Voyager of the Seas Entertainment

Grumpella

Does this ship also allow booking entertainment with the App?

I was just wondering because I haven't seen anything yet and we sail March 5th.  Also, the ship is so old, wasn't sure if booking entertainment on the App only applied to the newer ships.

I am looking forward to our first RCCL experience.  Thank you for your help.

4 minutes ago, Grumpella said:

I was just wondering because I haven't seen anything yet and we sail March 5th.  Also, the ship is so old, wasn't sure if booking entertainment on the App only applied to the newer ships.

No pre booking of shows on Voyager, sometimes very rarely rarely tickets are needed for the ice show. Shows are set up so that early diners go to the late shows and late diners go to the early shows. MTD just pick what works best. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Quantum and Oasis classes are the only ones requiring reservations for entertainment, and can only be booked on board.

Shows can now be booked about a month out - that changed a couple of months ago.

21 hours ago, Grumpella said:

I am on sailing with you. No reservations needed on voyager class ships. Age has nothing to do with it. It’s the large oasis and quantum class ships that must be reserved 

Currently finishing leg #1 on our B2B2B on Voyager.   Have not really gone to a lot of the entertainment, the shows are not what you find on the really large ships, but the ice show IMHO was good.  

And yes, no reservations needed.   But do arrive early.  The first ice show of last week was way overcrowded, many pax standing in the back and stairway, we gave up and left.   2nd show of the week, lots of seat available even at starting time.  We had second row seats in front section.  Nice!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Currently finishing leg #1 on our B2B2B on Voyager.   Have not really gone to a lot of the entertainment, the shows are not what you find on the really large ships, but the ice show IMHO was good.  

And yes, no reservations needed.   But do arrive early.  The first ice show of last week was way overcrowded, many pax standing in the back and stairway, we gave up and left.   2nd show of the week, lots of seat available even at starting time.  We had second row seats in front section.  Nice!  

Thank you for posting. We are always going on oasis class ships and love the entertainment. We are expecting the worst with this ship. We are on the march 5th sailing. Are there any comedians? How has food been. Another issue with this ship is having to eat in windjammer for breakfast and lunch. I dislike the windjammer on all Royal ships. I hope you are having a great time. 

• Like 3

This was the entertainment line-up on Voyager when it was doing Canada/NE in the fall. The production shows almost certainly will be the same. The headliner shows almost certainly will not.

• Production Show: "Broadway Rhythm n Rhyme" - good, live musicians
  • Ice Show: "Ice Odyssey"
  • "Love & Soul: A Night with Marcel and Kalliopi" two of the lead singers
  • Frankie and the Dreamers (Four Seasons tribute group) - not as good as December '63
  • Repeat of ice show, didn't go again
  • Production Show: "Music in Pictures" - good, live musicians
  • Al Ducharme (comedian, didn't go)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, renza said:

Thank you for posting. We are always going on oasis class ships and love the entertainment. We are expecting the worst with this ship. We are on the march 5th sailing. Are there any comedians? How has food been. Another issue with this ship is having to eat in windjammer for breakfast and lunch. I dislike the windjammer on all Royal ships. I hope you are having a great time. 

Yes, I believe there was a comedian on the last night in the theater...but we did not go.  Actually just the ice show we have been to.  Will try to do more shows this week.  

Food for us in the MDR (first traditional seating) has been decent, though many are complaining about the intro of the new menu that came out last week.  I am finding interesting new dishes to try, and especially enjoying the nightly Indian food choices, plus a few Vegan dishes...though the separate Vegan menu with a lot more choices (on the app) is no longer available.  Every night is "theme" night now.  

We eat in Chops for breakfast every day, and it has been basically quite good.  Food better than the service sometime.  Lunch has been out and about, since we are very port heavy on these PR cruises.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, renza said:

You have to eat in the windjammer but dislike it and booked anyway ... good thing you are prepared for the worst

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, soccer2010 said:

You have to eat in the windjammer but dislike it and booked anyway ... good thing you are prepared for the worst

Currently on Voyager starting our 2nd leg of our B2B2B.  The MDR is open for breakfast every day, even on port days.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, soccer2010 said:

Yes cruise is almost free through my son. Will try to avoid windjammer everyday. Dining room and specialty restaurants and lunch in port. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Grumpella said:

Is the MDR open for lunch at all? I’m thinking not, since there are no sea days. Thank you.

No, it is not.  Only time was TAD for consecutive cruisers lunch, and will be open ( I assume anyway) for the two sea days we will have next week.  But is open for breakfast every day.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 10:30 AM, island lady said:

Yes, I believe there was a comedian on the last night in the theater...but we did not go.  Actually just the ice show we have been to.  Will try to do more shows this week.  

Food for us in the MDR (first traditional seating) has been decent, though many are complaining about the intro of the new menu that came out last week.  I am finding interesting new dishes to try, and especially enjoying the nightly Indian food choices, plus a few Vegan dishes...though the separate Vegan menu with a lot more choices (on the app) is no longer available.  Every night is "theme" night now.  

We eat in Chops for breakfast every day, and it has been basically quite good.  Food better than the service sometime.  Lunch has been out and about, since we are very port heavy on these PR cruises.  

Can you tell us what kind of theme nights you had? Was it just food or also dress for the occasion? Also I’m guessing they’ve been very strict about not doing substitutions?

25 minutes ago, madawa6 said:

Can you tell us what kind of theme nights you had? Was it just food or also dress for the occasion? Also I’m guessing they’ve been very strict about not doing substitutions?

No one seemed to get into the spirit of "white nights".   Formal nights...meh...a few people dressing to the max, but rare.  The other night was "dress your best".   Just meant less shorts, tank tops, ball caps and "wife beater" t-shirts in the dining room.  😑

Have not tried to do substitutions in the dining room.  Though they are pretty good with helping to change for food allergies