Attn Fellow cruises on Vancouver to Hawaii 21 Sept 24

gordylad

Beware!  Just got off phone with Celebrity.  They told me the policy for this re-deployment is prevailing rate.  In my case the increase during a phone call on Feb 8th was $900+ which I said I would think about.  When I called today I was told the prevailing rate would now be $2000+ more than the original quote.  I have canceled the booking but would advise anyone quoted no increase and $100 OBC to recheck their booking as I was told that scenario was not one Celebrity was offering. Wouldn’t want anyone to get a shock down the line.  

On 2/9/2023 at 4:14 PM, southernbreezes said:

No it does not. I am booked on the cruise and the rate stayed the same plus they gave me an additional $100.00 on board credit and I also get a extra day for free. 

Thanks for your factual post.    I was of the opinion that is how it would be handled.

It is always disturbing to read some posts speaking of incorrect "facts" or definition.

3 hours ago, Camille11 said:

Beware!  Just got off phone with Celebrity.  They told me the policy for this re-deployment is prevailing rate.  In my case the increase during a phone call on Feb 8th was $900+ which I said I would think about.  When I called today I was told the prevailing rate would now be $2000+ more than the original quote.  I have canceled the booking but would advise anyone quoted no increase and $100 OBC to recheck their booking as I was told that scenario was not one Celebrity was offering. Wouldn’t want anyone to get a shock down the line.  

Curious -  are you speaking of a booking you planned on making or an existing reservation that you are now being asked to pay more for?

If it's a new booking I would expect the rate to be the rate on that day unless you had a hold on the cruise from the previous day.

46 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious -  are you speaking of a booking you planned on making or an existing reservation that you are now being asked to pay more for?

If it's a new booking I would expect the rate to be the rate on that day unless you had a hold on the cruise from the previous day.

I think it's clear from various posts in this thread AND the letter from X that was pasted above that previously booked passengers must either cancel for a full refund or rebook at the prevailing rate (with token OBC). You replied above to one person who's TA group rate seems not to have changed, but that doesn't negate all the others who report being forced to rebook at a higher fare. This is new, malicious territory for Celebrity.

Edited by RichYak
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 6:10 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for your factual post.    I was of the opinion that is how it would be handled.

It is always disturbing to read some posts speaking of incorrect "facts" or definition.

We were booked on the original September 21st Edge sailing since December. When the extra day was added to the cruise, our price was also increased by several hundred dollars. We had a paid, refundable deposit. The increased cost for the extra day was actually more than the daily rate for the original 12 night cruise. We have several friends who were also booked on the original 12 night cruise, and they also experienced an increase in price. This is correct and factual information .I am not sure of the circumstances of those few that did not receive a price increase, but from the comments of many others also on this cruise, the majority received an increase in price. 

I feel that some increase in cost to cover the extra day would be acceptable, but Celebrity increased the price by more than the cost of the original day rate. Although we did end up rebooking the new 13 night cruise, we feel it was a low move by Celebrity to increase the cost as much as they did. 

• Thanks 1