The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday February 11th, 2023

cat shepard

9 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good cold and sunny morning. 
Today is the first ox roast of the year at Witmer Fire Company in Lancaster County. According to their Facebook page, they have made over 2 thousand pounds of beef for today. Still drive thru only. Gates open at 11am. I love supporting a worthy cause.

Sounds wonderful!  Bless you for supporting good causes.  Great minds think alike 😉 

8 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Just spoke with BFF. The patriarch of his family in Germany (his Uncle) was just diagnosed with cancer, and may not make it to our visit in May. So sad. He and his wife were so welcoming to me on my first visit in 2003. Sadly she died in 2017, but we were able to make a special visit to see her before she passed. Although he didn't speak much English, he seemed to understand things, and we got on well. He always sent greetings to me when BFF talked to him on the phone.

Oh so very sorry to hear this Vanessa 😔 Your BFF is lucky to have you as support 👍. I know the odds are slim but I will pray you can both see him before his end (as long as he isn’t suffering) 🙏🏻 

7 hours ago, marshhawk said:

but they switched it to another system, and we are working less, because a computer dials, and if it get na (no answer) it goes to the next dial card.  Since most people no longer have house phones but they are listed as the first number, we are missing a lot of people who are cell phone only. 

That’s stupid Vanessa.  I can tell when I get a robocall (that’s what I call them).  I’m not sitting on hold waiting for someone to pitch me something. I hang up and don’t answer. Calling yourself seems much more effective to me, but what do I know?

6 hours ago, durangoscots said:

My lab results came back yesterday afternoon. All was good or

improved.

Yay 👏 good to hear 👍 

6 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

We're getting lots of photos from DD of the new kitties -- no names yet!  Last night went well,  the cats seem to have settled in quickly.  Each of the boys had a cat in his bed again.  DD said to hear the sound of purrs in the house again was so good. 🙂  Cannot wait to meet them tomorrow.

Aww -so nice that the kitties have settled in so fast and are loved ♥️ 

4 hours ago, richwmn said:

I use a partially automated process for moving the quotes into the database that generates the Daily each day. Every now and then something slips thru.

No worries at all, Rich.  I have the same problem with my spreadsheets - on occasion google burps 😬. We are most gratefulf for your work and wonderful data base.  👍 Thank you.

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Well I survived the zoom meeting, but not the job.  We all got laid off, turns out the management thought that more people in Houston had more money than they did. 

Well DAMN.  that’s beyond stupid 😡  I hope your wonderful boss can help 🙏🏻 

2 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Good afternoon,

I will keep this short as it has been a rough day. Block has definitely wore off. Bon voyage to all and prayers for those on care list. 
Lorraine

Darn Lorraine- so sorry 😔. Take your meds and get on top of it if you can.  Sadly, those blocks don’t last near long enough 😞 - at least, not IMO

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Here's a slightly closer view:Sandi.thumb.jpg.e2bed59fd515ef586515e3042304bb94.jpg

2 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Bon Voyage Sandi. Many thanks too! 

857BF27D-D108-473C-85C3-7F228085A2C2.png

Thanks both for the fabulous screenshots 🙂 

1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

Good afternoon.  We’re doing our first overnight babysitting for DD’s two children (four-year-old and five-month baby).  DD and DSIL are going with a group to Temecula for wine-tasting.  

Good luck with the babysitting 🤞 Hopefully it’s a lot of fun & not too challenging.  In any case, I suspect it will be tiring 😉 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Many of the cruise promotions that I receive are off the beam, especially from HAL. The longest cruise that I've ever taken on HAL or any cruise line so far was 7 days; I have a 14-day booking on the Oosterdam but it's not until the fall.

The latest is "Up to $4,110 Bonus on Grand Voyages." Now, $4,100 is the amount that I might spend on an entire trip, not one where the fare is such that they can offer that kind of bonus. (They know that I don't live in Houston.)

I  wish that I could have attended the synagogue in person last night and this morning. Last night was Religion and Science Shabbat, for which I was the organizer. I did introduce the speaker over Zoom, but fortunately the speaker couldn't take umbrage at my absence, because of being on pre-recorded video. And this morning one of my adult students was celebrating as a bat mitzvah.

19127924_multiculturalwedding.jpg.70086eed3e7a6ebcb026279e14e9b854.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 9

Good afternoon all,

Not sure if I have any pictures of Cape Horn on my iCloud account. Will check later. For now, wanted to share a recipe I just made from Food and Wine magazine: short bread margarita cookies. Somehow they made me think of you all. 😉

https://www.foodandwine.com/margarita-shortbread-with-tequila-lime-glaze-6826373?print

There’s enough glaze left over to ice a lemon Bundt cake.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

We had a change of plan today, we went to meet our grand kitties today instead of tomorrow!

Apparently the boys wanted to stay home with them instead of doing the day of skiing they had planned, so when DD asked if we wanted to come today I said yes!

5F8F3514-4F21-4F18-BE46-03E89B375A46.thumb.jpeg.e3c322c7192627ba9007f69e2b91bf3a.jpeg

4B2BA728-07EE-42EF-B4C3-C4DEBF26A30D.thumb.jpeg.f1134608c38f6695c6d2d251b57f33a3.jpeg

D2DC5ACA-FB21-4998-8394-19B3E7791006.thumb.jpeg.d794e45fb4aaad98e1a864316fd55135.jpeg

They are adorable Carolyn!  Are they siblings?  Do they have names yet?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

They are adorable Carolyn!  Are they siblings?  Do they have names yet?

Yes they are brother and sister, rescue cats. The grey one is a girl and the black one is a boy.  He's bigger than her but she holds her own!  No names yet!  Lots of ideas but nothing chosen yet.  

56 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@Cruising-alongYour new grand cats are just beautiful.  I am sure names will be announced shortly. In the book Tail Chasers Song, legend has it that a cat has three names.  The name a human gives it, a name that the cat chooses for itself, and the name it will answer to.

I love that legend! 

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 7