LGBTQIA+ meetups on Virgin?

CruiseeCrazee

I'm considering sailing VV for the first time this fall and one of the things I've really appreciated about when I've sailed on other lines is when they organize LGBTQIA+ meetups - inevitably the queer crew turn out to be great, to the point where I'm not positive I'd want to sail a line that doesn't give us this meetup chance. Does anyone know if VV holds LGBT+ meetups on their ships? If so, is it a one-time thing or a daily thing? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CruiseeCrazee said:

I'm considering sailing VV for the first time this fall and one of the things I've really appreciated about when I've sailed on other lines is when they organize LGBTQIA+ meetups - inevitably the queer crew turn out to be great, to the point where I'm not positive I'd want to sail a line that doesn't give us this meetup chance. Does anyone know if VV holds LGBT+ meetups on their ships? If so, is it a one-time thing or a daily thing? 

I think they call it "embarkation day" lol The line is SO LGBT+ friendly on all departments and even in the entertainment they should (lesbian love story in one show!) you wont need to worry about a meet up. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

More importantly, the non-lgtbq+ crowd for the most part is very accepting and friendly.  I didn't notice one dirty look or hear one nasty comment from anyone on our cruise.  At the late night dance parties, there was intermingling, and everyone was dancing with everyone.  Very odd feeling not having to worry about being persecuted.  Best time on a cruise ever.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, DrSch said:

More importantly, the non-lgtbq+ crowd for the most part is very accepting and friendly.  I didn't notice one dirty look or hear one nasty comment from anyone on our cruise.  At the late night dance parties, there was intermingling, and everyone was dancing with everyone.  Very odd feeling not having to worry about being persecuted.  Best time on a cruise ever.

Thank you from this older, straight person.  I would add that I never saw anything over the top or offensive from any sailor or group.  I've seen more PDA walking thru a Disney park and more questionable attire on a Disney ship (to the point that young child commented on it).  Bottom line, on our VV, everyone seemed respectful and appropriate.  And we had lots of fun, which I think can be said for almost everyone on board.  I can specifically think of two instances where we had a blast, each time with a gay couple.  Everyone was having fun with everyone else.  Definitely a different vibe than any other cruise line.

• Like 7