clock in room?

fb0075

I take my own little clock wherever I go 😉 But on Regent ships, there's usually a bedside clock which is consistently updated with time changes by the housekeeping staff, which is useful in times of confusion!   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, irishwitchy said:

No phone with you?  Yes, there is a clock, which I usually turn over so it doesn’t glow at night.  

Interesting. My issue has been that cabin clock DOESN'T glow enough at night that I can read it in the dark (did 66 nights on Voyager in 2022).

• Like 3

Yes there is a small clock on the night table.  We were in a concierge suite.   My problem was that I couldn’t see it at night. It didn’t glow.  I got into the habit of keeping my iPhone face down next to me.  When I wanted to see the time I simply picked it up.  The problem with my iPhone was that when we changed time zones it didn’t catch up right away.  Sometimes I actually turned on the TV to check the ships time.  I have an old Timex watch that has a face that glows in the dark. I should have taken it on the cruise.

48 minutes ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

No phone with you?

While I will use my phone for time etc, I do not rely on it.  My phone at times will disagree with the ship's time which you can find on the TV and which your bedside alarm clock should also state.  The ship could pass through a time zone in the middle of the day, and decide not to change the time until that night.

• Like 2

I personally don't even power my phone on when I'm on holidays if I can avoid it. I bring my small notebook PC to potentially do an email in the AM while having a coffee to see if there are any disasters that can't wait/keep family up to date, but other than that I try to unplug.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gilly said:

I take my own little clock wherever I go 😉 But on Regent ships, there's usually a bedside clock which is consistently updated with time changes by the housekeeping staff, which is useful in times of confusion!   

Me too 😁. I can just look and see the time without having to pick it up like a phone 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Techno123 said:

Me too 😁. I can just look and see the time without having to pick it up like a phone 😂

Exactly!   And when we arrived on the ship for our cruise in October, I was sorry to see my own little clock had stopped - it needed a new battery.  Before I could turn around, it had been replaced!  Regent service is really above and beyond expectation 🥰

• Like 1