Special anniversary cruise

Mystic Avalon

Looking at Silversea cruise in 2025 for our anniversary. Have researched extensively online all details of cruises suitable and Silversea ticks all the boxes for price, itinerary, service, dress code etc.

We have sailed previously with other cruise lines which are not quite so upmarket, however my question is would Silversea be suitable for the every day person

• Like 1

100%…go! Unless people wear logos on all their clothes and drip with diamonds, you will never know who has what $$$. Nor will you care. 
Almost always the passengers  who look the richest  are the people who are the newest. My late husband and I felt that Silversea was the least pretentious of the  “Ultra Luxury Lines” and that’s one of the main reasons we have happily stayed with Silversea since 1998.

BON VOYAGE!

• Like 2

We once encountered David Lytton-Cobbold, 2nd Baron Cobbold, on a cruise.  David was a member of an illustrious banking family and owner of the vast Knebworth Estate in Hertfordshire.  He founded a famous annual rock festival.  He and his wife were wonderful company and we had several dinners together.  David only wore jeans and a Pink Floyd t-shirt throughout the entire cruise.  Just everyday folk.

Edited by Fletcher

Even the people who are high flyers who cruise SS behave like everyone else and have been gracious and good company 

We have met and dined with a Governor of the Bank of England, A couple of Admirals and Wing Commanders as well as A UK High Commissioner to NZ plus a couple of Australian High Court judges.

But the great majority are just like us. Retired but not rich and just love travelling and in particular cruising.

I am sure you will fit right in.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, drron29 said:

Even the people who are high flyers who cruise SS behave like everyone else and have been gracious and good company.  The great majority are just like us. Retired but not rich and just love travelling and in particular cruising.   I am sure you will fit right in.

Agree strongly with Dr. Ron and all of the other excellent comments and follow-ups.  

You will BOTH meet an interesting variety of experienced people, plus many, many of us "regular folks".  It all works well and comes together nicely.  Most "important" people also nice and approachable.  Right?

As a key tip, the biggest advantage with Silversea is being on a smaller ship where you are able to get to know personally more fellow passengers and helpful staff.  

For food, do not forget that with a day-ahead notice, they are happy to prepare a special meal or taste treat that would not normally be on the menu for that evening.  Don't be shy!!  The staff, assuming they have it in stock, likes "challenges" that allows them to show off their skills, etc.  ASK!!!

One evening for our table of six, we had a variety, family-style, of different Thai tastes and special items prepared and served from that country.  On our 2019 Alaska cruise on the Silver Muse, we invited the author/speaker to dine with us and we all had a special order of Beef Wellington.  Wonderful!!  Need proof?  See the visual evidence below.   Also on that Silver Muse sailing in the Asian dining venue for our group of five, we had a hard time deciding as to what to order.  Solution suggested by our waiter?  Order all of the options and share/enjoy family-style. Super excellent!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 245,913 views.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1172051-livesilver-cloud-norway-coastfjords-july-1-16-reports/

Here was our special order of Beef Wellington when it was not on the regular menu that evening.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see this visual larger/better!)

image.thumb.jpeg.4ac5fc905919d99b1b0054c711b89949.jpeg

• Like 2

You will have a marvelous time! It is not a stuffy atmosphere in the least.  Quite the opposite--very relaxed!

There, of course, the possibility that some passengers will be arrogant, but I've seen that on every cruise I've been on from Royal Caribbean on up.  If you put enough folks in a room, you are bound to get at least one jerk, and even the smallest Silversea ship is a room large enough. 😀

• Like 1

Great info- I'm happy to read this!  We will celebrate our wedding anniversary on an upcoming Silver Moon cruise and hope to to renew our vows in port- nothing too formal.  Due to time constraints in port, I can see the benefit of requesting a celebratory dinner on board  once we leave port.