Coco Cay Prices !

CGBanks

We are sailing on The Wonder of the Seas in December and we are looking forward to Coco Cay. We are considering the Beach Club but at $235/pp we are not sure it’s worth it.  Would appreciate hearing from others who booked the Beach Club with your cost and experience there. Thanks so much !

Cindy 

• Like 1

In my opinion (and that means nothing), there is no way we would spend nearly $500 just to be at the beach club.

Loungers/umbrellas are plentiful on all of the other beaches. The complimentary pool is quite large.

The snack shack, and the buffet are enjoyable. If you want slightly different lunch, you can pay a few dollars and get some bar food at Captain Jack’s.  

Plus,  in December, unless the beach club pool is heated,  it may be too chilly to enjoy. 

With  all this said, we’ve been to the beach club right after it opened. It was a nice day and in our opinion not worth more than $50 pp. 

These prices are crazy. Are people actually paying them?  

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 3

DH and I went to the beach club in December (we were on Anthem). I enjoyed it, but I wouldn’t pay over $100pp. We were fortunate to get it during the Black Friday sale for $89pp. It was a very nice lunch, quiet area. My husband enjoyed snorkeling on the beach while I enjoyed the pool. We’re got there early enough to get one of the day beds near the pool. It was nice, but certainly not worth $200+ pp. 

• Like 3

Guest phd1003

If I were paying that price I wouldn't want to explore the island or do other possible excursions. It kind of forces you to stay planted in one place or you basically wasted money.  That's just me.

1 hour ago, CGBanks said:

We are sailing on The Wonder of the Seas in December and we are looking forward to Coco Cay. We are considering the Beach Club but at $235/pp we are not sure it’s worth it.  Would appreciate hearing from others who booked the Beach Club with your cost and experience there. Thanks so much !

Cindy, no it is not worth $235. CocoCay has lots and lots and lots and lots of free loungers and umbrellas. And it is a beach day, so a picnic buffet is more than sufficient. 

I posted some photos of the Beach Club starting at Post #117 below. We've been there a couple of times after the restart because I was recovering from knee surgery and could get from the gangway to the club on a cart, then a short walk to the beach, food, and pool. 

We also spent a few days on Chill Beach where it is equally easy to get cart service from the gangway to Chill Beach. A bit further to walk between the beach and food and bar. But was o.k. 

• Like 1

I agree, when we bought ours Sept. of '21 it was $58.99 pp.  That was worth it, but now, not so much, in December we just hung out at the Oasis Pool...the only thing we missed was the Fried Lobster Sandwich, not worth $200!  After getting it on sale I wouldn't even pay $100pp

OMG I just checkedour ICON Sept. '24 and its:

Coco Beach Club — Full Day Pass

Day 7 - Perfect Day Cococay, Bahamas

From

$283.99 / per adult
$299.00 onboard
$264.99 / per child
$279.00 onboard
Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cutigerlady said:

The pool is heated and we loved it in December. It was so windy, but that area seems protected and it wasn’t as chilly as the rest of the island.  I got it for less than $200 per person and would definitely go again. 

That is good to know.  The last time we were there was in February 2022 and the pool was NOT heated.

M

Black friday for our spring break oasis cruise it walk so called half price at $159 pp. We had the same discussion was it was $159. Even at $159 only a few were willing to break the bank for the lobster lunch. 

I say this about everything lately omg it's how much. $19 for 6 nothing items at the store just now. How much? I thought I heard wrong.

I cant believe how much the price of cruises went up to. How much is chops? .. and lobster is now extra. I'd go to chops instead and skip this lobster lunch. Lots of nice places to see the ocean. I'm looking forward to the free lunch. I heard they have good funnel cakes and something. Last time I went was a zillion years ago and they had bbq. Have not been since. Will see the new coco cay next month. 

Buy more rcl stock. Seems like earnings must be up. 

$89 Dec 03 2022 

It was a price we were able to book for a few of our future cruises as well .

There was a thread when this price was advertised and a lot of folks grabbed multiple slots 

We enjoy the food and the pool we also like to snag a day bed near Bar (free)

We would not pay more than $110 not worth it to us

Happy Days!

The day bed nicely placed by the bar, loved it 

80781C59-520E-4707-8B10-3EAF7801AA75.jpeg

31193EED-D84F-4B2C-9A9D-37B7BE9E2B22.jpeg

235011A2-4871-4BA6-B543-9FB52D6D1FF8.jpeg

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, CGBanks said:

We are sailing on The Wonder of the Seas in December and we are looking forward to Coco Cay. We are considering the Beach Club but at $235/pp we are not sure it’s worth it.

The is it "worth it" part of your question is going to garner a lot of opinion, everyone's value in any vacation related purchase is going to be different.  For our upcoming March cruise on the Wonder it was routinely priced at $269pp I was shocked and just kept an eye on it.  It did lower to $149pp on Black Friday and we did purchase it even though I felt it was overpriced, was hoping for $99pp but it never got that low.  The main reason we wanted it was that the Odyssey will be in port that day as well.  Not everyone on the 2 ships will visit the island but we felt the beach club would be less crowded, it has been sold out for our cruise since Black Friday.  We also have some friends who are taking this cruise now and they wanted to do it so we made the purchase.  It is also our anniversary that day.  So it is worth it?  To us for those reasons it is, but we did probably overpay which really in the grand scheme of our vacation is not that big of a deal, we tend to overspend on a lot of our vacation purchases.  I will say just about every option to purchase for this cruise has really been more expensive than the past but so is everything.

Consider your no-cost options:  A lounger at one of 3-4 beaches or at the pool.  Burgers, chicken sandwiches or tacos for lunch.  The ocean.  With all that for no cost, what value are you really getting at the Beach Club?  

If you want the lobster, it'd be cheaper to order it for dinner in the MDR.  

Personally, I'd be willing to pay $25 for the Beach Club.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Consider your no-cost options:  A lounger at one of 3-4 beaches or at the pool.  Burgers, chicken sandwiches or tacos for lunch.  The ocean.  With all that for no cost, what value are you really getting at the Beach Club?  

If you want the lobster, it'd be cheaper to order it for dinner in the MDR.  

Personally, I'd be willing to pay $25 for the Beach Club.  

But you can’t eat lobster in the MDR wearing a bikini and flip flops 😉

• Haha 4