2-2-2023 Weigh in

Izena

I hope everyone is either cruising or safe , warm and dry.  It has been unusually wet in Houston - last week 6 inches of rain—so far this week 7 inches.  I’m tired of grey days.    

I haven’t weighed, working on eating behaviors  -  may have to switch to grocery pick up to stop impulse sweet purchases.    Have a western Caribbean cruise leaving Sunday.  Excited to get out of town.   

My dog sitters are moving to CA in March.  My options for another dog sitter is slim to nonexistent.   They are some incompatibility with their dogs.   The one option to just adds a stress to the owner-  she has a bed bound son at home who is alert but demanding.  Last fall she had 3 dogs over 15 years old  in her home  - as of today they have all crossed the rainbow bridge.   Kenneling is NOT an option.

I can take Feb cruise, and May cruise which is solo  and my son will watch  Jazzper.  I have cancelled my Alaskan cruise in July.  Jazzper is 15 so plan on taking road trips with him.    

I feel better making these choices.  

• Like 1

Izena - I didn't weigh myself today - I ended up eating breakfast before I realized it was Thursday - perhaps tomorrow.   

I too am having a problem with sweets --- I was doing so well ... but all of a sudden I seem to be eating "extra".  I do have tons of chocolate in the cupboard and the freezer that was given to us for Christmas - so far I haven't eaten any of them .... but I seem to be chowing down on cashews .... I know that my eating is just due to frustration ... but, do need to figure out a way to stop.

I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise!

It is to be very cold here this week end - In Bangor with wind chill this weekend it is to be 47 degrees below zero.  Farther north it is expected to be minus 87 degrees with wind chill.  I'm ready for spring!!!

Good luck this week to all.  Jan

This week DW was out of town for 3 days adding extra level of stress to keep up with kiddos schedules.  We managed and everyone made it to the other side.  I weighed in this week and am 4.2 down.  I think a bit of it was water retention.  DW says I lose it quick, but I also pack it on quick.  Here is to another healthier week ahead.

18 hours ago, Izena said:

I hope everyone is either cruising or safe , warm and dry.  It has been unusually wet in Houston - last week 6 inches of rain—so far this week 7 inches.  I’m tired of grey days.    

I haven’t weighed, working on eating behaviors  -  may have to switch to grocery pick up to stop impulse sweet purchases.    Have a western Caribbean cruise leaving Sunday.  Excited to get out of town.   

My dog sitters are moving to CA in March.  My options for another dog sitter is slim to nonexistent.   They are some incompatibility with their dogs.   The one option to just adds a stress to the owner-  she has a bed bound son at home who is alert but demanding.  Last fall she had 3 dogs over 15 years old  in her home  - as of today they have all crossed the rainbow bridge.   Kenneling is NOT an option.

I can take Feb cruise, and May cruise which is solo  and my son will watch  Jazzper.  I have cancelled my Alaskan cruise in July.  Jazzper is 15 so plan on taking road trips with him.    

I feel better making these choices.  

Hooray on your cruise, happy sailing Sunday.  Pet watching is tough especially when our trusted watchers leave/are unavailable.  I hope you have some awesome road trips with your aging pup.

10 hours ago, Jan_In_Maine said:

Izena - I didn't weigh myself today - I ended up eating breakfast before I realized it was Thursday - perhaps tomorrow.   

I too am having a problem with sweets --- I was doing so well ... but all of a sudden I seem to be eating "extra".  I do have tons of chocolate in the cupboard and the freezer that was given to us for Christmas - so far I haven't eaten any of them .... but I seem to be chowing down on cashews .... I know that my eating is just due to frustration ... but, do need to figure out a way to stop.

I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise!

It is to be very cold here this week end - In Bangor with wind chill this weekend it is to be 47 degrees below zero.  Farther north it is expected to be minus 87 degrees with wind chill.  I'm ready for spring!!!

Good luck this week to all.  Jan

Ooh goodness that is chilly… please stay warm.  I am a stress eater too.  I’ll over eat on something and then spend two days being mad at myself.  Allow yourself grace and remember today is a new day.  You can do it; back to your goals- let’s get it!

• Thanks 1

I'm home but have hurt my back. Will talk in in a few days. Can't sit to long now.

Izena enjoy your cruise.  Sorry about dog sitter.

Jan hang in there--most here-- sweets are our downfall.

ncovert great loss, glad you joined us--you inspire us like Izena did.

(yes, men do lose faster, wife right, isn't she always)

Where has everyone been the last few weigh ins?