Select dining reservations for Luminae?

wonton

I have tried using the app to prearrange some dining times for an upcoming Equinox cruise. The app only shows Silhouette as my option and not Luminae. We are suite guests. I called Celebrity and was told we couldn’t prearrange any dinner reservations. Thoughts?

Luminae (& Blu for Aqua guests) do not accept reservations, just turn up when you want and you will be seated as soon as possible.

In Luminae we never had to wait more than a couple of mins.

Edited by Mark_T
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The app is usually screwed up so just ignore.  If you are in a Suite you are in Luminae.  No reservation system in place for Luminae.   Just show up whenever your with to dine.  On rare occasions there may be a wait.   Same with Blu.

On a really "Rare" Cruise -  we always eat late (close to 9PM).   The Blu Manger seemed really upset and I asked him about it.   He said this has never happened to me before but 85% of my guests were lined up outside Blu when we opened.    I had to hand out Beepers because we couldn't' accommodate everyone.  He said he was afraid his reviews on survey were going to be terrible.

We try to eat around the same time each evening, so when we arrive in Luminae for lunch on embarkation day, we ask the host/hostess or Maitre’d for a 6:30 table each night.  If we decide to eat elsewhere we give them as much heads up as possible.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

That’s right.  Luminae does not take reservations.  It is all open seating.

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

We try to eat around the same time each evening, so when we arrive in Luminae for lunch on embarkation day, we ask the host/hostess or Maitre’d for a 6:30 table each night.  If we decide to eat elsewhere we give them as much heads up as possible.  

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

We follow the same type of pattern.  We eat dinner at 8:00 pm so we advise the Maitre D' we will be there by that time each evening; lunch is usually 1:00 p.m. for us.  We like a table by the window, so we accept that we may have to wait; rarely more than 5 minutes; if longer, , we sit nearby & enjoy the music or go into the Retreat Lounge and chat with the bartender until the Maitre D' says a window table is available.

Party of 3. Never had to wait for a table at Luminae more than a couple of minutes on any of our cruises. (albeit I have only enjoyed it on Solstice class ships, haven't been on Edge series yet.)

Was on Equinox this summer, the staff at Luminae is fabulous. 

Was on Apex in October. Never had to wait. If our ‘usual’ table & our servers weren’t available they sat us elsewhere. We did notice we were sat in the same area of Luminae for the 3 sittings. Often had a window table especially if I was on my own at breakfast. 

8 hours ago, wineoclock said:

Was on Apex in October. Never had to wait. If our ‘usual’ table & our servers weren’t available they sat us elsewhere. We did notice we were sat in the same area of Luminae for the 3 sittings. Often had a window table especially if I was on my own at breakfast. 

That has been our experience as well.  Always sat at the same table or one very close to it and had the same servers, except one time when there were no tables available in our usual area. 

• Like 1