Royal Up Question

cvasto

I have a cruise coming up this weekend and received an email saying my offer was not selected yet, and that the ship would be reviewing my offer. Talked about how they could accept it up to 2 hours before embarkment.

Anyone else have an experience like this before? Just looking for some feedback. Thanks!

I ended up canceling the bid. I'm currently in a regular balcony with a good location and was bidding on an ultra spacious balcony.... liked the idea of the bunk beds, but don't really think it is worth it. Gonna save my cash and stay where I am. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, cvasto said:

I have a cruise coming up this weekend and received an email saying my offer was not selected yet, and that the ship would be reviewing my offer. Talked about how they could accept it up to 2 hours before embarkment.

Anyone else have an experience like this before? Just looking for some feedback. Thanks!

Received exactly the same letter.  As @firefly333 that is the standard email they send everyone who made a bit that was not accepted.  We do not have any expectation that we will receive the upgrade we requested. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, cvasto said:

When does your cruise depart and when did you receive the email? I'm just wondering how far in advance they send these emails.

16 minutes ago, teddybear231 said:

When does your cruise depart and when did you receive the email? I'm just wondering how far in advance they send these emails.

We received ours yesterday for our sailing on Saturday.  So I would say 72 hours in advance of sailing. 

A few days before cruise they settle the bids to open rooms.  If you do not make that,  usually you will get this letter but you are relegated to no shows so chances arent good.  You will get a loser email once you sail.  Normally i see my room number change on the app before i get the “winner” email.  I have gotten a winning bid much sooner but ships werent full at that time.  Again nothing is for sure with this program.  Anything can happen.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, resetjet said:

A few days before cruise they settle the bids to open rooms.  If you do not make that,  usually you will get this letter but you are relegated to no shows so chances arent good.  You will get a loser email once you sail.  Normally i see my room number change on the app before i get the “winner” email.  I have gotten a winning bid much sooner but ships werent full at that time.  Again nothing is for sure with this program.  Anything can happen.

To add to above comments:

The first sign of a win will be credit card activity (quickly noted by those actively monitor their card activity; not so quickly by others). 

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2023 at 5:38 PM, teddybear231 said:

Email comes out about 72-48 hours prior to departure when control of the reservations are transferred from shore to the ship. 

Pre-pandemic, bidding would be closed at this point and everyone got their rejection emails.

Currently, because of the continued number of last minute cancellations due to COVID and such, they have left the bidding open. That is normally done so that they can fill the suites (not move insides to ocean views). (i.e., there are $$$$ to be made moving someone up to a suite versus a $50 bid from inside to ocean view)

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Email comes out about 72-48 hours prior to departure when control of the reservations are transferred from shore to the ship.

The ship does not have control over them until after the sailing is closed and the manifest is submitted.  This happens at around noon the day prior to sailing which is about 28 hours. Unless the ship is sold out you can still book a cabin up until that point.