Haven Help

Stelkp

Hi-this is my first haven cruise (22 days! Whoo hoo) and I was waiting to hear from the concierge asking about what bottles of alcohol we want in the room (and pillow selection lol).  Should I just email them? And what email do I use? Thank you so much for anyone who has info! 

17 minutes ago, Stelkp said:

Hi-this is my first haven cruise (22 days! Whoo hoo) and I was waiting to hear from the concierge asking about what bottles of alcohol we want in the room (and pillow selection lol).  Should I just email them? And what email do I use? Thank you so much for anyone who has info! 

Do you have an owners suite? Normal Haven Penthouse suites don’t get free bottles of alcohol in the suite. 

Edited by European_CruiseGirl

26 minutes ago, Stelkp said:

Here are the email and phone number.

1-855-625-4283. 

norwegianconciergedesk@ncl.com

I recommend you call since  you're so close to sailing.

Wait times are low. I've never waited more  than a few minutes.

There's a lot more than alcohol and pillows to discuss.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Here are the email and phone number.

1-855-625-4283

norwegianconciergedesk@ncl.com

I recommend you call since  you're so close to sailing.

Wait times are low. I've never waited more  than a few minutes.

There's a lot more than alcohol and pillows to discuss.

Oh ok! Ty yea I think I’m clueless-just looking for a peaceful time lol. 

Use the email above. They respond pretty quick, we have our cruise in the Aft facing Haven suite on the Joy in 69 days. We already emailed just to make sure there are 4 Haven robes and slippers in the cabin. It’s also our daughters first cruise and her friend is cruising with us so asked to have some snacks in the room with lemonade. I will say first time using the precruise concierge and has been great 

1 hour ago, wolft927 said:

Use the email above. They respond pretty quick, we have our cruise in the Aft facing Haven suite on the Joy in 69 days. We already emailed just to make sure there are 4 Haven robes and slippers in the cabin. It’s also our daughters first cruise and her friend is cruising with us so asked to have some snacks in the room with lemonade. I will say first time using the precruise concierge and has been great 

Ooo good one. I just can’t think of things to request lol. Thanks for advice

Don't just ask for "snacks".... ask for the snacks that *you* want! 🙂

One thing about NCL Butler service... those snacks are really what you ask for (or omit what you don't like).

We give the Butler a brief typed letter, in part about food allergies, but also a bit about what snacks we especially enjoy or those that... "please don't bother bringing..."

When in an OS, we asked that they keep the fridge well stocked with certain beverages (not alcoholic), and in fact, leave a few extras on the counter so we could replace them and give them time to cool off.

Don't forget to have meals served in your suite if you'd enjoy that.  It's extra nice for us, anyway, to wake up to the smell of coffee and bacon... Yum.

Don't restrict yourselves to the little room service breakfast menu.  If it's reasonable and they have it, you'll get it.  It helps to put the order out the night before so they can schedule things better.

Enjoy!

GC

• Like 1

Curious re the drink package & the Haven- I thought I saw somewhere that you should get the Plus package to really enjoy the Haven alcohol options is that true? And you get Starbuck "like" coffee? We're thinking about upgrading (not through bid process) and just trying to see what additional costs are involved if we up grade (understand service charge is higher and we'll be tipping Haven personnel in addition) I thought I saw some comment (either in CC or FB) that mentioned the hidden charges of Haven. TIA  

PS we'll be on the Getaway out of NYC in March if that makes a difference

Edited by nmuller328

27 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Call and find out.

They will ask if you want regular or decaf coffee (the default is that both are in the room). And optional pillows. The pre-concierge is worthless. 

They can’t do anything you can’t do yourself. No ability to oversell a restaurant. 

It is far better to meet and build a rapport with your butler and concierge once you are onboard. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chloe173 said:

Such as? I don't care at all about what snacks I get.

I ask for extra hangers.  We also ask for orange juice or iced tea in a pitcher in the fridge.  When you call, they'll go over a standard list with you and that may also inspire some ideas. Enjoy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

They will ask if you want regular or decaf coffee (the default is that both are in the room). And optional pillows. The pre-concierge is worthless. 

They can’t do anything you can’t do yourself. No ability to oversell a restaurant. 

It is far better to meet and build a rapport with your butler and concierge once you are onboard. 

The pre-concierge was able to get me dining reservations that were not available on-line.

You can still contact the pre-concierge and build all the repport with whoever  you want once  you are on board.  It's not an either or thing.

I've had good and bad experiences with the pre-cruise Concierge.  Lately, I have found it to be a very positive experience.  They straightened out a few issues for me.  Also, I gave them my list of things I would like; such as emptying out the mini-bar items, extra ice, pitcher of iced tea, pillows, lap blankets, etc.

For the most part everything was done when I entered the cabin.  The steward and butler both seemed to appreciate that they were able to take care of all my special requests before the other passengers started asking for things in their cabins.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  We were still able to establish a rapport, but it made me feel as if I didn't need to start asking for a lot of things the first instant they saw me.  I did still bring my "southerngary" letter.  LOL!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

The pre-concierge was able to get me dining reservations that were not available on-line.

You can still contact the pre-concierge and build all the repport with whoever  you want once  you are on board.  It's not an either or thing.

Our Butler has sometimes been able to get dining reservations that we weren't able to get on our own.

And when they couldn't, we might ask to have the same meal served to us in our suite.  If it is a $$ restaurant, we still pay of course, but that's no problem and that wasn't the point anyway.

The few things we've done pre-cruise are for Special Needs such as food allergies, or an extra Pack N Play for a grandchild, things that really needed advance planning.

GC

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Our Butler has sometimes been able to get dining reservations that we weren't able to get on our own.

And when they couldn't, we might ask to have the same meal served to us in our suite.  If it is a $$ restaurant, we still pay of course, but that's no problem and that wasn't the point anyway.

The few things we've done pre-cruise are for Special Needs such as food allergies, or an extra Pack N Play for a grandchild, things that really needed advance planning.

GC

I firmly believe in accomplishing as many of the little things prior to boarding. 

Then you can focus on the big things like 'establishing repport with the butler, concierge, and steward.'

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nmuller328 said:

Random question- there isn't a Haven area on the GSC, right?  I know there is the area with the Villas- just wondering if there was an Haven amenities as well. 

Nope, no Haven section. Just the section you have to pay extra to get into.

• Thanks 1

Remember anything you pre arranged bring your reply letter. Haven't had an issue yet just gave the steward a copy and the cabin request for that night were done. Extra pillows (lots need to sleep semi upright), top sheets and egg crate topper for the bed in second bedroom. Plus I need ice at night.

Just got my reply for reservations I couldn't book on line for April.

20 hours ago, nmuller328 said:

Random question- there isn't a Haven area on the GSC, right?  I know there is the area with the Villas- just wondering if there was an Haven amenities as well. 

No haven special area in gsc

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

You might want to check out this Haven thread--has lots of info on it.

Very informative thread- it helped us decide to upgrade to a Haven cabin directly instead of taking a gamble on the upgrade bidding process- we got the cabin we wanted- for pretty much what we think the bid would have been - and it was the last Spa haven cabin - sooo excited. 

• Like 1

Since we are on the subject of the Haven and things provided.... We are booked in a Haven Courtyard Penthouse suite.  I believe I am going to ask them to remove the items from our cabin that are an additional charge.  

We would like to have some Diet Cokes or Diet Pepsis in our fridge and on the counter.  If I am correct, we will be charged for these items.  Is that correct?  Does anyone know how much those would cost us?  I think it would be worth it to me.   Also, do we receive any free cartons of water?

Thanks,

Karen