NCL Prima Haven Pool - No Kids?

JD_JAX

I just saw – for the first time while using the app – that the Haven Sun Deck on Prima is restricted to those older than age 16.

We booked Haven for the whole family and to escape the main pools among many other reasons. Does anyone have better first hand knowledge of kids being able to enjoy the Haven pool on Prima? I am very disappointed I never had access to this details until AFTER booking.

Thanks for any insights.

-Justin

Not sure how much fun your kids will have in the Haven Prima pool though. Shoulder to shoulder adults with cocktails in hand most hours of the day and evening was what we experienced. The only time that we were able to enjoy the pool was when we were in port, most folks on excursions. Something to note also is that when the ship is in port, they fill that Haven pool to the top, so it is really a cool Infinity pool. While cruising, the water is about a foot lower, so not Infinity (spillage maybe?). Also, take lots of sunscreen as there is very little shade to be had on the Haven outdoor decks.

• 6 months later...

Has anyone actually been on the Prima with kids and confirmed that kids are allowed in the pool on 16? I know there’s been a lot of replies, but I’m not seeing anyone who has actually been on the ship and successfully had kids in the pool on the 16th floor. Thanks!

Our family was on the 3/12/23 Prima cruise out of Port Canaveral in a Haven suite.

Our kids, ages 10 and 7 were welcome in the small Haven pool, and they were joined by a number of other kids as well. As other posters suggested, it's probably the dedicated "sun deck" one deck above that is likely adults-only. We did not venture up there.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Just seeing this thread now, a year later.  🙂

We're booked on Aqua next May, and the deck plans do show the "Haven Sundeck" listed on both deck 17 and deck 16, around the pool area. I'd love for our grandkids to be able to at least use the Haven pool, as we're on an itinerary with 2 full sea days, but we do also want to follow rules.

Can anyone confirm firsthand that kids booked in Haven suites are allowed to use the Haven pool?  They will OF COURSE be carefully supervised by responsible adults.

• Haha 1

Sailed in the Haven on the Prima in 2022. The arrangement on Aqua will be similar. The Haven sun deck and pool on deck 16 is open to all ages (and the pool is beautiful). The space on deck 17 with hot tubs is designated as adults only.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 3

call me fussy, but  if im paying to book a cabin in the haven complex, i want ALL the bells and whistles, and that includes my kids if they're sailing with me.

this obviously includes the pool and environs

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mooline said:

We're booked on Aqua next May, and the deck plans do show the "Haven Sundeck" listed on both deck 17 and deck 16, around the pool area. I'd love for our grandkids to be able to at least use the Haven pool, as we're on an itinerary with 2 full sea days, but we do also want to follow rules.

Can anyone confirm firsthand that kids booked in Haven suites are allowed to use the Haven pool?  They will OF COURSE be carefully supervised by responsible adults.

I was on the Prima and children were allowed in the pool but it is small and filled with adults.  Also, it’s only filled when in port.  At sea the pool is filled up about 2 /3rds to the top because as the boat moves it creates big waves. The grandkids may like drifting back and forth. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/22/2023 at 12:53 PM, JGmf said:

Haven pool, regardless of ship, esp during school holidays, is kids fun zone.  It is what it is.

So true.  Its the rich kids swimming pool.  Pool toys all over the place.  The Haven pools are pretty much plunge pools.  No one swims in them because they are too small.  But the kids are small enough they can dive for pool toys and such.   But hey, their parents paid just like the rest of us to use the facilities.  I did read one early review of the Prima that there were kids running in and out of the sauna and jumping in the pool. It got annoying to many of the guests.  But that's another topic because kids will be kids.  Its their parents to blame if they are disturbing people.

The Haven is not built nor supposed to be an adult area.  NCL has always encouraged kids to be in the Haven.

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, mooline said:

You should have ignored this thread. It was much ado about nothing. Sailed Pr1ma in November 2023 and swam in @david_sobe's rich kids pool! It's lovely - it was cold weather so I enjoyed a refreshingly hot soak in the hot tubs (hottest hot tubs I've ever had on NCL), then ran down to the pool. Then some sauna time. Then some ice room time. Your kids can't use the hot tubs. They're on deck 17 and that deck is off limits to the rich kids. 

22 hours ago, mooline said:

Your kids will be fine. They can use the Haven pool deck and pool on Deck 16. The pool usually has lots of kids. Enjoy!