Labadee starting late 2024

Tyro1

To me Labadee or any private island is a “free” and relaxed day similar to a sea day. I wouldn’t book a cruise only because it is going to Labadee, but I’d prefer to go there over Freeport or Nassau. 

We were loyal Royal Caribbean cruises up until ~2019 before moving over to Celebrity, so we've visited Labadee several times, with the most recent time being in December 2019 and the first time being in 2003.

If you're looking for a relaxing beach day, it is great. There are several secluded coves to find a lounger, a well as wide open beaches for sunbathing. We loved the zipline. Labadee definitely doesn't feel like an amusement park, like CocoCay. If you have a drink package, your drinks on the island will be included. 

There are some negatives for me... the food is blah and the experience can feel a bit manufactured, rather than authentic. We like eating at local-owned restaurants, for example. You won't get anything like that at Labadee. 

On 2/4/2023 at 3:01 AM, OnTheJourney said:

What I used to like with RC is the barefoot beach buffet for suite guests. I imagine that’s a thing of the past. Coco Cay buffet was really a bit of a disappointment by comparison. And nothing special for suites anymore. Too Disney-esque compared to Labadee.  

We had a lovely buffet at barefoot beach in December. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

We had a lovely buffet at barefoot beach in December. 

The buffet at Barefoot Beach is better on  RCI than the regular buffet. Don't know about Celebrity because I never did the Barefoot Beach buffet there. The regular buffett at Labadee on Celebrity was better than the regular buffet at Labadee on Royal but that was 5 or so years ago so I can't say if that will be the case in 2024. The buffets are provisioned by the ships. All food is brought from the ship. That is why the buffets are not the same.

Edited by Charles4515

I been to Labadee just once on Celebrity. It was back in 2015 and was on the Silhouette.

I liked it. Did the boat tour they offered. It was nice and relaxing. Also did the zip-line they had.  It was good, reasonably long and thrilling. What I liked about the zip line it went across the water, so no fear of the line snapping and  me landing on land 🙂

I did not partake of the buffet. Cannot comment on that. Just had a beer.

6 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Parent Royal is currently developing a beach club on the Western end of Paradise Island that will offer an in-house option when visiting Nassau.  Unsure just when it will open and whether there will be an additional charge.

It’ll be an additional charge. I know in an interview they mentioned that it’ll fit less than the capacity of their ships. So I wonder if celebrity ships will even be offered to go there or not. 

15 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Parent Royal is currently developing a beach club on the Western end of Paradise Island that will offer an in-house option when visiting Nassau.  Unsure just when it will open and whether there will be an additional charge.

I hope so and that Celebrity can use it too.  Visiting Nassau is a wasted port for me.  Good day to stay on ship.

• Like 1