Prices Raised Within First 24 Hours

Cruisecyp

9 minutes ago, peribit said:

Does anyone notice that price listed on the website is just the starting price for the category?  This is misleading.  The quote that came back from my TA is a lot higher than the price on the website!

I'm not sure I understand?  All of the cruises I've seen show valid fares on the menu page for each cruise.

Vince

The price listed for the Aquamarine Veranda Suite for the July 2, 2024 Alaska cruise is $4700 pp on the Crystal site.  My TA told me it is $6100 pp.  I am asking her to recheck with Crystal.  Perhaps she made a mistake.

3 minutes ago, peribit said:

The price listed for the Aquamarine Veranda Suite for the July 2, 2024 Alaska cruise is $4700 pp on the Crystal site.  My TA told me it is $6100 pp.  I am asking her to recheck with Crystal.  Perhaps she made a mistake.

Someone did,

Come back when you find out who.

11 hours ago, Cruisecyp said:

We placed a booking with our TA this morning on Symphony’s first three voyages.

By this evening the prices on all three voyages listed on Crystal’s website have increased.

Has this happened on Serenity ?

This morning, 24 hours later after I originally booked the voyages the prices have now reverted back, very strange. 

5 hours ago, Zele said:

This morning, 24 hours later after I originally booked the voyages the prices have now reverted back, very strange. 

I'm afraid many things will not be as they should but hopefully they will be more settled and reliable in a month or so.

19 hours ago, peribit said:

My TA told me that the difference is the destination fee.  Anyone heard of that?

1 hour ago, peribit said:

My TA told me that the difference is the destination fee.  Anyone heard of that?

Destination fees and/or resort fees are very common in the hotel industry.  They are basically a money grab.  The hotels tell you that the fee is for internet, 2 bottles of water in your room, and some other ridiculous stuff that if you have hotel status you receive anyway.  This scheme started with resorts in a hotel chain portfolio and morphed into destination fees at places like NYC.

If it truly is a destination fee that is a first for a cruise line.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, cruisr said:

Destination fees and/or resort fees are very common in the hotel industry.  They are basically a money grab.  The hotels tell you that the fee is for internet, 2 bottles of water in your room, and some other ridiculous stuff that if you have hotel status you receive anyway.  This scheme started with resorts in a hotel chain portfolio and morphed into destination fees at places like NYC.

If it truly is a destination fee that is a first for a cruise line.

I know what a destination fee is at hotels.  But this is being charged by Crystal??

Look on the bottom of your invoice.. It should say that the cruise fare is inclusive of xxx$ per person destination fee.

all fare savings or benefits are calculated net of destination fees.

so is that the brochure cruise fare or the cruise fare plus the calculated cruise fare plus destination fee.

Yours seem high for a single cruise.

5 minutes ago, bayonejoe said:

Look on the bottom of your invoice.. It should say that the cruise fare is inclusive of xxx$ per person destination fee.

all fare savings or benefits are calculated net of destination fees.

so is that the brochure cruise fare or the cruise fare plus the calculated cruise fare plus destination fee.

Yours seem high for a single cruise.

The fare on the website is lower than the quote from my TA and the explanation from my TA is that the additional amount is the destination fee.

15 minutes ago, peribit said:

The fare on the website is lower than the quote from my TA and the explanation from my TA is that the additional amount is the destination fee.

Not mine. It is identical to what is on the website. The CS discount and back-to-back discount are calculated on the fare net of the destination fee amount. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TER777 said:

Not mine. It is identical to what is on the website. The CS discount and back-to-back discount are calculated on the fare net of the destination fee amount. 

Is there a CS discount?  And if so, does Crystal have that info and will they automatically apply it?

And is there a B2B discount?

Thanks

On 2/1/2023 at 4:05 PM, peribit said:

Does anyone notice that price listed on the website is just the starting price for the category?  This is misleading.  The quote that came back from my TA is a lot higher than the price on the website!

Nothing misleading at all. It says Fares From, which clearly implies that's the low end of the fare and if you've cruised before, you know that depending on where on the ship your cabin is, will also determine your price.

4 hours ago, peribit said:

I asked my TA about the same thing. It's in the contract on their site that there is a $700 pp destination fee. Of course why do we need a destination fee or is this instead of port fees?

Edited by AtA