Oceania Flights

horseymike

5 hours ago, Jmoondance said:

Would you explain little further, why not to  take O life fare?

Would appreciate your input.

You will have more options  in airlines to choose from

We like to do Biz Class on longer flights   to Europe  so we DIY   usually

On our TA  (NYC to SOU ) we did use  O air  & took the PE option from LHR  home 

If you do not mind sitting in coach  by all means use O air 

JMO

8 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We are new to Oceania, long time Celebrity customer but no happy with their new suites pricing so we have booked our first Oceania cruise in March 2025.  We will be flying to Santiago Chile from San Antonio, TX and then home from Buenos Aires and looking at prices this year they are so expensive. We normally fly business class or minimum premium economy for international flights. Would we better off booking PE flights with Oceania? Does anyone here have experience doing this with O to South America? We are also looking at Copa Airlines which has flights from Houston, TX to Santiago with a stop in Panama and they have reasonable BC fares, which are about the same as United PE costs. Thanks for any help.

From experience, in doing your calculations of Oceania air vs. DIY, you need to factor in Oceania's $99 PP charge for outgoing and/and return flights from non-gateway cities such as San Antonio and/or Austin (we've lived in both over a 20 year period until a recent move closer to Houston, a gateway city).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

You will have more options  in airlines to choose from

We like to do Biz Class on longer flights   to Europe  so we DIY   usually

On our TA  (NYC to SOU ) we did use  O air  & took the PE option from LHR  home 

If you do not mind sitting in coach  by all means use O air 

JMO

We usually fly PE in international flights. 

Guess this itinerary is  not suitable for O included Air.

20 minutes ago, Jmoondance said:

We usually fly PE in international flights. 

Guess this itinerary is  not suitable for O included Air.

Remember that O P.E is for the international leg only. All flights to that final international port is economy.  So, for example, if your flight was LAX-EWR-fRA-ATH only the EWR-FRA leg is PE.

The PE upgrade is typically only offered on European cruises not Asian or S.American itineraries.

Edited by pinotlover
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone have experience with O biz class to Asia?  Bangkok, HK, and Tokyo.  We booked three segments segments on Riveria but won’t know if we can sail one, two or three until we get a bit closer.  Flights open next month but flexibility with O would be helpful.

I have two European trips booked this year with miles.  Biz flights are reasonable to Europe so I’m thinking of purchasing all the tickets with cash and banking the miles for Asia as those flights are so much more expensive.  If O has any somewhat competitive biz flights to Asia though, I’ll keep the flights I have to Europe.  

4 hours ago, the more ports the better said:

Does anyone have experience with O biz class to Asia?  Bangkok, HK, and Tokyo.  We booked three segments segments on Riveria but won’t know if we can sail one, two or three until we get a bit closer.  Flights open next month but flexibility with O would be helpful.

I have two European trips booked this year with miles.  Biz flights are reasonable to Europe so I’m thinking of purchasing all the tickets with cash and banking the miles for Asia as those flights are so much more expensive.  If O has any somewhat competitive biz flights to Asia though, I’ll keep the flights I have to Europe.  

you could always   ask prior  to deciding  (270 days out)   what the BIZ  fares would be

as long as they have contracts  with the airlines at the time they should be able to give you some idea of the  fares

For Europe  we found it was  better to book our own

JMO

I've been considering a Norway cruise in 2024.  If prices hold, the BC airfare will equal the cost of the cruise itself.  I  really struggle with the notion that airfare will be 50% of the cost of the entire vacation. I so wish I could tolerate long flights in coach, but my leg pain is torture in those cramped seats.

33 minutes ago, mnocket said:

I've been considering a Norway cruise in 2024.  If prices hold, the BC airfare will equal the cost of the cruise itself.  I  really struggle with the notion that airfare will be 50% of the cost of the entire vacation. I so wish I could tolerate long flights in coach, but my leg pain is torture in those cramped seats.

We have a NZ/Australia cruise next January and it looks like Premium Economy will run over $4000pp RT from San Antonio to Sydney.  BC is running over $9K per person.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

We have a NZ/Australia cruise next January and it looks like Premium Economy will run over $4000pp RT from San Antonio to Sydney.  BC is running over $9K per person.

It's crazy.  For the most part, Premium Economy is pretty much a joke for international flights.  Way overpriced for what you get.  It's a shame, because something that reasonably splits the difference comfort-wise  between BC and Coach is sorely needed.  I doubt it will happen - I recently read that PE seats are the most profitable for the airlines.

5 minutes ago, mnocket said:

It's crazy.  For the most part, Premium Economy is pretty much a joke for international flights.  Way overpriced for what you get.  It's a shame, because something that reasonably splits the difference comfort-wise  between BC and Coach is sorely needed.  I doubt it will happen - I recently read that PE seats are the most profitable for the airlines.

For Sydney the main cabin is not that much less than PE seats. In PE we do get just 2 seats together on the window so we are not sharing a third seat with a stranger for 15 hours. We normally fly BC overseas but just can't justify the cost to Sydney that is more than what the cruise is costing.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

For S

In PE we do get just 2 seats together on the window so we are not sharing a third seat with a stranger for 15 hours. 

Same here.

Our experience with PE ,British Air was little better than AA service wise. 

4 hours ago, mnocket said:

We did PE  from LHR to YYZ  on AC it was fine  good legroom 

it depends on the airline & how the seats are configured

We have done  PE on KLM a few years ago  it was certainly more legroom the  coach 

For me it was worth the extra to do BIZ class  even though the price I could have had another cruise  with that money  the lay flat seats  were well worth it

It is  a trade off

• Like 1

8 or 9 hours PE, I can handle. Fifteen to seventeen to OZ, no way. My 6’2” isn’t going to take it. Did it eight years ago to OZ, but not now. We’re booked on the OZ circumnavigation in December. Before booking the cruise, I accepted that the new outrageous BZ tickets were part of the deal. 

The advantage of being < 5’ 8”! 🥺 I have friends whose wife can sit In Economy and her feet barely hit the floor. She doesn’t understand paying the additional costs! 🥴

• Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 9:11 PM, Furball83 said:

I just need a one-way return from Rome in April, and business class on my own was going to be $4,876! Was able to get it through Oceania for the $175 air deviation fee and $500 fare difference - plus the $1,899 I had already paid for restricted business class - so total of $2,574 thorough Oceania for a direct, non-stop flight from Rome to Charlotte on my preferred airline. Saves me $2,302, and they also include my transfer from ship to airport. Just think it pays to do your own research rather than assuming you can get better or cheaper flights on your own.

We currently have a premium economy flight from Rome to Chicago, Chicago to Charlotte with Oceania's air.  If we try to get a non stop either business or premium economy, do we pay the deviation fee even if they can't make our desired changes at a reasonable cost? Do you have the name of the person who helped you with the flight arrangements?  Thank you!