Gluten - Free Foods

Just off Navigator and one of the main stations in the WJ was designated GF.

There was also one or an area for GF on Jewel, Serenade and Explorer this past year.

Edited by Ashland

There are also certain items that are available on request only. Snickerdoodle cookies at Promenade cafe, select GF bread and rolls, pasta in the Windjammer or MDR, french toast and pancakes in the MDR and pizza at Sorrento's. DH is celiac and has good results on most Royal ships.

Barb

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

Just off Navigator and one of the main stations in the WJ was designated GF.

There was also one or an area for GF on Jewel, Serenade and Explorer this past year.

That's great to know! I will be planning a cruise, just not sure which ship yet. I hope the GF option is fleet wide. Thank you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, barb in ga said:

There are also certain items that are available on request only. Snickerdoodle cookies at Promenade cafe, select GF bread and rolls, pasta in the Windjammer or MDR, french toast and pancakes in the MDR and pizza at Sorrento's. DH is celiac and has good results on most Royal ships.

Barb

Fantastic! Thank you! 

Be careful of the designated GF buffet line.  Everyone uses it and I have often seen people touch gluten containing items on their plate with the spoons.  I tend to ask for fresh items from the kitchen.  Also there will be many other options on the buffet that are actually gf if you ask a chef.  What they have in the gf section is often limited.  I prefer when they don’t have it to be honest.   The best bread on the ship is Audis bengals but they are like gold dust 😂

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2023 at 7:17 PM, earn said:

Be careful of the designated GF buffet line.  Everyone uses it and I have often seen people touch gluten containing items on their plate with the spoons.  I tend to ask for fresh items from the kitchen.  Also there will be many other options on the buffet that are actually gf if you ask a chef.  What they have in the gf section is often limited.  I prefer when they don’t have it to be honest.   The best bread on the ship is Audis bengals but they are like gold dust 😂

Thank you! That's good to know..

Definitely ask for fresh food from the WJ. They made fresh fries for me when I asked if they were GF. The Cafe promenade is spotty on offerings.  Sorrento’s has a gf crust, they will make you a fresh pizza, I’m not sure if you are simply intolerant vs severely allergic, but I had very good luck talking to the headwaiter each night. We developed an instant rapport! Good luck. 

I'm also celiac.  Unfortunately, I've only experienced a gluten-free section in the Windjammer buffet on the smaller ships.  The biggest Royal ships have specific gluten-free items but they are next to regular food.

I always bring a lot of my favorite prepackaged snacks with me on cruises (and in my carryon for flight days.)