tried the brownies but after reading this thread I will indulge!

8 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

You need to sail on Virgin then. Their baked goods and sweets put everything on Celebrity to shame. Seriously, they were specialty bakery quality in presentation and taste. Here are my photos from last week on Virgin's Valiant Lady!!!

PXL_20230114_203105450.jpg

PXL_20230116_190040951.jpg

PXL_20230116_144337324 (1).jpg

PXL_20230116_184258814 (1).jpg

PXL_20230117_012501334.jpg

PXL_20230119_142226049.jpg

PXL_20230121_012914719_2.jpg

PXL_20230119_190454137.jpg

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1