How long till Move Up answers

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

We are in aqua class and our elderly father in law who needs assistance at times has an infinite verandah, we put a bid to try to move him up (we are on the Beyond on March 19th) and still its pending.

We are nearly 33 days away from the cruise, when you put in a bid how long did you get an answer of acceptance or denial and how long did they assign a cabin to you?

Check out the Move Up thread that is stickied to read people's specific experiences.  But to answer your question, it can happen anytime between when you bid until about 3 days before you sail and I have even heard a few times where people found out on embarkation day.  33 days out is still very early to hear back yet.

Edited by prmssk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Check out the Move Up thread that is stickied to read people's specific experiences.  But to answer your question, it can happen anytime between when you bid until about 3 days before you sail and I have even heard a few times where people found out on embarkation day.  33 days out is still very early to hear back yet.

Thank you, I will keep it for three more days then I will cancel it out and I just downgrade my cabin to be on the same deck as he is.

You could be upgraded anytime between now and 48 hours to cruise.    At 48 hours from sailing time the bids not accepted emails go out.     You can be upgraded and I have just before the 48 hours. 

At 48 hours the manifest to the ship is closed -   It is also the deadline to cancel pre-sailing any excursion or other package.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Cruisegirl6:  How many posts are you going to post about this?  You already asked this on another post?

I didn't get any answer as to how long it took people, the time when they made their offer and the time they were accepted or declined.  I finally got an answer above here by prmmsk and your comment doesn't even have to do with answering my question, so why make the comment?!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I didn't get any answer as to how long it took people, the time when they made their offer and the time they were accepted or declined.  I finally got an answer above here by prmmsk and your comment doesn't even have to do with answering my question, so why make the comment?!

The comment was made because you have in the last few days asked the same questions over and over even though you were given answers to them.

There is a sticky thread at the top of the boards that is all about move-up bids and people’s experience with them that you could read.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, George C said:

We found out two days before sailing, got the penthouse 

Did you bid on the PH or something else? They have been doing weird things recently and assigned higher category room than the one passengers actually bid for.

As for the OP, what exactly is the benefit in terms of providing assistance to the pax when changing from a regular veranda to AQ veranda? I don't quite get the context of this. I would be VERY careful to do a bid in this situation, at least right now you know where his cabin is. He could end up anywhere that's extremely inconvenient to get to especially if he's someone who needs assistance.

• Like 1

Let's be clear about all this.

By using "Move Up", you are in the world of contract law. By doing so, you are making an offer to the cruise company. More specifically, an offer with no expiry date (this is specified in the terms the cruise company clearly stipulates). This means that the cruise company can take as long as it likes to accept your offer. It may not accept it at all. The cruise company is in the driver's seat, once an offer has been made.

Your only recourse is to withdraw your offer, which you may do at any time, provided it has not been accepted by the cruise company.

Once accepted, you immediately have a legally binding contract, for the amount of your offer.

Tread carefully and know the obligations and limitations of both parties.

Edited by Canuker

13 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

We are in aqua class and our elderly father in law who needs assistance at times has an infinite verandah, we put a bid to try to move him up (we are on the Beyond on March 19th) and still its pending.

We are nearly 33 days away from the cruise, when you put in a bid how long did you get an answer of acceptance or denial and how long did they assign a cabin to you?

I don't have the answer as I have just placed my first "Move Up" bid.  Sorry that people just can't help themselves and scroll past and not say something rude. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

The comment was made because you have in the last few days asked the same questions over and over even though you were given answers to them.

There is a sticky thread at the top of the boards that is all about move-up bids and people’s experience with them that you could read.

I didn't understand what the sticky threat is until now lol