"No Show" when boarding Ovation...question

CCC's

Made booking on Ovation, large Oceanview room for 3 persons, pre Covid.  RCI cancelled and rescheduled 3 times, but finally will be sailing (March 2023 for 8 day cruise within Aust waters.  Problem is- 2 of the passengers will not be coming on cruise for various reasons and therefore only one pax will be embarking on cruise.  Cruise was fully paid back in Dec 2022.  My question is... do I just turn up at OPT and notify them at that time I will be the only pax going on board.  Will they stop me from boarding and/or  will I have to pay any "extra" fees because I am now travelling SOLO ?  Thank you for any advice on the matter.

12 minutes ago, CCC's said:

Made booking on Ovation, large Oceanview room for 3 persons, pre Covid.  RCI cancelled and rescheduled 3 times, but finally will be sailing (March 2023 for 8 day cruise within Aust waters.  Problem is- 2 of the passengers will not be coming on cruise for various reasons and therefore only one pax will be embarking on cruise.  Cruise was fully paid back in Dec 2022.  My question is... do I just turn up at OPT and notify them at that time I will be the only pax going on board.  Will they stop me from boarding and/or  will I have to pay any "extra" fees because I am now travelling SOLO ?  Thank you for any advice on the matter.

I did a no show a couple of weeks ago on Ovation.

My agent said don’t bother to say anything. 
I turned up solo, no one asked anything at any time. There wasn’t any extra to pay.

Technically they are supposed to refund a few taxes and fees but I didn’t get anything.

• Thanks 1

One issue which concerns me is..... if I don't advise them the other 2 pax will not be embarking, will they be looking/waiting for those 2 persons at sail away time and therefore delay the whole process. 

49 minutes ago, CCC's said:

One issue which concerns me is..... if I don't advise them the other 2 pax will not be embarking, will they be looking/waiting for those 2 persons at sail away time and therefore delay the whole process. 

I don’t think they would hold the ship up . 
It used to be a regular trick for getting double points in a balcony and was wide spread,especially in the U.S. 

But Royal has stopped it as of the new year, you only get a single point per night now.

Edited by Chiliburn

56 minutes ago, CCC's said:

There is no need to be “ clever” and not advise that the other two guests are  not coming.( bad advice) The  check in agent would/ should  see that there are three people in the stateroom and ask where the other two are. You will not be charged any extra, you have already paid for  three people.There are regularly a number of no shows for whatever reason ( eg covid) and advising us that someone is not coming does speed up the end of day number balancing and the ship leaving on time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, sydgal said:

Can you get someone else to go with you and do a name change?

I am in desperate need of some ME TIME.  So, happy to go alone.  I am sure we have all felt that way at various times in our lives. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCC's said:

Gbenjo.  Thanks you for this excellent advice.  I will notify them when I am checking in.

2 hours ago, CCC's said:

Gbenjo.  Thanks you for this excellent advice.  I will notify them when I am checking in.

No problem……….say hello when you board the ship, just look for the moustache .😁

10 hours ago, CCC's said:

Might be  different situation, but when I was driving a friend to the airport and she was running late, she rang the airline to say she was coming. They curtly told her "we're not going to hold the plane waiting for you".

15 hours ago, christodan said:

Might be  different situation, but when I was driving a friend to the airport and she was running late, she rang the airline to say she was coming. They curtly told her "we're not going to hold the plane waiting for you".

You are correct…a ( totally) different situation. The ship can be  far more  flexible with the departure time. If someone was running late, within reason, but on the way and rang and advised the terminal they would hold off closing check in as long as possible, the clue would be to keep in contact and advise. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 9:06 AM, gbenjo said:

You are correct…a ( totally) different situation. The ship can be  far more  flexible with the departure time. If someone was running late, within reason, but on the way and rang and advised the terminal they would hold off closing check in as long as possible, the clue would be to keep in contact and advise. 

But who the heck do you ring. (if you aren’t cruising Celebrity etc)

Edited by GUT2407

3 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

But who the heck do you ring. (if you aren’t cruising Celebrity etc)

In the good old days there were emergency numbers on the documentation you received for the cruise…I guess these days you would have to download an app or something 😂😂😡😡😡 You would think there must be a contact number somewhere in the cloud where you can speak to a human being.

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

In the good old days there were emergency numbers on the documentation you received for the cruise…I guess these days you would have to download an app or something 😂😂😡😡😡 You would think there must be a contact number somewhere in the cloud where you can speak to a human being.

The good old days are still here Graham. 🙂 

This is from the cruise docs we have recently received for our Ovation cruise departing 11-March. Maybe that number is a direct line to you? 😮

Hope to maybe see you then.

Cheers

image.thumb.png.3ae7101d6a8e1e3e869f1c830150ef88.png

58 minutes ago, mr walker said:

The good old days are still here Graham. 🙂 

This is from the cruise docs we have recently received for our Ovation cruise departing 11-March. Maybe that number is a direct line to you? 😮

Hope to maybe see you then.

Cheers

image.thumb.png.3ae7101d6a8e1e3e869f1c830150ef88.png

Not me personally 😁😁but that is Intercruises office number in Sydney, I knew there had to be a contact number  somewhere.

Yes, come and say hello on the 11th. I will be on the ship where we scan the boarding pass/phone and check photos/faces.

20 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Not me personally 😁😁but that is Intercruises office number in Sydney, I knew there had to be a contact number  somewhere.

Yes, come and say hello on the 11th. I will be on the ship where we scan the boarding pass/phone and check photos/faces.

Will keep a look out for you - our allocated arrival slot is 2:00-2:30