Temperatures on Riviera in public areas and staterooms

SSFrance69

Hi all,

Just curious for those of you who have sailed on Riviera recently how the temperatures are in the public areas on the ship. Chilly or hot? Also what about the cabins ... specifically standard verandah cabins on deck 7 aft.

Many thanks

12 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

Hi all,

Just curious for those of you who have sailed on Riviera recently how the temperatures are in the public areas on the ship. Chilly or hot? Also what about the cabins ... specifically standard verandah cabins on deck 7 aft.

Many thanks

Restaurants I always take a light weight jacket..cabins you can adjust yourself..

Jacruz1

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

Hi all,

Many thanks

Wet were always comfortable no matter where we went.  No jackets/sweaters needed.

• Like 1

To me this is like food questions. It's varies so much from person to person. Some folks are always hot, some are always freezing. 

Some rooms the system works better than others. Also depends on the weather where you're at. Can also depend on if someone in your area is one of those that likes to keep their balcony door open. 

• Like 6

How’s this for a reply?

If the sun is blazing into the aft of the PG and Toscana, even with the shades drawn, it will be quite warm, maybe even hot. However, in an attempt to cool it down, the blaring air conditioning has it uncomfortably cold in the front part of said restaurants.

This condition varies based on direction of the sun and if it’s cloudy. 

So, in your opinion, are the restaurants warm or cool? As Jancruz suggests, I always take a jacket, and my DW a sweater, which we may or may not wear once there.

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 1

Ever since Renaissance days many people would complain that the dining rooms in particular were cold.  I have never found them to be so.  So I guess it is true that different people react differently to room temps.  As Jan said, you can adjust the temperature in your room. You can't do that in public areas.  So if you are sensitive to being cold in those areas, bring something to put on should you need it.

Mura

• Like 2

Is this 1st world princesses and peas problems? I mean, has anyone gone to a doctor's office? Or a restaurant? The mall? Suddenly people don't know how to regulate their own temperature with clothing that can come on or off? While taking into account where you are on the globe at what time of year. We had no problems with temperatures in our rooms or public areas on Riviera (W. Caribbean, 12/2021) or on Sirena (E. Caribbean, 11/2022).

On the Riviera in January we were always comfortable inside the main areas. On other cruises I always needed a sweater or jacket inside but not this cruise. I did notice during the night it seemed they turned the AC off and it got extremely warm in the cabin every night. The down comforters are just too much for this and made it very uncomfortable. Cannot blame someone who opened the balcony doors at this point for fresh air.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wookie78 said:

On the Riviera in January we were always comfortable inside the main areas. On other cruises I always needed a sweater or jacket inside but not this cruise. I did notice during the night it seemed they turned the AC off and it got extremely warm in the cabin every night. The down comforters are just too much for this and made it very uncomfortable. Cannot blame someone who opened the balcony doors at this point for fresh air.

I tend to think it's people that are sleeping with the balcony doors open that is causing it to be hot in the middle of the night. Some newer cruise ships have the technology that shuts your system off when you open the balcony door. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wookie78 said:

yes  seems to happen on every O cruise we have been on

had the a/c way down  & still woke up seating  then about  5am  the cold air returns

• Like 3

It all depends on your cruise. So everyone is correct, Caribbean is one thing but Antarctica or the Med in Summer or Asia, etc.  Layers work and carrying along a covering can be quite helpful for the ladies. About 3:00 a.m. the Stateroom does get warm, AC seems to be shut off.  We often have the Down Comforter exchanged immediately unless we are in a cold climate, too warm otherwise. If the AC unit adjustments on the wall do not work for you, tell your Steward to have Maintenance adjust the vents, sometimes it is required. Just know, there is probably NO perfect setting in your room, you may have to adjust it by time of day and the restaurants and public areas can vary with temperatures so be flexible. 
Mauibabes

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LHT28 said:

yes  seems to happen on every O cruise we have been on

had the a/c way down  & still woke up seating  then about  5am  the cold air returns

This is part of their “green initiative”. Every night the engines are cut down or cut off and they float about for a couple of hours. As well as the stateroom becoming warm, you can feel the increased motion with only the thrusters working or low forward power to orient the ship in the best possible way to the waves.

‘This was reported in the thread about decreased port time.

56 minutes ago, Robjame said:

This is part of their “green initiative”. Every night the engines are cut down or cut off and they float about for a couple of hours. As well as the stateroom becoming warm, you can feel the increased motion with only the thrusters working or low forward power to orient the ship in the best possible way to the waves.

‘This was reported in the thread about decreased port time.

This  has happened for years  back before  the O class ships were built not new

We have been on OV cabins & sweating in the wee hours of the morning  ..