COVID vaccine status pre-boarding - not enhanced cruises

etansy

We are cruising to Grand Turk in March and they require proof of vaccination to be on the island.  Is Princess asking for proof of vaccination for these cruises? Having a hard time getting a definite answer.  The Medallion app doesn't ask for a health check and doesn't offer a place to upload proof of vaccination.  Is Princess checking vaccine cards pre-boarding?  Is this just a box we have to check while boarding?  ANY information about this would be helpful. 

22 minutes ago, etansy said:

We are cruising to Grand Turk in March and they require proof of vaccination to be on the island.  Is Princess asking for proof of vaccination for these cruises? Having a hard time getting a definite answer.  The Medallion app doesn't ask for a health check and doesn't offer a place to upload proof of vaccination.  Is Princess checking vaccine cards pre-boarding?  Is this just a box we have to check while boarding?  ANY information about this would be helpful. 

Please input your voyage number into the online healthcare link on the Princess website to get the most updated vaccine and testing information for your cruise

• Like 1

8 hours ago, etansy said:

When you go to the App…if you have a wellness check line… there is a place to upload your vaccination.

IDK if they have opened this for your cruise.  But, you should take your original vax card with you, if they check at the port.  Ashore, I take a copy of my VAX card to show. Did not have a problem. Some passengers state they stayed OB because they were not vaccinated.

I’m not sure if your cruisehealth tool is updated.  

You might go into a current roll call that is stopping in Grand Turk and ask this question.  I’m not sure you’re going to get a definitive answer from a phone call to PCL or this forum.

We've been on 3 Princess cruises since August.  I did the Princess chat before the August cruise and was told I needed our vaccination cards. We didn't.  We haven't had to show them to get on any ship.  And that included a 20 day in November that was originally an "enhanced" voyage.  Then in January, it was in the Patter that we should take our drivers license and our vaccination cards ashore on a southern Caribbean cruise! And I didn't read anything about it pre cruise.  We have a picture of all of our Covid shots on our phone.  I would hope that would work if needed.

36 minutes ago, JStar said:

We were in Grand Turk last month, no one asked for anything regarding vaccinations. Not to board ship or go ashore in Grand Turk

Same with us - we were there last month on the Sky Princess and no one asked for vaccine status/proof at boarding (we are fully vaccinated including boosters) nor did they request at Grand Turk. 

We boarded the Sky on February 4th.  When checking in, we were asked if we were vaccinated but no proof was requested.  We are vaccinated and boosted.  I asked what if we were not vaccinated and the woman said then you had to answer a health questionnaire and would not be allowed ashore at Grand Turk.

When the ship docked in Grand Turk, some passengers were complaining at the Passenger Services desks because they had booked excursions and were not allowed to leave the ship.

I don’t know what happened to anyone who lied about their vaccination status when questioned.

I feel Princess dropped the ball on this one. JMHO

4 minutes ago, MustangGT said:

We boarded the Sky on February 4th.  When checking in, we were asked if we were vaccinated but no proof was requested.  We are vaccinated and boosted.  I asked what if we were not vaccinated and the woman said then you had to answer a health questionnaire and would not be allowed ashore at Grand Turk.

When the ship docked in Grand Turk, some passengers were complaining at the Passenger Services desks because they had booked excursions and were not allowed to leave the ship.

I don’t know what happened to anyone who lied about their vaccination status when questioned.

That is really unfortunate. I feel it is Princess's responsibility to inform passengers of the paperwork and protocols required at port stops. You are right- they dropped the ball. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MustangGT said:

Those on excursions should have done their homework.  It’s the responsibility of the guest to check requirements for each country they visit.  Excursions has to follow the rules also, they are responsible to check before taking them off the ship.

We had some guests also that did not have a vaccination and they stayed OB.

Let me ask, did you upload your copy of your vaccination in the App?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TracieABD said:

There is no place to upload your vaccination card into the App.

There is on my bookings, however the next one is Enhanced the rest, IDK yet.

I was asking @MustangGTbecause, if they had their vax card uploaded, even previously on another cruise, that would have come up, when they checked in at the port.  That might be WHY they were only asked and not asked to show the card?  

6 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Those on excursions should have done their homework.  It’s the responsibility of the guest to check requirements for each country they visit.  Excursions has to follow the rules also, they are responsible to check before taking them off the ship.

We had some guests also that did not have a vaccination and they stayed OB.

Let me ask, did you upload your copy of your vaccination in the App?

There was not a way to upload it this time but we had in the past. Not sure if it’s on our “permanent record”

18 minutes ago, MustangGT said:

There was not a way to upload it this time but we had in the past. Not sure if it’s on our “permanent record”

Bet it did.  Ours stayed in there from our Nov/Dec cruise.  I didn’t even have to upload it again.  They saw it at the port

on their screen when we checked in.

It also is in there for all my future cruises booked.  It says complete.

8 hours ago, jwattle said:

It's always better to have them and NOT need them, than to need them and not have them...😊

Exactly!  Are you willing to take the chance of being denied boarding just because you chose not to bring a small card with you?  Maybe this scenario is not likely...but again...are you willing to take that chance?  We take the physical cards as well as digital scanned images on our phones.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 6:24 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Exactly!  Are you willing to take the chance of being denied boarding just because you chose not to bring a small card with you?  Maybe this scenario is not likely...but again...are you willing to take that chance?  We take the physical cards as well as digital scanned images on our phones.

Absolutely! We take our originals with us. We just tuck them into our Passports which are in our RFID envelopes.

Edited by nini
Spelling
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 2:20 PM, TracieABD said:

That is really unfortunate. I feel it is Princess's responsibility to inform passengers of the paperwork and protocols required at port stops. You are right- they dropped the ball. 

I entered my voyage on the Princess website.  It says vaccinations are highly recommended but are not required.  I also did a chat online with viator and was told no vaccine is needed.  However, the travel requirements for Turks and Caicos says you must be vaccinated.  So how do you know which is correct.  Extremely confusing from Princess.   Here is the Princess information for my cruise which stops at Grand Turk.

Standard Protocols

This specific booking and/or voyage follows our COVID-19 Standard Protocols for vaccination and testing requirements.

Vaccination Requirements

• It is highly recommended that all guests be up to date on their vaccination status. Vaccinations, however, are not required.

Testing Requirements

• Guests are not required to take a COVID-19 test prior to embarkation.

Global COVID-19 regulations and protocols are continuously changing and we may revise or modify these requirements (effective immediately) to evolve with the latest practices at any time. Please check back regularly for any updates. These protocols only apply to the specific booking number or voyage entered.

As of October 19, 2022

Also from Princess

TRAVEL DOCUMENT, VISA AND VACCINATION DISCLAIMER

This information is provided as general guidance. Because governmental and medical vaccination requirements and recommendations change periodically you must check with your travel advisor, government authorities for the countries you will visit and/or medical professionals to determine or verify the actual requirements and recommendations at the time of sailing. Princess assumes no liability for the passenger's failure to do so.
Failure to present required travel documents, visas or vaccination certificates at cruise check-in will result in denial of boarding without refund of the cruise or cruisetour fare.

• Like 1