Prima / Live / Solo / Feb - 5-12 - 2023...

sid_9169

46 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Apparently photographing food bothers the lady beside me. I'm going to take a lot more pictures now, just for fun...

Tell her your a food critic for Bon Appetit magazine and moderately drunk.

• Like 5
  • Haha 12

49 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

Sid, want lots of pics for this place. This is a definite for us. That bread alone ...! Hopefully you will get something I would eat so I can see it. 🙂

Yes, that bread definitely looked inviting....Mmm...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Apparently photographing food bothers the lady beside me. I'm going to take a lot more pictures now, just for fun...

Please!!!  I have a reservation on 2/14 at Onda on the Encore and very interested.   She can pound sand.  I actually had a person from another table on a cruise ask to take a picture of our dish.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

@sid_9169 I second the powder recommendation to remove sand... I buy a small bottle of baby powder from the dollar store and put it in my go bag, even if I'm not beaching it. I had a woman spill an entire bottle of coke on my foot once in Nassau- I washed it off but we were in a sandy area and I couldn't get my swim shoe back on because of the sand... out came the baby powder and I was able to get my (wet) shoe back on minus a pound of sand!

• Like 6

On 2/7/2023 at 7:27 AM, sid_9169 said:

Got my bug out bag ready to roll, as a couple of the places I'm going have a porta potty at best... Strange for an extremely OCD guy like me to put myself in those types of situations, but that's what it takes to have an "authentic adventure". Heading out soon...

This is the first review of yours I’ve read. I immediately noticed the newspapers. 🤣🤣

• Like 1

Awesome pics of the ship and the food!

Thanks

I think you got a deal on that Reserva de La Familia. If I’m looking at the correct exchange rate. 
the more recent prices on those tequilas are in the $250 range. 
Great trip and coverage!!

N

• Like 1

I've been out "just on vacation" for a bit... Drinks at the Metropolitan Bar with JinxyB. Cowboy is in rare form tonight, and the tequila was flowing... Back at "home" now, and I don't know if I'm going back out, or if I'm done for the night. Tomorrow is Jamaica, which means a sea day for me. I'd sorta like to get out again, but I've never had the best of luck there. Will probably just sleep in and see what the day brings. JinxyB wants to go on the dry slide tomorrow, so I'll probably be checking that out. I'll get to have a quick tour of every balcony as I pass on by at lightning speed. I was watching some people do it yesterday, and a few of them ended up having to "scooch" their way down, as the momentum wasn't enough to get them all the way to the end... We'll see what happens... 

• Like 19
  • Haha 8

6 hours ago, wesorbeth said:

We were on a bus in GC and went past a cemetery.  We were at a stoplight, I glanced over and saw two tombstones next to each other, Rebecca and Elizabeth.  My sister is Rebecca and I am Elizabeth, I sent her a message and told her I will NEVER go to GC with her!

I just got Outlander vibes... creepy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1