Why does Celebrity send out time-wasting emails?

cruisestitch

Today I got an email urging me to book a hotel or a cruise in 2025. Hotels are not bookable that far out. Why does Celebrity waste time creating and distributing these useless emails, when they are already shortstaffed in so many departments, like the loyalty division for one? Emails like this do nothing but annoy me.  Is that their intention?  Surely not.

😵

8C4E1C8B-614D-4E0C-A349-A82425CD7A93.png

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I wish I could mark them as junk but I need other emails from Celebrity so I don’t dare do that.😵

I average two emails a day from Celebrity which is overkill. Sometimes more as a Captains Club or Blue Chip email too. But I have my email set up with rules so that the Celebrity and other cruise line emails are not in my primary  email folder. I don't get notified and I have to open the folder to see if I got any emails from cruise lines but checking the folder once a day works for me. 

• Like 1

Like the emails or not, they work.  Utilizing TOM or "Top Of Mind".  "Enjoy" these as they last because the next evolution will probably be your devices listening to your convo, it hears you say "Alaska" then like magic, X will send a targeted Alaska sailing email

• Like 1