PCC questions

AK Dreaming

I've sailed over 25 times and I do not have a PCC or travel agent.  I just book on line with NCL.  However, I am planning a family trip with several differnt types of cabins and people from different states.  If I'm going to use a PCC, I'd like to get one that someone can recomend as I've heard stories about unresponsiveness and missed opportunities.  Can anyone recommend a PCC?

1 minute ago, AK Dreaming said:

I've sailed over 25 times and I do not have a PCC or travel agent.  I just book on line with NCL.  However, I am planning a family trip with several differnt types of cabins and people from different states.  If I'm going to use a PCC, I'd like to get one that someone can recomend as I've heard stories about unresponsiveness and missed opportunities.  Can anyone recommend a PCC?

You might want to talk to the Group travel department too and see if that is a good option for you 🙂

12 minutes ago, AK Dreaming said:

I've sailed over 25 times and I do not have a PCC or travel agent.  I just book on line with NCL.  However, I am planning a family trip with several different types of cabins and people from different states.  If I'm going to use a PCC, I'd like to get one that someone can recommend as I've heard stories about unresponsiveness and missed opportunities.  Can anyone recommend a PCC?

You are not allowed to name consultants on Cruise Critic. 

That being said, you may also want to consider a travel agent (e.g., warehouse store that sells cheap hot dogs w/ soda). They can help with your bookings and give you some extra perks. 

• Like 2

I prefer to be in control of my bookings and so prefer to do it myself; however, cruises and some inclusives are better booked with an agent.  Recently booked 2 cruises from an agency due to their offer of 10% of cruise fare back as OBC.  The price was identical to what i could have booked online with NCL and Celebrity but the 10% back as refundable OBC is a winner all the way around and when i want to make a change to something I just call the agent and they deal with the cruise line instead of me waiting on hold to talk with them and get different answers depending on the person i'm talking with.  

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

You are not allowed to name consultants on Cruise Critic. 

That being said, you may also want to consider a travel agent (e.g., warehouse store that sells cheap hot dogs w/ soda). They can help with your bookings and give you some extra perks. 

Sorry, I did not realize about the naming issue.  

Regarding the warehouse that we will not name, I was nervous that if there were changes or cancelations they may not be as reactive?  If anyone has used a big box or travel agent was there any issues with notificaiton about changes?

15 minutes ago, AK Dreaming said:

I live in South Florida and I used to see Travel Agencies in all the strip malls, but haven't seen one in about 10 years.  I thought they went away with VCR repair men.

They moved down the street next to the typewriter repair shop in my town.   🤪

41 minutes ago, AK Dreaming said:

I live in South Florida and I used to see Travel Agencies in all the strip malls, but haven't seen one in about 10 years.  I thought they went away with VCR repair men.

Mine is alive and well in the same location since 1948

Out of curiosity - does this mean that you can somehow bypass the PCC once you are an established customer? We booked on our own online for our first NCL cruise, and we got emails assigning us PCCs right away. I didn't think it was an opt-out situation with the PCC. It's fine, and he's been perfectly fine, but I'm not sure how I defaulted into having to use him, unless it's a newbie thing? 

you can deal with ncl directly, you do not need an pcc. ifyou get a call from one of them, you can simply say no thank you.  for years i booked directly with CAS, One fine day i received a cold call from a pcc. i asked her what she could do for me that a i couldnt do for myself, but i decided to give her a try.

i usually do all   the research myself, decide where, when and which ship i wanted, then called her to just book it for me.

after a while, i got frustrated with her, as her numbers didnt jibe with mine. she was a lovely person, but there were benefits we had through CASof which she was unaware, so i went back to booking myself through CAS. 

we subsequently found a person working through CAS that is an absolute godsend. unfortunately  due to cruise critic's rules and regulations, i cannot share her information

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cmph said:

Out of curiosity - does this mean that you can somehow bypass the PCC once you are an established customer? We booked on our own online for our first NCL cruise, and we got emails assigning us PCCs right away. I didn't think it was an opt-out situation with the PCC. It's fine, and he's been perfectly fine, but I'm not sure how I defaulted into having to use him, unless it's a newbie thing? 

I always book my cruises on line myself.  When the PCC calls, just tell them you do not require assistance.  They will ususally email you too, but I just politely email back that I do not need assistance.  As I said before I've heard not so good reviews for some PCC.  When I said I do not have one.  I meant I do not work with one.  Many have called and emailed and said they are my PCC.  Not usually the same one twice.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cmph said:

Yes, you can.

My husband works with a PCC as he enjoyed communicating with someone outside of me when he worked remotely. We'll be using my services moving forward (notch a win in my belt)...until he gets tired of me telling him no we can't go on a cruise (yes, he's booked cruises without my input, not that I mind).

Anyway, I needed to request a few things from NCL for my clients. At the same time, I had to ask about a deviation for our cruise. After getting done earning my commission, I asked about my issues. The agent transferred me to someone in the main call center, who then asked if I'd like to be connected to my PCC. I said no, as I knew she wasn't at work yet and I just wanted to get this over with. The agent was happy to help with my deviation, and any other request (their words, not mine). 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, AK Dreaming said:

Sorry, I did not realize about the naming issue.  

Regarding the warehouse that we will not name, I was nervous that if there were changes or cancelations they may not be as reactive?  If anyone has used a big box or travel agent was there any issues with notificaiton about changes?

They are pretty good. Last year, our Escape cruise was cancelled when the ship was damaged. The warehouse actually notified and were working changes for their clients a day before NCL notified their direct bookings. You get a few extra onboard perks plus a warehouse gift card. 

• Like 1

Thanks to all who replied to me. Kind of funny that the email makes it seem like you have to use that PCC. He's been fine, no complaints, but I haven't had to ask for much since I do my own planning. I will say, having a PCC worked out nicely once so far - I requested a price adjustment via email over a holiday after reading about a sale. I suppose I could not have done that any easier way, b/c he processed the new rate when he returned to work and sent me the updated balances via email. No questions asked, no attempts to upsell, no time wasted on the phone, easy peasy.