Does CuriseNext credit cover Tips or Internet package?

news70

Chief, I believe you and everyone else who has said so.  I’m not a conspiracy kook who believes there is a wicked cabal plotting to lure me into buying certificates that I can’t use.  I just keep reading the TCs and call me stupid but I am warped in that I think terms and conditions in their blunt legalese mean what they say.  Silly me. 
if I can find enough neurons to figure out to post the link to the CruiseNext page I will post it.

2 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

This is quite enlightening, inthat in all my years of using CN cents I have never been able to use them for anything other than once during a promo a few years back.  It’s always so delightful when NCL disregards their TCs with random impunity.

Having said that I usually book an IN and use WP to upgrade to BA.   At times I receive the perks assigned to the original category, but more often than not I receive the BA perks.  Go figger.

I've never not been able to use CNs on existing reservations, been doing it for years.  I've even been onboard and had the CN folks look at all my reservations to make sure I'd applied as many as possible if there's a special at the time.

As far as I know, you should receive BA perks (additional FAS meal) if you upgrade using points but your meal perks don't change if you get a bid upgrade.

13 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Chief, I believe you and everyone else who has said so.  I’m not a conspiracy kook who believes there is a wicked cabal plotting to lure me into buying certificates that I can’t use.  I just keep reading the TCs and call me stupid but I am warped in that I think terms and conditions in their blunt legalese mean what they say.  Silly me. 
if I can find enough neurons to figure out to post the link to the CruiseNext page I will post it.

Just keep in mind that you always have the option to rebook (US bookings) until final payment, so any existing reservation can be made "new" if the new terms are better.  Much less complicated for everyone involved to just override a policy if it benefits the consumer.

Or perhaps their definition of "new" simply means not past final payment.

In any event, it's allowed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PATRLR said:

Actually, this is dependent on the state you are in.  I'm pretty sure in CT, for example, 2 for 1 means you can buy 1 for 50% off.  I have shopped in other states (out west, maybe Utah?) where you had to buy both to get the deal.

And other countries do exist. 🙂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

That's the way it works in every grocery store I've ever been in and I've checked groceries in several places.   And, no, if someone has to be duplicious to sell their product, CN, then I'm not buying.

You’ve really been showing those evil marketing guys what’s what by insisting on paying more than you need to for your cruises. 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, julig22 said:

I've never not been able to use CNs on existing reservations, been doing it for years.  I've even been onboard and had the CN folks look at all my reservations to make sure I'd applied as many as possible if there's a special at the time.

As far as I know, you should receive BA perks (additional FAS meal) if you upgrade using points but your meal perks don't change if you get a bid upgrade.

you will get an extra meal if you upgrade from inside to balcony from a bid.  you'll be charged the increased gratuities when your winning bid is processed.  This is not considered as getting a new perk, and the dining package is the perk and you already have that.

• Thanks 1

On NCL in a few weeks, I’ve never bought the cruise next certificates before.If I purchase on this cruise how long do you get to apply them on a future booking? We are from the UK if that makes a difference.

1 hour ago, di T said:

On NCL in a few weeks, I’ve never bought the cruise next certificates before.If I purchase on this cruise how long do you get to apply them on a future booking? We are from the UK if that makes a difference.

CND's are valid for 4 years from purchase.  They SAY "book and sail within 4 years", but as long as you book before 4 years they will often do a one-time extension up to a year to cover the sailing.

11 minutes ago, hallux said:

CND's are valid for 4 years from purchase.  They SAY "book and sail within 4 years", but as long as you book before 4 years they will often do a one-time extension up to a year to cover the sailing.

That’s good news as have a number of cruises booked with other lines in the next 12 months! Think it might be worth purchasing one or two while on board. Thanks for the quick response

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2023 at 4:05 PM, julig22 said:

Currently it's any room.  They have it posted differently, depending on which site you view. CN site says any, promo site says balcony & above.

I have been told so many wrong things by NCL reps in the past. So when I was on the Gem at the CruiseNext desk, I pointed out it was balcony and above. I showed it on my phone to the rep. She then searched some site she had access to and showed me it was all cabins. They are doing themselves no favors by not showing the actual (better) promo on the main website.

Is there a public site from NCL with "insider" info I can use to cross reference and double check? Carnival, Royal, and Celebrity have websites that I publicly access for some additional information that can include promos not on their main sites. 

On 2/5/2023 at 11:51 AM, MagnoliaBlossom said:

In all reality there is no OBC available tor pay for anything.  You buy twp $250 certificates for $250 each and they charge those to yoru account.  Then then apply one $250 credit which basically gives you a buy one get oen free deal, byt there is nothing at all to apply to anytjing.

Edited by ICutTheCheese

On 2/1/2023 at 6:31 PM, BirdTravels said:

Incorrect.

The OP is asking about using their Cruise Next OBC to cover their Daily Service Charges. So, yes, there is a gratuity that could be covered and so could the internet package. The correct answer is that the cruise next OBC actually offsets the cost of the certificates, so there is no OBC left to apply to anything. 

Except FSC is NOT a tip/gratuity.

6 hours ago, ICutTheCheese said:

In all reality there is no OBC available tor pay for anything.  You buy twp $250 certificates for $250 each and they charge those to yoru account.  Then then apply one $250 credit which basically gives you a buy one get oen free deal, byt there is nothing at all to apply to anytjing.

Good job you cleared that up.

If only someone had posted this, say, the third post of the thread two months ago. 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Since this got dug back up..  When I was on the Escape 2 weeks ago the CruiseNext manager did an EXCELLENT job explaining this during his presentation that I saw.  He made it VERY clear that the 'OBC' issued for the purchase of two or more CND's simply offsets the purchase price of half of the deposits up to 4 and does not require you to make any other purchases on board in order to 'use' it.

7 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Good job you cleared that up.

If only someone had posted this, say, the third post of the thread two months ago. 🙂

If on'y someone had not brought the thread back to life withot reading teh prior responses, no reply on my part would have been needed  Nut maybe we can get someone to send you a "My mommy is so proud of me" blue ribbon award for posting that!

On 2/5/2023 at 4:59 PM, julig22 said:

I have done it lots of times, if I book when only one is allowed I wait for a double up to come along and my PCC is more than happy to apply the second certificate.
Some friends of ours added a second certificate during their final payment a few weeks ago, 4 months out when the 2x offer started.

1 minute ago, ziggyuk said:

I have done it lots of times, if I book when only one is allowed I wait for a double up to come along and my PCC is more than happy to apply the second certificate.

I had used 2 on a cruise but when they repriced it, they took off the 2nd one (not sure if this happens if you price through a PCC but it does happen if you reprice onboard).  So I just waited a few weeks for the special to come back and reapplied it.... Just a silly part of the game!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ICutTheCheese said:

If on'y someone had not brought the thread back to life withot reading teh prior responses, no reply on my part would have been needed  Nut maybe we can get someone to send you a "My mommy is so proud of me" blue ribbon award for posting that!

No need.  I just changed my post reaction from LOL to "thanks" for valued forum member @KeithJenner's entertaining post.  Keith adds a lot of great content here.

2 hours ago, ICutTheCheese said:

Yeah, apologies. I was just trying to make a light hearted comment, but it probably came across as critical. That wasn’t meant.

• Haha 1