Best Princess "Sale"!

trrn2016

Hi,

We are planning on rebooking  a British Isles Cruise in 2024 that was cancelled twice during Covid. Currently Princess has "Best Sale Ever". Would like to hear opinions about what Princess sale you think is the best! Thanks so much.

We had 3 cancellations during Covid, so certainly understand your concerns in all things relating to a new booking. Having watched the sales for years now, it doesn't seem to matter much. We booked one cruise during a so-called Best Sale Ever and it actually had less OBC offered than the previous sale, but the price was changed to compensate.

In the larger sense, if you see a favorite cabin you like, as we did, (discovered a cancellation) also in our case, we discovered a great immersion program would be onboard, its time to book. If that amounted to a few dollars, then YOLO.

We've done one cruise since restart and you may notice some belt tightening onboard, and some shoreside excursion operators are no longer operating. If you look beyond the small things, its still great to get out there. Enjoy!

• Like 3

We have learned to book ASAP what you want, because you can always "change" to a better deal if it improves!I

We keep an eye on the rates and have saved a ton of money. It is just a phone call away. This way, you get the cabin you really want!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, trrn2016 said:

Hi,

We are planning on rebooking  a British Isles Cruise in 2024 that was cancelled twice during Covid. Currently Princess has "Best Sale Ever". Would like to hear opinions about what Princess sale you think is the best! Thanks so much.

Just book it, Danno.  Then watch for any fare drops and act accordingly up until Final Payment Date.

• Like 2

I agree, the deals all seem to be the same in the end, unless you're in a position to be able to take advantage of last minute "drop everything and go" deals. We just booked Alaska at over 500 days out to get a cabin we liked, which is by far the farthest out we've ever booked. I figure prices will likely go up before they go down, so we might as well get that dream cabin while we can.

Edited by Pohra
  • Like 1

I am wondering - if this is the best sale ever - what will the next one be ???  Since the best sale ever and the one before it raised the price of our Feb 2024 cruise by $2,000 I'm anxious to see what's next....

• Haha 1

I booked my June Alaska cruise tour back last August and have not had any reduction since then. One time, I saw the fare dropped $500 so I called Princess. They reviewed my original reservation, but determined the total cost was no different due to price increases in other areas of my reservation.

So if you're planning to cruise on a popular trip during a popular season and want to have your best choice of cabin and excursions, I would reserve as soon as possible and expect that the cost may not change at all in this first essentially post COVID year.

On 2/9/2023 at 6:24 PM, nini said:

We have learned to book ASAP what you want, because you can always "change" to a better deal if it improves!I

We keep an eye on the rates and have saved a ton of money. It is just a phone call away. This way, you get the cabin you really want!

Yes, I am quoting myself. After booking the cabin we wanted when the itineraries were released... we just re-priced our cabin with a considerable savings.

YAY!!!!!😆

In our experience, the best fares are usually when the cruise is first released.  Pre-covid fares rarely went down from when the cruise was first released.

And now we are definitely seeing cruise capacity returning to pre-covid numbers.  

On 2/15/2023 at 8:18 PM, nini said:

Yes, I am quoting myself. After booking the cabin we wanted when the itineraries were released... we just re-priced our cabin with a considerable savings.

YAY!!!!!😆

Thanks for the heads up!  Your post made me notice the date and went and looked at our booking for this fall.  The last few times it was more than the original booking price, but today it was over $410 off along with $100 more OBC.  So about another $510 total, I am very happy today!  

1 hour ago, 13cheermom said:

Thanks for the heads up!  Your post made me notice the date and went and looked at our booking for this fall.  The last few times it was more than the original booking price, but today it was over $410 off along with $100 more OBC.  So about another $510 total, I am very happy today!  

I am glad that helped!

We’re booked on the SA/Antarctica for next Feb., actually booked it over a year ago. I infrequently check the fares and noticed just this week that it had come down some. Went on Princess chat and re-fared with same OBC. Posted same on our Roll Call! 😎 Quite happy!