Grand Suite

You won’t need the Key unless it is close to the cost of WiFi and you want the Chops lunch. You’ll get priority boarding and such with the suite. No drink package is included with GS but you will get access to the suite lounge and its perks. 

There is a reserved suite pool lounge area but it sucks IMO. 

Edited by HBCcruiser

8 minutes ago, orville99 said:

WiFi is included in a GS at no cost, so other than the Chops lunch, the Key is a waste of $$.

Wait...it is??? We are sailing on Grandeur OTS in GS in April and I bought wifi...this would be an amazing little cost savings if I can cancel the package 

4 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

I think WiFi is only included on Royal suite class (Oasis and Quantum) class ships 

3 minutes ago, poocher said:

I thought WIFI was only free on ships with Royal Suite Class ie Oasis & perhaps Quantum?

Correct. Wifi is only included as a free perk for those in a GS and above (Royal Suite class) on the Oasis and Quantum class ships

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mandyleighflies said:

GS is SOOOO worth it!! We had our first GS last February and now I won't cruise in anything less than JS or GS...the space is worth the additional cost IMO. The priority features are great too!! 

Have yet to book a GS or higher. About 50% of our bookings are in a JS, but at the end of the day, I will sail on a balcony if the price is right.   Eg:  7 days on Anthem in March for $750pp in a balcony, but was over $1,500 pp in a JS, so we did the balcony, but then booked a 4 night on Liberty in a balcony for just over $400 pp.  - so I cruise twice for less than what I pay for 1 cruise in a JS.  But... I get it... the feel of the larger rooms is awesome, but at a price.   I'd love to try a GS someday.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, mandyleighflies said:

Wait...it is??? We are sailing on Grandeur OTS in GS in April and I bought wifi...this would be an amazing little cost savings if I can cancel the package 

29 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

I think WiFi is only included on Royal suite class (Oasis and Quantum) class ships 

27 minutes ago, poocher said:

I thought WIFI was only free on ships with Royal Suite Class ie Oasis & perhaps Quantum?

24 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Wifi is not included on Navigator.

22 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

Correct. Wifi is only included as a free perk for those in a GS and above (Royal Suite class) on the Oasis and Quantum class ships

You are all correct. My bad...we have been sailing in GS on Oasis class ships lately, and I misinterpreted the statement I responded to.

I love navigator did it three times always in grand suite , unfortunately no free WiFi, you do get priority getting on the ship , you get three hour happy hour with unlimited drinks normally 5 to 8 , great sitting by the pool , reserved seats for ice show. Breakfast in specialty restaurant, also concierge to help with any issues, concierge will also walk you off the ship at the end of the cruise. Cabin is really nice with large balcony and bathroom which has double sinks . 
  About 5 days before sailing you should get a email from concierge listing all the perks you have for this cruise.

Edited by George C
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

You are all correct. My bad...we have been sailing in GS on Oasis class ships lately, and I misinterpreted the statement I responded to.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I hope RC does start to extend those kind of perks into the older class ships.

It makes zero sense. They could roll the cost into the price of a suite and call it a perk and no one would notice. Last Royal cruise was on Serenade and I almost forgot we had to buy it until days before we sailed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Big_G said:

It makes zero sense. They could roll the cost into the price of a suite and call it a perk and no one would notice. Last Royal cruise was on Serenade and I almost forgot we had to buy it until days before we sailed.

From a marketing standpoint, offering just internet might sway people who would never book a Royal Suite due to cost, but might splurge for one on an older ship.

• Like 1

From my point of view I would prefer if they were consistent.  Either wifi should be included or not, for all the full suites.  It's a pain trying to keep track of what is and is not included in a suite on different ships.

That being the said, the wifi cost would not impact my decision to get a particular room.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, jillybean74 said:

Navigator of the seas 3/10/23

Royal up to a grand suite …should I keep my

key club, coffee package ( BF dosnt drink , only coffee & water )and reserved day bed ?

is there a reserved pool area for suite guests?

I'm surprised you received your answer for a Royal up so far out. Congratulations!  What kind of bid did you put in and what category were you moving up from?  

Definitely cash in the Key if you have a suite.  Also possibly the coffee card as well.  You can get Lattes and Cappuccino's in the suite lounge all day long.  Everything that George lists below is a good summary of the benefits.

3 hours ago, George C said:

I love navigator did it three times always in grand suite , unfortunately no free WiFi, you do get priority getting on the ship , you get three hour happy hour with unlimited drinks normally 5 to 8 , great sitting by the pool , reserved seats for ice show. Breakfast in specialty restaurant, also concierge to help with any issues, concierge will also walk you off the ship at the end of the cruise. Cabin is really nice with large balcony and bathroom which has double sinks . 
  About 5 days before sailing you should get a email from concierge listing all the perks you have for this cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

You won’t need the Key unless it is close to the cost of WiFi and you want the Chops lunch. You’ll get priority boarding and such with the suite. No drink package is included with GS but you will get access to the suite lounge and its perks. 

There is a reserved suite pool lounge area but it sucks IMO. 

If you bought the key for internet compare the prices.   If the key is about the same price you may just want to keep it.  If key is more expensive, drop the key and buy internet alone.   If you don’t care about internet, just drop it altogether.  

if you are Diamond or above you get some free internet which could be enough for you.  

It's hard to make it consistent across the board when some ships have CK (Oasis & Quantum), some with combined CK/SL with wine, beer and soda from 11-11 (Oasis class), others just SL. In my experience with all three types the price for GS and above reflect the included amenities    

• Like 1