Taking wine onboard for B2B2B

DeniseAtBeach

We have Fort Lauderdale B2B2B in April and will take our 2 bottles of wine at original embarkation. We would like 2 more for the next week and the following week and are wondering the best way to do this, minimizing having to take a taxi to a wine store and reboarding and then the following week doing the same. Might be ‘worth’ taking on 6 bottles and paying corkage fee or have Princess take 4 bottles on our first embarkation,to pick up on our last day of our first week, then bringing those 4 on board to have Princess take 2 away until our next week. Thoughts and suggestions, without the nasty commentary, welcome. Thanks in advance.

have your documents ready

at embarkation - bring 6 bottles on

after first cruise - take the dreaded taxi/uber/walk to Total Wine / Publix - get 4 bottles for the next 2 legs

repeat at next turnaround, if needed, to get 2 more bottles

hey, it might work! 🤑

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

We’ve done it several times.  Just bring your 6 bottles on and explain your b2b2B.  Should have no problem.  

We do this all the time.  I print 1st page of each travel summary, showing the b2b’s. Security tells me to stop at the alcohol desk. No big deal. They do write down the cabin no, usually.

• Like 2

On our B2B on Regal 2 weeks ago, I brought wine and beer on during port stops twice.  Nobody seemed bothered.  It's the whisky and vodka they are interested in.  Don't forget, f you take on too many at the start of the cruise or each time you go back to the original port between each cruise, if they take it off you, they will let you have it back on the last night of the cruise.  So you get it for the next cruise anyway.

We did a 35 night b2b2b last year on Sky and boarded with 4 bottles of wine but wee told that we could only bring 2 aboard.I insisted on seeing a manager but was refused and the poor cruise member kept trying to get us to sign for the corkage.About that time one of the retirees that Princess hires at the pier decided to get involved and told me I was wrong and insisted that I sign.I refused and was eventually allowed boarding.I remarked about the incident on the post cruise questionnaire and never heard anything from Princess.I now carry a printout explaining that 2 bottles are per cruise not per voyage!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, johnmik1 said:

We did a 35 night b2b2b last year on Sky and boarded with 4 bottles of wine but wee told that we could only bring 2 aboard.I insisted on seeing a manager but was refused and the poor cruise member kept trying to get us to sign for the corkage.About that time one of the retirees that Princess hires at the pier decided to get involved and told me I was wrong and insisted that I sign.I refused and was eventually allowed boarding.I remarked about the incident on the post cruise questionnaire and never heard anything from Princess.I now carry a printout explaining that 2 bottles are per cruise not per voyage!

I hope you gave that crew member the review he deserved. 

1 hour ago, johnmik1 said:

We’ve always been able to do this.  Questioned by newer employees at the port alcohol desk.  But, they did let us through by writing down our cabin no.

What port was this? 

2 hours ago, johnmik1 said:

An absolute definite exception and not the rule.

We always arrive at the terminal early and have never had the opportunity to stop at the check in desk even though we have brought wine in the past. (we just kept walking)

Do they always record your cabin number or just stamp your bottles?

(just curious) 

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

We always arrive at the terminal early and have never had the opportunity to stop at the check in desk even though we have brought wine in the past. (we just kept walking)

Do they always record your cabin number or just stamp your bottles?

(just curious) 

If you’re asking me….most of the time they write down the cabin no and they question the b2b, hence the extra bottles.  

But, always agree and send us through.

• Thanks 1