Prima live February 12-19, 2023

cml4958

27 minutes ago, maggieq said:

Was he on the encore in 2019 at the mojito/ rum bar?

Yes in 2019 until the shutdown in March 2020.

He has been on Prima since the beginning and must be one of the last ones to leave.  Some on the ship have had their vacations and are already back on board with a new contract. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cml4958 said:

Nice day at GSC. Waters got rough after my tender and the next tender had a woman who got caught in a rope and pulled her arm out of socket and they were doing CPR on another gentleman. Puke all over the place.

WOW. That's awful.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cml4958 said:

Nice day at GSC. Waters got rough after my tender and the next tender had a woman who got caught in a rope and pulled her arm out of socket and they were doing CPR on another gentleman. Puke all over the place.

Sorry for the bad experience and glad you are safe. Posters on the other social media site also described a harrowing day on the tenders today.

2 hours ago, cml4958 said:

Wow - happy to hear your tender went well & you enjoyed your day.  
Sad to hear about the other accidents/incidents. 
Hope everyone is OK & feeling better. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cml4958 said:

We had a tender once in Corfu, not usually a tender port but there were 3 ships and 2 docks. The waters got a little rough and one person fell directly onto his elbow despite being held by a crew member. I remember being very thankful it was not my DW since she had once fallen on ice and had her elbow broken and now had a plate in it. If she had fallen on that elbow her scream would have been heard all throughout Greece. 

In Jamaica I went to Bamboo Bay. It was a 45 minute drive and okay. The drinks were weak. Lunch was included with the VIP and it was okay as well. Nothing really to rave about.  And when we headed back from f course we had to stop by a shopping mall 

• Like 2

Back home in St Louis after a long day of travel.  I was scheduled to fly out of Orlando at 6:41 pm to Washington, DC.  About an hour layover in DC and then on to St Louis arriving at roughly midnight.  I was able to catch an earlier flight out of Orlando but could not from DC to STL. So I hung out in the DC airport for about 6 hours.

There was quite a bit of drama on my flight from Orlando to DC.  This family boarded late and they were trying to get out of the gate and on their way so an FA came up behind and asked them to quickly stow items so they could leave gate.  One of the females in the party barked back something or another in Spanish. Black, male FA said he didn't speak Spanish.  Family finally settled but more most of been said because as we were taxying to runway, we had to return to gate.  Family would not leave the plane so we all had to leave the plane.  They finally got off and were speaking to police officers while we got back on the plane.  I heard from another passenger that she called one of the flight attendant a f-ing b.  I didn't hear but wow, you listen to the flight attendants. They can make or break your day.  Another passenger told me they were blacklisted from American but for obvious reasons, I don't know if that's true.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cml4958 said:

Back home in St Louis after a long day of travel.  I was scheduled to fly out of Orlando at 6:41 pm to Washington, DC.  About an hour layover in DC and then on to St Louis arriving at roughly midnight.  I was able to catch an earlier flight out of Orlando but could not from DC to STL. So I hung out in the DC airport for about 6 hours.

There was quite a bit of drama on my flight from Orlando to DC.  This family boarded late and they were trying to get out of the gate and on their way so an FA came up behind and asked them to quickly stow items so they could leave gate.  One of the females in the party barked back something or another in Spanish. Black, male FA said he didn't speak Spanish.  Family finally settled but more most of been said because as we were taxying to runway, we had to return to gate.  Family would not leave the plane so we all had to leave the plane.  They finally got off and were speaking to police officers while we got back on the plane.  I heard from another passenger that she called one of the flight attendant a f-ing b.  I didn't hear but wow, you listen to the flight attendants. They can make or break your day.  Another passenger told me they were blacklisted from American but for obvious reasons, I don't know if that's true.

Obviously not a great way to end your cruise vacation, but glad you are home safe. And thank you for the review (especially finding dance lessons on the daily 😊)

If you get a chance not that the cruise is over, maybe you could give your thoughts on what was best and worst about the Prima.

• Like 1

Up and moving after a late night.  My pup Phan was excited to see me after her rough week.  Not sure if I mentioned the drama here at home while I was heading to Orlando and boarding ship.  My other dog, Milo, was picked up by animal control for biting my neighbor.  Animal control takes picked up animals to the shelter that I adopted him from and I know he will be taken care of, so no worries there.  But Phan I guess saw all this happen so understandably, was really excited to see me home.  I get to pick up Milo on Thursday so will be happy to see him then. Phan gets a little alone time with me. 

I'm working on unpacking and will try and get dailies scanned today.

• Like 9

I was on the Prima, February 12-19, solo in a club balcony suite.  On embarkation day, after a pleasant lunch at Hudson’s MDR, I went to the CruiseNext desk. I mentioned that some of the restaurants and all of the entertainment I wanted to see were “sold out.”  On the spot, the CruiseNext manager 1.  booked me for the restaurants I wanted at the times I wanted; 2.  booked me for the entertainment performances I wanted; 3.  booked me for the Latitudes ship tour; 4. booked me for the Latitudes dinner with officers; 5.  Booked me for the Latitudes wine tasting and party; and 6.  gave me a Saphire-level Latitudes pin.  I was very pleased.

Incidentally, at the enjoyable Meet and Great, the Cruise Director also offered to make reservations for those encountering problems.

FYI, an XL Uber from an Orlando airport hotel to ship side was under $60 before tip.  That’s about the same as the far less comfortable or convenient NCL transfer for two people.  I highly recommend it.

Edited by FLAHAM
  • Like 5

41 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

I was on the Prima, February 12-19, solo in a club balcony suite.  On embarkation day, after a pleasant lunch at Hudson’s MDR, I went to the CruiseNext desk. I mentioned that some of the restaurants and all of the entertainment I wanted to see were “sold out.”  On the spot, the CruiseNext manager 1.  booked me for the restaurants I wanted at the times I wanted; 2.  booked me for the entertainment performances I wanted; 3.  booked me for the Latitudes ship tour; 4. booked me for the Latitudes dinner with officers; 5.  Booked me for the Latitudes wine tasting and party; and 6.  gave me a Saphire-level Latitudes pin.  I was very pleased.

Incidentally, at the enjoyable Meet and Great, the Cruise Director also offered to make reservations for those encountering problems.

FYI, an XL Uber from an Orlando airport hotel to ship side was under $60 before tip.  That’s about the same as the far less comfortable or convenient NCL transfer for two people.  I highly recommend it.

Would you happen to have his\her name? 
Thanks

F

1 hour ago, cheersforbeers said:

Would you happen to have his\her name? 
Thanks

He was the CruiseNext assistant manager.  I should have gotten his name to thank him, but I didn’t.  Sorry.

Edited by FLAHAM

Fabian Flores did the Solo Cruisers Meetup at 5 pm and had trivia for us most nights.  He has a wonderful personality and this was his second cruise doing the solo meetups. Highly recommend if you are cruising by yourself to attend these meetups as he can sometimes get you into shows and this is supposed to be an issue for many on this ship as they don't realize they can be booked in advance.

I found a lot of first time cruisers on this ship in comparison to my last cruise.  And one couple had bid their way up to the Haven and didn't realize what he had booked.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, cml4958 said:

Fabian Flores did the Solo Cruisers Meetup at 5 pm and had trivia for us most nights.  He has a wonderful personality and this was his second cruise doing the solo meetups. 

Trying to understand---was this trivia just for solo cruisers, or did he do most of the ship's trivia contests?