Saint Greg's Magic Super Bowl cruise - Live - February 11-19

Saint Greg

On 2/17/2023 at 6:32 PM, Saint Greg said:

On the way back tbey played music and poured rum punch.

80E3BA60-FC22-4384-8E90-6B89FF0E2005.jpeg

Why is the alcohol always only served on the return trip? I can understand if you are snorkeling or doing another activity, that they want to wait until the activity is over, but why can’t one enjoy a cocktail while sitting passively in a boat observing whales??

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, pcrum said:

Wow! I had no idea there were whales in the Caribbean. I did a whale watching excursion in Juneau, but did not realize they were in the Caribbean. 

apparently they come here to mate this time of year. What we saw was a mother and a baby. Mostly the baby.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, pcrum said:

Why is the alcohol always only served on the return trip? I can understand if you are snorkeling or doing another activity, that they want to wait until the activity is over, but why can’t one enjoy a cocktail while sitting passively in a boat observing whales??

In this case it was a pretty rough ride out there. One person got sick as it was. And the bathroom on that boat is such that nobody wanted to use it. Now the double decker party boat I went on in cabo the alcohol was flowing they entire time.

• Like 8

21 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

One of the dancers was doing a pole dance during my dinner. 🤣

Lol.  My 28 year old daughter and I did a Celebrity cruise in December. I joked with her that we would not be seeing how “low” the waiters could go during the dinner service. She was genuinely disappointed that the waiters would not be dancing to “Low, Low, Low” or any other song during our cruise. She has 2 Carnival cruises booked this year, so the dancing does appeal to some! 😊

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I need to figure out what to do tomorrow. I have a really late flight. Like 5pm. I was hoping they would have some kind of excursion like Miami does. But they don’t. All they have is airport transfers. 

I looked into doing something on my own but didn’t see anything great and the logistics stink with my suitcase.

I think my options are use some of my OBC on a transfer. 9:30 is the latest one I can book. And spend the day at the airport..probably working on my website. Or stay on the ship until last call. And maybe by then the nearest restaurant is open for lunch. And maybe since it’s so close to the port they won’t mind my suitcase. Then I can wait for an optimal time to take an Uber/Lyft to the airport.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Use a bagb&b and go do what you want. 

• Like 1

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it but Lenny Schmidt is the best comedian of the cruise for me. I’m very excited because i was struggling for someone worthy the first three cruises last year. Worthy of what? I’ve been doing a “best of” for a couple years so that’s always on my mind. Who is in the lead so far.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it but Lenny Schmidt is the best comedian of the cruise for me. I’m very excited because i was struggling for someone worthy the first three cruises last year. Worthy of what? I’ve been doing a “best of” for a couple years so that’s always on my mind. Who is in the lead so far.

I think Carnival has also been struggling with who is worthy as well. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, allinwonderland said:

I had Lenny Schmidt on my Panorama cruise in January and he was very good. But my favorite comedian from that trip was Eric Blake. Hopefully you can see him sometime (if you haven't already)

Saw Eric Blake on the Radiance. Really funny guy. Was impressed he pronounced Sequim right.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, pcrum said:

I like a beurre blanc sauce.  You can also serve it with a dill sauce or glaze it with miso or maple syrup. 

I’ll have to see the next time I go to a place that I get it at. I’ve here had a sauce on salmon. Maybe it’s there and I haven’t put it on.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1