Is Diamond status recognized on the Spectrum of the Seas?

I am considering a cruise on the Spectrum and, from what I have read, they don't recognize Crown and Anchor loyalty status and only suite guests have access to the private lounge. So, is this to say I won't be able to get my free drinks and other perks even though my sea pass card will be marked "Diamond"?

3 minutes ago, loveandcruises said:

I am considering a cruise on the Spectrum and, from what I have read, they don't recognize Crown and Anchor loyalty status and only suite guests have access to the private lounge. So, is this to say I won't be able to get my free drinks and other perks even though my sea pass card will be marked "Diamond"?

Since you are Diamond you have full access to the DL. Diamond doesn't have access to the CL or the SL. You will have all benefits/perks for being a Diamond. 

Edited by davekathy

Just now, loveandcruises said:

So, is this to say I won't be able to get my free drinks and other perks even though my sea pass card will be marked "Diamond"?

The DL should work the same on Spectrum as other ships - the changes you have read about are likely for the Chianese market, where she won't be sailing for some time. 

15 minutes ago, loveandcruises said:

The 4 drinks are any where, any time, even for breakfast. The diamond lounge opens with your sea pass card. Some snacks and tea and coffee in there. Nice conversation. 

I'll try and answer this with as much correct info as I am aware of.

Spectrum of the Seas is a little different to the other Quantum class ships and other ships in the fleet.

It doesn't have a diamond lounge per se.

It has a Gold Lounge / Dining which is for the top tier suites. I believe you have to book a 'Gold' suite to get in there.

The other lounge / dining is the Silver Lounge / Dining room.  This serves as the Diamond Lounge and lounge / dining for Silver suites.  I know for sure that a junior suite is a 'Silver' suite.  That's what we stayed in.  I'm not sure which other suites on Spectrum fall into that category, if any?

The Silver Lounge is sort of a cross between a DL and a Coastal Kitchen combined.

There's the usual lounge area and then adjoining that is the dining area which is a combo of a buffet section and you can also order from a small selection of ala carte. I've been told these selections don't change each day - they're a little like the classic regulars on the main dining menu.

We really liked the buffet selection in there and ate that most of the time.

They don't have appetisers in the Silver lounge part and didn't seem keen on you eating in there.

During dining hours they do have those sort of items on the buffet and were quite happy for you to make up a plate and sit at a table and eat them with pre-dinner drinks if you like.

So, to your specific question.  They definitely recognise Diamond status on the ship and you will get a welcome letter stating your benefits for the cruise. 4 drinks / photo / day of wifi and all else that is usually included.  There was no issue with us getting any of our usual benefits.

They will serve you a drink in the Silver Lounge seating area, using one of your vouchers of course.

Now...we last cruised on Spectrum in June 2022 and it was as above.

I read a recent posting (on the Aus/NZ CC site I think) that access to the Silver Lounge was restricted to the suites and not to Diamonds if you weren't staying in a 'Silver' suite.

I don't know that I believe that but it is of course possible that there has been a change.

Even if it has changed, and I'm not sure it has, I'm sure receiving your Diamond benefits won't be a problem!

Hope that helps : )

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Does Silver Dining Room (not Silver Lounge) have same or different menu as Main Dining for dinner, is it being served? Or is it a buffet all the time? I am confused. 

I am looking at a short cruise from Singapore while in Asia with my mom, celebrating her big birthday. She does not want me to spend money so she insisted on an inside room. I want to treat her to something nicer.  I see some junior suites available for around $400 more on a 4-day cruise. Do you think that's worth the splurge?  Thanks for sharing your experience. 

I also think (based on my upcoming Spectrum cruise) that you only get the suite perks in a junior suite if you book the "Sky junior suite" but not the regular junior suite. 

There's a big price difference; $4300/person for a regular junior suite (where I assume you get double points and a bigger room, but not the special lounge access), and the "Sky junior suite" which is $8800/person. 

I'm looking at J4 junior suite. It's no where near $4300/person. I'm wondering if Silver Dining Room will be much different than main dining room menu. If it is buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner which includes limited selections from menu, then I will not book it because mom does not do well on buffets due to her walking limitation. I'm not Diamond status and don't expect the perks.  

1 hour ago, whattodo said:

I'm looking at J4 junior suite. It's no where near $4300/person. I'm wondering if Silver Dining Room will be much different than main dining room menu. If it is buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner which includes limited selections from menu, then I will not book it because mom does not do well on buffets due to her walking limitation. I'm not Diamond status and don't expect the perks.  

I should have added that I was quoting prices for a 12 day cruise, not a 4 day. Same ship though. Prices on mine are crazy outrageous. $18,000 for 2 people in a sky junior suite. $9,000 for 2 people in a regular junior suite. 

Here's a blog/article about the Junior vs Sky Junior perks. The author is incorrect in his article when he says the Icon will be the first ship with this class system. Spectrum definitely has it as well. 

I don't think you're getting into the silver dining room with a regular junior suite, but it's definitely not worth the extra money (in my opinion) to upgrade to the sky Junior. 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/12/08/new-royal-caribbean-sky-junior-suite-benefits-average-or-epic

I tried to post a link to an article that talks about the difference between a regular junior suite (J1 and J4) and a Sky Junior (JY) but it got blocked, saying it has to be approved by a moderator. I guess they don't like the blog I linked. 

The J4 you're looking at is a regular junior suite. You won't have access to the silver dining room. You'd have to upgrade to the sky Junior (JY), but in my opinion, doesn't seem worth it.  

The prices I mentioned are for a 12 day cruise, not a 4 day, sorry for the confusion. $18,000 for 2 people for a silver dining room and some private hot tubs does not seem worth it. I guess you also get free Internet and access to coastal kitchen just like the full suites, but seriously, for $18,000? No thank you. 

For your extra $400 you would get double points and a larger room. That's it. You won't get any special treatment for being in a regular junior suite on Spectrum. Depending on what the cost of your inside room is, $400 might be worth it, or it might not. For me, if the junior suite was $400 more than my balcony, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but the junior suite is thousands of dollars more, and the sky Junior, 10's of thousands more. It really depends on what your starting price  is and whether double points is worth it (for a 4 day cruise, double points doesn't get you much)

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, whattodo said:

Does Silver Dining Room (not Silver Lounge) have same or different menu as Main Dining for dinner, is it being served? Or is it a buffet all the time? I am confused. 

I am looking at a short cruise from Singapore while in Asia with my mom, celebrating her big birthday. She does not want me to spend money so she insisted on an inside room. I want to treat her to something nicer.  I see some junior suites available for around $400 more on a 4-day cruise. Do you think that's worth the splurge?  Thanks for sharing your experience. 

Silver Dining offers a fixed menu for dinner that does not change from day to day, in then morning and afternoon, there is a small section for buffet/snacks, but not a very large selection from what I've heard. 

Be aware that upgrading to a JS doesn't mean you have silver perks as mentioned by others. Only Silver Junior Suites have (SJS). Alternatively, if you are Diamond status, the Silver Dining is the lounge for Diamond members as well.

I will be on Spectrum the day after tmr and can do a live report/check in on silver dining for you if you'd find it helpful. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ethanol95, 

Please post menus and food pictures of Silver Dining Room if you have time. Appreciate it! Thank you. 

Sorry OP for hijacking your thread. 

Here it is. The same for all 4 nights of the sailing. 

328096248_1241612293092184_5269955918034957729_n.jpg

327774184_1239014613361343_5201821692447245164_n.jpg

327634514_926129771882104_546032435495723369_n.jpg

327892962_568535215166154_3705362614582718862_n.jpg

328261788_3121603531433581_2999181374568335665_n.jpg

328292331_717258529949060_3968537528927927102_n.jpg

On 1/31/2023 at 11:18 AM, ARandomTraveler said:

I also think (based on my upcoming Spectrum cruise) that you only get the suite perks in a junior suite if you book the "Sky junior suite" but not the regular junior suite. 

There's a big price difference; $4300/person for a regular junior suite (where I assume you get double points and a bigger room, but not the special lounge access), and the "Sky junior suite" which is $8800/person. 

22 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Silver Dining offers a fixed menu for dinner that does not change from day to day, in then morning and afternoon, there is a small section for buffet/snacks, but not a very large selection from what I've heard. 

Be aware that upgrading to a JS doesn't mean you have silver perks as mentioned by others. Only Silver Junior Suites have (SJS). Alternatively, if you are Diamond status, the Silver Dining is the lounge for Diamond members as well.

I will be on Spectrum the day after tmr and can do a live report/check in on silver dining for you if you'd find it helpful. 

Thank you both for your clarification and I do apologise if my post was confusing to anyone.

I checked back on our invoice and we booked a Silver Junior suite so we had full access with that.

We are Diamond so we also had access to the Silver Dining Room when I booked an inside cabin on a previous trip.

It was really worth it to us to have access to that dining room but everyone's different on what they prefer.  We tried the main dining room one night just because I said we should at least try it but it wasn't great.  Service was pretty bad and food was just ok.  That was just after their restart though so it could be down to that, things may obviously have improved a lot a few months on.

I really don't know if we paid more at the time for the Silver suite - I only booked that one last minute, about 3 weeks out, and can't recall if there was several options.

To me the seperate dining room is worth it but I don't know what my limit on how much $$ I would pay for it would be.

On 1/31/2023 at 12:06 PM, whattodo said:

Not sure if we made it in there for B/F (don't think we did) but it's definitely mainly buffet for lunch and dinner, we really liked it but it may not be suitable for you and your mum in that case.

Best of luck whatever you decide and have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1