Prima / Live / Solo / Feb - 5-12 - 2023...

sid_9169

I had the same such trouble before where I used Priceline to make the reservation, and I "thought" payment also through Priceline. But when arriving at the hotel up in Helen, GA, the hotel did not show any payment. After going through priceline customer service, I was sent to booking.com customer service, where NO ONE speaks English!! Long story short, the hotel got their money from booking.com and I will NEVER use Priceline again!!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, bluetardis said:

@sid_9169 I would call your credit card company and let them work it out for you

Yes, I have found credit card companies are very good at this. Just make sure you let them know you attempted to settle this with the hotel and also contacted Priceline and Booking.com The credit card company will most likely want to know what effort you made to settle this before you contacted them.

• Like 2

Sid, I have really enjoyed your adventure. Thank  you so much for taking the time to share this with us . We are Italian  and live in the alps, north from Milan so you now have an international following.  We are on the NCL Jewel  Panama cruise 21st March. Where are you heading next? I need to know so I don’t miss your new adventure.🤗🤗🤗

• Like 7

Little update on the hotel situation, as well as the stolen package... After three phone calls between Priceline and Booking dot com, it turns out that I never actually paid for the hotel room when I made the reservation. So, the hotel was correct in charging me when I checked out... As far as the stolen package, the vendor has agreed to send me a replacement, and in fact, they've already shipped it!... I'm pretty satisfied with both outcomes, and I guess that you could say that this was about the best vacation ever! And, having JinxyB to hang out with during the cruise was just the "icing on the cake"... 

• Like 54

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Little update on the hotel situation, as well as the stolen package... After three phone calls between Priceline and Booking dot com, it turns out that I never actually paid for the hotel room when I made the reservation. So, the hotel was correct in charging me when I checked out... As far as the stolen package, the vendor has agreed to send me a replacement, and in fact, they've already shipped it!... I'm pretty satisfied with both outcomes, and I guess that you could say that this was about the best vacation ever! And, having JinxyB to hang out with during the cruise was just the "icing on the cake"... 

Glad to hear you made out great!! I bet one day you will see a guy wearing your shirt in your building!

He will be hanging around the mailboxes!

Have a great night

Cat

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

Sid, I was AWOL from CC for a couple of weeks, so I was totally late to the party, but I just read your "review" from start to finish and you have singlehandedly lifted me out of the doldrums I get this time each year. I love your insights, the way that you share your experiences, your costumes and your sense of humor, and I agree that this is your best cruise critique ever. Our next cruise isn't for a couple of months and, heretofore, I hadn't been interested in the Prima, but you changed my mind, for sure. I would be very sad if this is your last, but I completely understand. You have such a gift for transporting us so that we're right there with you and your candor and unique point of view are just the best. Thank you so much for this. Wishing you all the best along each step of your journey going forward! 

• Like 9

14 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Just in case you did ask the credit card company to dispute this, do not forget to let them know that there is no longer a problem.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Glad both situations turned out well!

• Like 1

Good Morning Sid

Thank you again for your live review! I definitely now know I made the right choice!

I'm flying out today for my Escape cruise (#5) My favorite ship! Then I'll be jumping on the Prima 2/26!

Thank you again for all your live reviews!! They have been so helpful to all of us!!

Have a great day!

Cat

• Like 4

Well, it's all over now, so no real reason to follow. But I can't stand the number being at 374, and will make it a much more pleasant 375 for you. 😁 

Literally one second later: Well, should have done that first since someone beat me to it. Holler if it gets to 399.....

Edited by SeekingKillerWhales!
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, SeekingKillerWhales! said:

Well, it's all over now, so no real reason to follow. But I can't stand the number being at 374, and will make it a much more pleasant 375 for you. 😁 

Literally one second later: Well, should have done that first since someone beat me to it. Holler if it gets to 399.....

I appreciate every single one of the loud and proud "376"... Thank you all for following along on this adventure...

Screenshot_20230217-073739.png

• Like 18

Sid, I have been busy at work but made it in at 376.  Finished my binge this evening, secure in knowing you had a great cruise and survived that dreaded first week back.  Thanks for an entertaining and amusing trip report.  I had a ton of fun reading it! 

• Like 1