Prima / Live / Solo / Feb - 5-12 - 2023...

sid_9169

@sid_9169...you are so totally in your element on this cruise.....your "inner child" is smiling brightly!

Comparing this cruise to your Mardi Gras....night and day...this one is even shining brighter than your Virgin cruises...so far....way to go!

So happy to see you enjoying yourself.

Edited by Hogladyrider
  • Like 15

10 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

They should have a line at Starbucks for people who want to order something that doesn't take three paragraphs to describe...

Have you tried the Starbucks in Indulge? In December it was empty in the morning as opposed to the one in the atrium. 

• Like 2

Wow Sid this review is great. Each one you do outdoes the last. They have all been fantastic but the this one and the last one I see you in a different way, I can’t pinpoint it but whatever it is It’s great. 

This ship looks amazing in your pictures they are really good. The last picture of artwork reminds me of something like you may paint. I may have to look into this one. The Haven would only be in my dreams well even it wasn’t I am a little cheap for those extras. Even it it wasn’t way over my budget I’m sure I wouldn’t spend the amount it would take. Glad to see the pictures though. 

Continue to enjoy know the rest of your cruise. I’m sure I’m going to 😀

• Like 8

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:

Yes, of course, you can look at it without obligation.

However, to get one of the entrees on the menu, you would have had to pre-order it the day prior.

That is what I figured, but I just wanted to confirm it. Thanks for doing that.

• Like 1

just read all 30 pages. So much for my doing work around the house this evening. I booked this ship for March and was a little confused on the dining today when I booked. Supposedly we only get $180 for 2 people per meal and was told we could get an app, dinner, and dessert but it doesn't seem like $180 would be enough unless you just getting the least expensive thing. 

• Like 3

Been down at the bar "on vacation" for awhile. Johnny Walker Blue Label and some Veuve champagne. She's gone to dinner now, and I came back to the cabin to unwind from the day. Big day in Cozumel tomorrow, but wayyy too short. I'm going to have to edit my plans, as four and a half hours is much too little for my all time favorite island. I'm definitely hitting the East side bars, and hopefully a couple of places in town. At least we'll be parked right there in San Miguel, so I can make it back to the ship on time. 

I remember a few years ago, I was doing the Cozumel Bar Hop, and we got back to the drop off point. I wanted a bacon and lobster sandwich from Le Chef, but there was very little time. The girl Colleen from the bar hop called my order in and I ran over to the restaurant to pick it up. When I made it back to the pier I was about ten minutes till "all aboard". I sat there and finished my sandwich and ended up being the fourth to last person back on the ship. At least there were others who were later than I was...

• Like 29

19 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Been down at the bar "on vacation" for awhile. Johnny Walker Blue Label and some Veuve champagne. She's gone to dinner now, and I came back to the cabin to unwind from the day. Big day in Cozumel tomorrow, but wayyy too short. I'm going to have to edit my plans, as four and a half hours is much too little for my all time favorite island. I'm definitely hitting the East side bars, and hopefully a couple of places in town. At least we'll be parked right there in San Miguel, so I can make it back to the ship on time. 

I remember a few years ago, I was doing the Cozumel Bar Hop, and we got back to the drop off point. I wanted a bacon and lobster sandwich from Le Chef, but there was very little time. The girl Colleen from the bar hop called my order in and I ran over to the restaurant to pick it up. When I made it back to the pier I was about ten minutes till "all aboard". I sat there and finished my sandwich and ended up being the fourth to last person back on the ship. At least there were others who were later than I was...

Great to read you finally took some time to enjoy YOUR vacation (and some top shelf too) !! Thank you again for taking us along!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Sid, I always do the Cozumel Bar Hop! Colleen is a great host! I've done that Hop over 8 times. It is so good to be on the other side of Cozumel and be on a beach with no hotels, townhouses and pushy retail stores! The drinks and food each bar serves are very good! Colleen always jokes that if she falls out of the bus and the driver leaves I'm in charge of getting the bus back to the pier! Lol 😅🤭😂

Ted

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

We love Cozumel too - and have vacationed there 3 times!  If you ever want to spend more than a day there, I can recommend a great place to stay, right in Centro.  

It’s been way too long since I’ve spent time there.  I’ll be back in November, and bringing friends to the East Side.  Can’t wait 🙂

Edited by soccersharon
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Looking at the new freestyle daily, and they're showing us in Cozumel from 7:00 - 2:30... My driver is supposed to pick me up at 10:00, so that only gives me 4 1/2 hours on the island... Wayyy too little for my favorite place... The original itinerary shows 3:00, which is still too short... I'm not liking this at all. 

Are you going with Black hats?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, blarko said:

Could be wrong, but I think the “dog” she’s referring to is the white thing on the floor next to the masked person.

Well, I'm talking about the person on their hands and knees on the floor on her right side. You might notice their feet sticking out behind her feet and their arm holding them up off the floor.

• Like 1

Loving the review and fabulous pics!  I am in a studio in April.  I’m on the 13th floor and I believe the lounge is on 12. Thanks for the pic of the stairs that go between the studio floors.  I can’t tell by looking at the deck plans exactly where that staircase is?   Is it in the studio room hallways?  I am also looking forward to having easy access to drinks and snacks, but I’m a tea drinker. Does the hot drink dispenser have hot water and tea bags?   Can’t wait to hear and see more of your trip.  Enjoy!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PennyNC said:

Sid, I will be on the Prima in June in Northern Europe and am thoroughly enjoying this thread....many, many THANKS for a wonderful read!  But if I may ask you, what is that green, sliced in half pepper looking garnish on your steak tartare?!?  I was on NCL Joy last summer and had one as a garnish and I loved it!  My mistake in not asking the waiter what it's called and I've not been able to figure it out since.  Google could not figure out what I was talking about...lol 

They garnish with a cornichon. They’re amazing to the point that a waiter in the Haven had them sent to my cabin because I told him I liked them so much. NCL Crew are the best in the business.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2023 at 6:20 AM, sid_9169 said:

Good news is that it looks like the rain is slowing down. I went ahead and took a shower, and I'm basically ready to roll out whenever. I don't want to be too early, but honestly I don't have anything better to do here at the hotel. Costume of the day is a rerun...

PXL_20230205_141711090.jpg

Late to the party, but happy to be here.  Hunter Thompson, Fear and Loathing shirt?

• Like 2

I was up wayyy too late, and now I'm up way too early than I would like. On line for Starbucks because I need something to get this machine running for my long (short) day here in Cozumel. Gotta get back up to the cabin whilst I sip, and get my bag ready for the day. I wish that we didn't have to leave so soon, but it is what it is.

PXL_20230207_122401209.jpg

• Like 22

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I was up wayyy too late, and now I'm up way too early than I would like. On line for Starbucks because I need something to get this machine running for my long (short) day here in Cozumel. Gotta get back up to the cabin whilst I sip, and get my bag ready for the day. I wish that we didn't have to leave so soon, but it is what it is.

PXL_20230207_122401209.jpg

Don't they have a coffee machine in the studio lounge?  

It's bad enough that every single person in line is taking a couple of minutes to describe whatever drink they want from Starbucks, but I almost had an incident down there just now. I was finally the second in line to order, when some guy who knew the guy in front of me strolls up. At this point he would've been about 15th in line. Well, the guy in front of me knew the guy, and he says "just tell me whatever you want, and I'll get it so you don't have to wait in line"... Of course each one of these concoctions is going to take several minutes each to make, and now everyone behind him is made to wait even longer... I wanted to cause a scene, but I'm trying to have a nice vacation day today.

• Like 18
  • Haha 10

14 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

It's bad enough that every single person in line is taking a couple of minutes to describe whatever drink they want from Starbucks, but I almost had an incident down there just now. I was finally the second in line to order, when some guy who knew the guy in front of me strolls up. At this point he would've been about 15th in line. Well, the guy in front of me knew the guy, and he says "just tell me whatever you want, and I'll get it so you don't have to wait in line"... Of course each one of these concoctions is going to take several minutes each to make, and now everyone behind him is made to wait even longer... I wanted to cause a scene, but I'm trying to have a nice vacation day today.

Freaking rude.  

• Like 15