80's theme in the dining room

SwimCarrie

So, let's say I'm going full 80's mode on an 80's themed cruise. (Makes sense, right?) Do I have to dress for dinner in normal smart casual attire and change back into my leg warmers and neon jellies after? Or can I rock my 80's look in the dining room since it's a themed cruise? 

Thanks!

On 2/1/2023 at 6:42 PM, SwimCarrie said:

So, let's say I'm going full 80's mode on an 80's themed cruise. (Makes sense, right?) Do I have to dress for dinner in normal smart casual attire and change back into my leg warmers and neon jellies after? Or can I rock my 80's look in the dining room since it's a themed cruise? 

Thanks!

Did an 80s cruise in Oct.

Some people rocked the theme ALL day EVERY day--you do you!!!

Have fun!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alma7 said:

Quick question. Any live ‘80s bands?
Thanks in advance.

On the Regal in January, they had some really great tribute bands. A Pat Benatar tribute band, a Foreigner one and a Bon Jovi one. They each performed two shows in a packed Princess Theater. It was a lot of fun!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Almagetty said:

On the Regal in January, they had some really great tribute bands. A Pat Benatar tribute band, a Foreigner one and a Bon Jovi one. They each performed two shows in a packed Princess Theater. It was a lot of fun!

I'm on the '80s cruise on the Discovery in April and the lineup includes trippy bands for Pat Benatar as well Bon Jovi as well as Journey. I'm also excited to know that Carlos Oscar is on her as well as he's one of my favorite comedians that I've seen multiple times on Princess.

• Like 2

On 2/1/2023 at 7:42 PM, SwimCarrie said:

Thanks!

I'm on this cruise as well My theory is dress how you would like as it is a theme cruise and people are there to enjoy themselves as well as the theming. I'm personally not into theme dressing but I'm jokingly considered my hot pink Barbie workout outfit with the leg warmers. 🤣😂🤣😂

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Alma7 said:

Thanks in advance.

On the December '21 sailing of the Regal, we had a different Bon Jovi tribute band (Slippery When Wet) and a Hall and Oates tribute band. I thought both were great, especially the latter. We didn't have full crowds because the ship was only less than 30% occupied.

On my upcoming sailing on the Ruby, we'll have the same Journey and Bon Jovi tributes that others here have mentioned. In addition, we'll have Red Corvette, a tribute band for Prince. My expectations are high for that one, since I'm a fan of the purple one. 😀

On 2/3/2023 at 4:09 PM, Alma7 said:

Thanks in advance.

Ours had the Bon Jovi & Journey bands.

The Bon Jovi band also did a couple other 80s nights--they did the alternative rock night & I loved it! They are a lot more versatile than just Bon Jovi.

• Thanks 1