Attn Fellow cruises on Vancouver to Hawaii 21 Sept 24

gordylad

Received a call from my agent. Issues with the port has changed the sail date from 21 Sept 24 to 20th Sept 24 meaning it is now a 13 night cruise and not a 12 night cruise.

Our price of the cruise remains the same with a complimentary 100$ obc per balcony cabin stateroom. Full refund offered if deciding on cancellation.

PS I believe the 13 Sept 2024 sailing from Vancouver is also affected as the agent mentioned the two dates.

Hello,

We regret to inform you we have received the following cancelation information from Celebrity and would like to share it with you.

Dear Valued Guest,

We're reaching out to inform you that your Celebrity Edge@ sailing departing on September 21, 2024 has been redeployed due to a port conflict in Vancouver.

Your sailing will be lengthened to a 13-Night sailing departing on September 20, 2024.

You may remain on your September 21, 2024

lengthened 13-Night sailing at prevailing rates or cancel without penalty.

If you remain on the redeployed sailing, you will receive an onboard credit of $100 per standard stateroom and $200 per suite. Air reimbursement is not being offered. A full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment; however, if a you choose not to rebook, the above offer of compensation is no longer valid.

We appreciate your support and understanding

3 minutes ago, 018041 said:

Does prevailing rates mean additional charge ?

Have you been asked by Celebrity or your agent to pay additional.  In the past - whether they used the correct word - you maintain your current rate on the new sailing. 

Would be easiest to call Celebrity or your agent and have them send you a copy of your reservation invoice.    That way you would know exactly.

16 minutes ago, 018041 said:

Does prevailing rates mean additional charge ?

Prevailing rate means whatever the cruise is selling for now.  So if the price of your cruise has gone up, then yes, that would be an additional charge.  Assuming you booked through a travel agent, I would contact them about what this means specifically for you.

23 hours ago, prmssk said:

Prevailing rate means whatever the cruise is selling for now.  So if the price of your cruise has gone up, then yes, that would be an additional charge.  Assuming you booked through a travel agent, I would contact them about what this means specifically for you.

No it does not. I am booked on the cruise and the rate stayed the same plus they gave me an additional $100.00 on board credit and I also get a extra day for free. 

Edited by southernbreezes
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, southernbreezes said:

No it does not. I am booked on the cruise and the rate stayed the same plus they gave me an additional $100.00 on board credit and I also get a extra day for free. 

Prevailing rate means the current rate.  Maybe in your specific case the prevailing rate is the same as what you booked at.  Or maybe they are inaccurately using that phrase.  It wouldn't be the first time Celebrity wasn't clear in communication.  That is why I suggested that poster contact their travel agent who forwarded them that e-mail.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, prmssk said:

Prevailing rate means the current rate.  Maybe in your specific case the prevailing rate is the same as what you booked at.  Or maybe they are inaccurately using that phrase.  It wouldn't be the first time Celebrity wasn't clear in communication.  That is why I suggested that poster contact their travel agent who forwarded them that e-mail.

I agree with you. I think my E1 stayed the same because I have a Group Rate which is $775.46 less than today's Celebrity website rate. So lucky mine did not change and I got an extra $100.00 OBC but probably would have. 

3 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

I agree with you. I think my E1 stayed the same because I have a Group Rate which is $775.46 less than today's Celebrity website rate. So lucky mine did not change and I got an extra $100.00 OBC but probably would have. 

It's odd that individuals that were booked need to rebook at prevailing rates, but TAs with group space do not. 

33 minutes ago, RichYak said:

It's odd that individuals that were booked need to rebook at prevailing rates, but TAs with group space do not. 

She did have to rebook me but the group rate happened to stay the same. Looking again I switched to Aqua Class because the rate has gone down from when I first booked in January. Aqua class was $8,718 today it is $8,349 group rate is $7,529. Suites are outrageous (no group rates) for 2024 and it does not look like many people are buying them.

Edited by southernbreezes
  • Like 1